X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Moss?

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
    I only saw Compton in for one series in the fourth, and on punts
    I figured for a guy going to the nfl combine he would have gotten in more.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Anyone see stats that would tell us how many plays included Dale? I DVR'd the game and went through it once...seems he was on the field a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        Anyone see stats that would tell us how many plays included Dale? I DVR'd the game and went through it once...seems he was on the field a lot.
        Watched parts of first half and he was in on probably half of the offensive series and was also on the kickoff team that recovered the onside kick. Bobby Ross didn't look to happy about that at halftime, BTW. IF Chilly had been that innovative in Minnesota he might still be there.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          I don't have an exact number but I did watch the entire game. I'd say he played roughly a 1/3 of the offensive series.

Stats wise I know he had 2 catches for a roughly 20 yards.

On one play, Moss had his man beat deep on a double move but Dan Persa overthrew him by about 20 yards, which was disappointing, because if the ball would have been under thrown it would have been a jump ball situation where Dale could have showcase his athleticism.
          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

It was somewhat hard for me to tell exactly the amount of plays he played because they ran the ball quite a bit and there was a receiver from Boise State whose helmet looks similar when on the far side. But I thought he played quite a bit.

Comment

Dale was in on every other series until they got down close to the end zone then they went to different receivers.

Comment

Good article about Dale in the Collegian:http://www.sdsucollegian.com/2012/01...tance-for-nfl/
                "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Interesting tweet today about Dales workouts from Scott Smith with XAMsports
                  "Got testing numbers today from #SDSU WR Dale Moss & they are eye-popping, including fastest 3-cone time I ever heard"

Comment

Originally posted by farmerjack View Post
                    Interesting tweet today about Dales workouts from Scott Smith with XAMsports
                    "Got testing numbers today from #SDSU WR Dale Moss & they are eye-popping, including fastest 3-cone time I ever heard"
                    I think that is coming from his agent, so no surprise that he is impressed.
                    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                      I think that is coming from his agent, so no surprise that he is impressed.
                      One would deduce as much based on Dale's tweet today.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

4.45 forty and a 3-cone time faster than anybody at last year's combine. His pro day will be a crowded place.
                        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                          4.45 forty and a 3-cone time faster than anybody at last year's combine. His pro day will be a crowded place.
                          Where did you find his numbers?

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                            One would deduce as much based on Dale's tweet today.
                            which is true, but at the same time he wouldn't be making these claims unless Dale is doing something in his workouts.

Comment

His 3-Cone time was a 6.24 (averaged from 2 times 6.27 and 6.21) which would have broken a combine record. I'm sure whoever runs his training facility will post a youtube video depicting the drill.
                              Current Numbers
                              39inch vert
                              6.24 3-cone
                              3.89 shuttle
                              4.45 forty
                              unsure on bench reps

but I know he has quite some time until his pro day and numbers can vary, but looks like he is going to put up some pretty impressive numbers at his pro day.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaddy View Post
                                His 3-Cone time was a 6.24 (averaged from 2 times 6.27 and 6.21) which would have broken a combine record. I'm sure whoever runs his training facility will post a youtube video depicting the drill.
                                Current Numbers
                                39inch vert
                                6.24 3-cone
                                3.89 shuttle
                                4.45 forty
                                unsure on bench reps

but I know he has quite some time until his pro day and numbers can vary, but looks like he is going to put up some pretty impressive numbers at his pro day.
                                Looked up last years combine results for wide recievers
                                3 cone-he would have destroyed everybody last year as the quickest was 6.42
                                vert-highest was 42 and he would have been 7th beating Julio Jones and AJ Green
                                shuttle-fastest was 3.88 so he would have been second by .01 seconds
                                forty-fastest was 4.31 and would have been the 10th fastest reciever which is faster than AJ Green and pretty fast for his size
                                So basically he has some time to improve his numbers and if he puts numbers like that up at his pro day I look for him to being drafted. How high I don't know.

Comment

Working...
                                X