Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Moss?

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
    Stig does not decide who starts - offense or defense.

He even said he disagrees with his coaches as to who should start. He said it specifically before the Southern Illinois game. It is indisputable fact.

I couldn't disagree more with Stig on this aspect. As head coach, he needs to step in and take control of the team. If he does, maybe the Jacks win more games the past two years. As head coach, it all comes back to him.

One easy example is Dom Claire. What if he would have been used as a short yardage back in lieu of Kool? How many more short yardage situations and TD's would the Jacks have converted equallying at least one or two more wins.

Second easy example - the shuffling of the offensive line.

Third easy example - Sumner should have started over TOB all year long.

Fouth example - Moss wasn't used as much earlier in the year.

An example from last year - Cochart caught a NFL pass. Why wasn't he featured more with the Jacks? (new coordinator thats why. seems the Jacks used to have another pretty good TE recently that was used.)

Defensively they started 2cnd stringers late in the year over 1st stringers. Stig said he disagreed with it.

You can't coach speed. The speed I see is Kool at WR next year. I don't think the coaches will see it.
    If Stig's not having any input on starters then someone needs to look at who has the title of head coach. Ultimately what's best for the program rests with him and if there's a disagreement the asst coaches better have a damn compelling reason why they have one guy tabbed over who the HC thinks.
    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
      If Stig's not having any input on starters then someone needs to look at who has the title of head coach. Ultimately what's best for the program rests with him and if there's a disagreement the asst coaches better have a damn compelling reason why they have one guy tabbed over who the HC thinks.
      Completely agree. I think the head coach should be making these decisions. If he doesnt call the plays if he doesnt decide who plays, what does he actually do besides talk to the refs during the game.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        So the scout team running defensive sets of our opponents doesnt help the QB to learn to read a Defense?
        It might help to a certain degree, but your scout teams are often true freshmen, and do they know as much as an opposing line backer who has faced the jacks three years in a row?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          It might help to a certain degree, but your scout teams are often true freshmen, and do they know as much as an opposing line backer who has faced the jacks three years in a row?
          I know you can't simulate game speed and practice can maybe hekp figure some out but can't anwser all the questions. Still can't but help wonder with 2 blow outs in a row at illinois and poly why the coaches waited till the last series to give sumner some reps. We were blown out. Why risk your starter and his confidence when he is struggling. Tob needed a a chance to get off the field if only to see the game from the sidelines and get some coaching. Playing your back up the last series really does nothing to help either your back up gain experience or your starter to save face and get pulled earlier.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Winter is coming, and I see significant drifting here - thread drift. However, wouldn't it be cool to see Moss driving a snow plow?

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
              This.

Comment

Originally posted by timeforachange View Post
                How can you keep defending Stig on the quarterback situation? As previously mentioned TOB was throwing interceptions where Sumner wasn't. Sumner was going against the second team defense but also the first line defense. It was nothing but a loyalty thing. And one more point I truly believe Sumner showed he has just as strong as arm as TOB if not stronger and more accurate.
                I was listening to ESPNradio awhile ago. Hasselbeck was describing "arm talent", not just a strong arm. But the ability to make the throws, softer, harder, depth, high, low. There are a lot of big arms (Cunningham and Boller come to mind) but the ability to make the throws in timing with the plays, and the goal of the play(screen to the running back and fades take talent in my opinion). Sumner has arm talent, TOB had an arm, big difference, just ask anyone who ever coached Jeff George.
                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

What an absolute joke. Moss doesn't make MVFC 1st team.

Comment

Do they count non-conference games for these final teams? Because if not, Moss tied for the lead in catches (53), had the most yards (843), and tied for the most in TDs (6) in conference games. Joke.
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

• Re: Moss?

Wow. That is surprising and disappointing.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Who votes on awards? Coaches or who? I can only think voters from other teams weren't happy that he came an lead in league being away for 4 years whereas other players have spent 4 or 5 years trying to get the award. Moss had 16 freakin more catches, 36 more yards. than Saffold. He was robbed for sure.
                        Last edited by witness; 11-28-2011, 07:52 PM.
                        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                          Who votes on awards? Coaches or who? I can only think voters from other teams weren't happy that he came an lead in league being away for 4 years whereas other players have spent 4 or 5 years trying to get the award. Moss had 16 freakin more catches, 36 more yards. than Saffold. He was robbed for sure.
                          That is my guess too. That he was only here for one year. Give votes to guys who maybe put their time in.

Comment

Dale Moss was named to the MVFC all-newcomer team
                            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Not sure how the MVC does it, but back in the NCC days the coaches voted on the All-Conference teams. To me that makes some sense since they are the better judges of talent.

In regard to Moss being a first year guy and not getting voted in because other guys have put in 4-5 years...that's BS. So basically that would preclude a freshman from ever being All-Conference. This was just pure bias and stupidity on whoever votes part. Dale was arguably the top receiver in the league this year and to be left off the team is just nuts. He'll just have to show the league how good he really is on Sunday's in the future.
                              I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                                All the receivers benefitted from having Summner as QB,I'm glad Aaron, Dale,and Austin all had a good year.Look forward to many more receivers having good years with Austin at QB.Good receivers to go with a good QB,well, that's a match made in heaven.

Comment

Working...
                                X