Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU at Delaware

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
    Problem is, that game counts against the 11 game maximum but doesn't count as a win in playoff factoring.
    yeah youre right, lol maybe should've moved the UND game to today instead of november..
    GO BIG,GO BLUE, GO JACKS!

Comment

Originally posted by AirForceJack View Post
      yeah youre right, lol maybe should've moved the UND game to today instead of november..
      I think the nameless Grand-Forkers are playing elsewhere today. The staff's preference was for a Sept. 4th game.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        Lets hope the Hens keep screwing up this coming Saturday.
        hens are good and will take a great effort for the jacks to win this one. I attended the scrimmage in Brookings on Saturday. Conrad Kierstad probably won't play and General Parnell looks slow. Antonio Thompson didn't even suit up and our Defense was average at best. Our Scout team O threw the ball .all over the field against our #1 defense. Minnett will need to have a big game for us and we will need to control the ball on offense and keep Devlin off the field.
        If that happens imo we can win this one on the road. