K Jr Harris
      P Sr Priddy
      LS Jr Dirk Kool / So Daughters

KR So WR Kool / So WR Rollin
      PR Sr CB Brodie / So WR Kool
      If u don't mind me asking

Comment

Re: SDSU at Delaware

You can find depth chart here (as Minneapolis Jack has already posted).

http://www.gojacks.com/downloads2/38...B_OEM_ID=15000

Comment

If I remember correctly, the last 3 years, or is it 4 now? I guess my memory isn;t that good, but the point was, every year we end the season higher ranked then where we started. This year looks to be no different. Every year we get a harder schedule, and every year we excede what "others" say about us. My homer thoughts for the night, if we lose or by more then a touchdown, its a fluke, if we win or by more then a touchdown its a true showing.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by State Line Liquors View Post
            Just tell your boys to watch out for the lizards and parrots in the corner of the stadium with the banyan trees and spanish moss. They can get pretty testy if we haven't fed them any koala bears in a few days.

Oh yeah, and make sure to hydrate for a few days and bring the bug spray. It's going to be hotter than the Amazon on Saturday afternoon.

NAST - Not A Smack Thread (This was an attempt at smack, right?)

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
              Probably not.

Comment

Originally posted by UD1Hens View Post
                The battle will be up front, if you get pressure without blitzing it won't matter if Conrad or General are back there...you'll control our passing game.

As for the whole respect card...you guys have done nothing to earn the #9 ranking...you are 0-0 with playoff loss at Montana. Delaware has done nothing to earn its #17 ranking either. They had a bad year last year and haven't proved anything in 2010. Their ranking is because of the tradition.

Who cares about respect anyway...if your players believe in what they can do what does it matter. As for the national perception of the Jacks, winning Saturday on the road vs a quality opponent will go a long way. Make a serious run in the playoffs will go even further.
                Can't argue with any of that. Excellent post, UD1.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                  In what way did you interpret that as smack?

It was sarcasm. The weather is going to be beautiful. Delaware isn't Panama. If you had to use one word to describe the Delaware weather it would be 'temperate'. If you're actually from NoVa, you would of course know that. In short: Your guys aren't going to be affected by the heat.

Let's talk some football.

Comment

As a long-time UD fan I really have no idea as to what to expect this Saturday. SDSU is obviously an unknown quantity to Hen fans, but this 2010 Delaware squad is right now really pretty much a question mark to UD fans as well. Their win vs an overmatched DII West Chester provided little insight as to what UD fans can expect vs real competition. The fact is that in recent years, other than in the '07 Joe Flacco led season, UD football has not achieved anywhere near the success that the Hens had routinely enjoyed in previous years. Hopes are high heading into this season, as UD has a proven talent a QB and a lot of returning starters on both sides of the ball. However, there are major question marks, the OL play over the past two seasons has been very subpar and most of those OL men are back and starting again this year. Is that a good or bad thing? We will soon see. The other area of real concern is the DL, the play of that group will also have to improve for UD to achieve success this year. This is UD's first test and anyone who claims to have any idea as to what to expect is kidding themselves. Nothing would shock me, a SDSU win by a big margin, a UD blowout or anything in-between is possible. I just hope that we see a good game.

Comment

Originally posted by HardCoreHen View Post
                      As a long-time UD fan I really have no idea as to what to expect this Saturday. SDSU is obviously an unknown quantity to Hen fans, but this 2010 Delaware squad is right now really pretty much a question mark to UD fans as well. Their win vs an overmatched DII West Chester provided little insight as to what UD fans can expect vs real competition. The fact is that in recent years, other than in the '07 Joe Flacco led season, UD football has not achieved anywhere near the success that the Hens had routinely enjoyed in previous years. Hopes are high heading into this season, as UD has a proven talent a QB and a lot of returning starters on both sides of the ball. However, there are major question marks, the OL play over the past two seasons has been very subpar and most of those OL men are back and starting again this year. Is that a good or bad thing? We will soon see. The other area of real concern is the DL, the play of that group will also have to improve for UD to achieve success this year. This is UD's first test and anyone who claims to have any idea as to what to expect is kidding themselves. Nothing would shock me, a SDSU win by a big margin, a UD blowout or anything in-between is possible. I just hope that we see a good game.
                      Great post HCH and right on the money as far as I'm concerned. We're pretty positive on our team, but we certainly have a number of concerns...missing our best Dback, who is an outstanding leader on the field...an untested offensive line...being on the road against a traditionally tough program, who has already had a game to shake things out...and a lot of our hopes riding on a sophomore quaterback who may turn out to be the best we have had, but only time will prove that out. It will be an interesting game for both teams. Let's play some football!!

