SDSU at Delaware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU at Delaware

You'll like Hobo Day...it's unique. No need to guarantee attendance for Hobo Day -- it's usually standing room only.

Comment

Using info I got from this site and GoJacks.com (and the non-existant Delaware info which appears to be a State secret), I've compiled the 2-Deeps for both teams on a single sheet and offfered it to the members at GoHens.net. I thought you Jacks fans following the game would also appreciate having the 2-Deeps for both squads on a single sheet, so I thought I'd share it with you.

http://www.gohens.net/downloads/Delaware-SDSU.pdf

Comment

I come in peace. I've been reading a lot of armchair analysis about this game, and had to offer my $.02 worth. I don't post football stuff at Gohens.net any more becaue the faithful are completely intolerant of anything that is remotely critical of the team and/or coach...

I've watched UD football for fifty years now, and this team is a cypher so far. Forget about the win over WCU. The WCU games are worse than meaningless, they're misleading. I've seen very good UD teams blow out WCU and go on to Chattanooga. I've seen very bad UD teams blow out WCO and play like chumps the rest of the way. Forget it ever happened.

Past couple of years, we've entered the season with fundamental questions about the OL and RB positions, and gotten all the wrong answers. The OL has been a festering sore. Past two years the faithful have said "Yeah, but this year it's different!". They were wrong. I have to believe this year's OL will be better than last year's, but they almost have to be... last year's version was just that bad. We've got a very good group of young kids, so this problem will go away next year... but not so sure about this year. Lot's of folks are very high on the freshman RB Pierce... and say he's special. He'll be as good as our OL makes him.

At QB we've got a kid who is better than Flacco was at the same point. Doesn't quite have Flacco's arm strength, but has better command of the offense. He's also got a deep group of above-average receivers. If we can run the ball... look out. If we can't, he could have a long day. He threw all over the FCS champion last year (400+ yards against Villanova) and that's a damn good defense. Walked away with 3 picks and 12 points... but he's a very good one.

Our secondary is the best you will see all year. That includes Nebraska. No, I'm not full of $hit. They will be even better if we can get some push against the QB from the DL. LB's are good enough. #11 is new there after moving from DE, and he could be the key to the game, actually. Excellent athlete, great motor, and if he can come up big against the run, that could be enough. That matchup of him against your center will be one to watch. Our DL could be a sore spot, largely because of depth. Have some injuries at DT, and that will hurt the rotation, which will be an issue if we are close late in the game. I kinda like that you are breaking in some new and young guys on OL... it mitigates against our DL depth problems.

Like the past two years, this UD team is going to depend on the answers we get at RB and on the OL. We finally get the right answers, we will be a force in the playoffs, and really could be there at the very end. Devlin is that good.

I'd like to say something about SDSU, but really don't know much beyond what I've read, and you know how that is. I expect a physical, hard-fought game. Best of luck, and here's hoping there are no significant injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by State Line Liquors View Post
          As much fun as it is to talk about us, I'm curious to learn about you guys.

At the risk of sounding ignorant, how come SDSU and NDSU don't play in the same conference as USD and UND? Outside of NDSU who's your least favorite MVFC opponent? Do you guys think the UNI fans and program seem like whining weenies too?

Tell me about the Beef Bowl the Cereal Bowl and Hobo Day(?)!

In addition, how come only five home games? Our fans would bubble like a bowl of Rice Crispies if that as our schedule.
          Uh-oh, now you gone and done it...

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
            Uh-oh, now you gone and done it...
            Good response.

Comment

So, I"m looking at my tv listings on yahoo and see that Fox KTTW is scheduled to air the SDSU @ Deleware game.

I haven't been able to confirm this on gojacks or anywhere else. Anyone know if this is accurate?
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

If Delaware's offensive line is a bit of a question mark I like our chances to succeed. I think our defense is every bit as loaded as last season and if there is any weakness on the line I think we can exploit it.

I'm guessing our philosophy like last season will be bend don't break. We'll give up some yardage but for the most part keep their passing game in front of the secondary and try to make the Hens score on long drives. Field position and special teams will be key.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                  So, I"m looking at my tv listings on yahoo and see that Fox KTTW is scheduled to air the SDSU @ Deleware game.

I haven't been able to confirm this on gojacks or anywhere else. Anyone know if this is accurate?
                  While I hope this is true, I cannot imagine that Fox's contract would allow KTTW to blow off the MLB games scheduled for Saturday

EDIT: Nevermind, the GOTW for MLB wouldn't start until 3pm. So there is a window
                  -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldhen View Post
                    Our secondary is the best you will see all year. That includes Nebraska. No, I'm not full of $hit.
                    Really enjoyed your analysis but I'll call BS on this statement since Nebraska has one of the best DB cores in the nation.

CB Prince Amukamara
                    (#1 DB rank in the nation, top 10 draft pick)
                    SS in Eric Hagg
                    (#14 SS in nation)
                    FS Ricky Thenarse
                    (#21 FS in nation)
                    CB Dejean Gomes
                    (#41 CB in nation)

Ratings from http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings

I did watch Delaware's first game and came away very impressed. SDSU will have to play a complete game to come away with a win. Delaware's DB's and QB were really impressive and the team was much bigger/physical than I was expecting. Typically SDSU expects to go into a game and out-physical a team. This can take teams who play them the first time by surprise but I think Delaware will be able to handle it very well.
                    The one negative about Delaware I came away with was the WR's seemed fairly average. They dropped a few easy passes and didn't look to have that "play-making" ability. Not sure it will matter though since Devlin can put the ball where ever he wants and with touch or with speed.

Looking forward to Saturday. May the team with the best uniform colors win...
                    http://www.twitter.com/minneapolisjack

Comment

• Re: SDSU at Delaware

Originally posted by MinneapolisJack View Post
                      Really enjoyed your analysis but I'll call BS on this statement since Nebraska has one of the best DB cores in the nation.

CB Prince Amukamara
                      (#1 DB rank in the nation, top 10 draft pick)
                      SS in Eric Hagg
                      (#14 SS in nation)
                      FS Ricky Thenarse
                      (#21 FS in nation)
                      CB Dejean Gomes
                      (#41 CB in nation)

Ratings from http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings
                      I was thinking the same thing. Hard for an entire unit in FCS to out shine an entire unit in FBS.
                      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Rowdy, don't you toy with my emotions!!!!!!!! Unknown, but I would have to think it's an error....but...only if....it would bring a tear to my eye.
                        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by MinneapolisJack View Post
                          Reserve judgement until you've played both. Ours lack the NFL-prospect-measurables, but are extremely effective.

I thought our WR's looked awful against WCU... very uncharacteristic lack of focus, leading to drops. I'm expecting them to be much more 'in the game' Saturday.

The only ones we have with game-changing ability are #31 and #5 (who comes in off the bench). The rest are mostly big, strong possession types, who will move the chains but aren't a risk to take it to the house.
                          Last edited by Oldhen; 09-09-2010, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                            Rowdy, don't you toy with my emotions!!!!!!!! Unknown, but I would have to think it's an error....but...only if....it would bring a tear to my eye.
                            I'll toy some more...photographic proof.

"Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I'll toy some more...photographic proof.

I hope you are correct, but I checked my listings (Direct TV) and I have paid programming listed from 12:00pm to 1:00pm and some show called The American Athlete from 1:00pm to 2:00pm. We are going to need to clear this up.

Did I say I hope that I am wrong and your photograph is correct already?

Comment

What is funny I was thinking State probably has one of the best Defensive Backfield that Devlin is going to see this year. Even with Kjerstad out and the General on limited time. That is if the Defensive front doesn't eat Devlin alive. That is a salty group, even without Batten.It's this group that is going to give Domino the ability to cause the kind of havoc he is prone to cause!

My call for biggest playmakers(outside of the Minnetaur) this game:
                                Domino
                                Brodie
                                Cochart
                                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Working...
                                X