Comment

From The CSN.

South Dakota State (0-0, 0-0) @ Delaware (1-0, 0-0)
                        This is probably the national game of the week. Like UNI, SDSU has yet to play a game. Its opening opponent is perennial FCS power Delaware, which topped DII West Chester 31-0 last week.

The tough road schedule starts with this season opener for the Jackrabbits. SDSU later plays at FBS Nebraska and later to MVFC mates Northern Iowa, Southern Illinois and rival North Dakota State.

I think SDSU will need to contain the Blue Hen passing game, and it will need to keep the ball on the ground to come away with a victory. Coming off a playoff season and one that should have seen it defeat Montana in the opening round (having outplayed the Grizzles for the first three quarters of the game), I think SDSU will come out fully charged.

I will take SDSU by a field goal in a mid-level scoring contest. SDSU 31, Delaware 28.

With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Newest Delaware News Journal articles regarding the game as well as soon praise for SDSU:

http://blogs.delawareonline.com/coll...till-smarting/
                          “I’m pretty sure they’re upset about that loss,” Delaware senior cornerback and captain Tyrone Grant said Tuesday. “Just recently, I was watching it. That was a heart-breaker for those guys. I’m pretty sure they’re going to carry over that fire from that loss and bring it into this game.”

The Jackrabbits may not have won that game, but, Keeler said, they proved they were national title worthy.

http://www.delawareonline.com/articl...y-for-playoffs
                          "They're big and physical," Keeler said, "well-coached, want to come after you, run the ball downhill at you, play defense. ... They really fly around. They held up really well in the game against Montana and all of a sudden the wheels came falling off. That was bad field position and those kinds of things. But that's the strength of this team, their defense."

"It's going to be a big challenge," said Delaware senior cornerback and captain Tyrone Grant. "They're tough guys. You can see it come out on the film. They're pretty big on paper also."

Comment

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever
                            UD1Hen, HardcoreHen and other UD who have come on this board thank you for coming to our board and offering good insight to your team, good insight into our team and just being good fans. Thanks. Now on to Saturday! Go Jacks!
                            I will add my thanks as well. After seeing a bit of film this morning at the Difference Maker meeting, we are dealing with a very good QB and a interesting offense. One back set but a very solid running game. The QB operates out of the shootgun and one would suspect a great deal of passing, but they are more of a running team. The QB is a fourth in NFL ratings of rookies for next year. This guy is very good.

Our defense will need to read the UD line as there are many options to their offense. I can see where they too are mystified to a certain degree with the size of our line. I think we will be well into the first half before we start determining the winner and the loser. The game could go down to the wire.

Comment

What I would like to know is if UD fans think Devlin is as good as or better than Flacco.

Are they completely different types of QB's?

Can they even be compared?
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                                What I would like to know is if UD fans think Devlin is as good as or better than Flacco.

Are they completely different types of QB's?

Can they even be compared?
                                Devlin's arm strength is not as impressive as Flacco's, but that's not really a knock, as most NFL QBs don't have an arm like Joe Flacco. Both are drop back pro style QB's, but Devlin can and will take off on designed running plays, while Flacco was never a much of a running threat in the UD offense. Flacco made a big jump in productivity in his 2d season with UD after transferring from Pitt, UD fans hope Devlin will do the same as this is his 2d year with the Hens. Devlin does have a very good group of receivers and the key to controlling the Hen's passing game will probably be pressure on the QB. No pressure will likely equate to a tough day for the SDSU defense.

As for as good or better than Flacco, Devlin may have the potential this year to be as good a 'college' QB as Flacco, but I doubt that his NFL prospects are as bright.

Comment

Working...
                                X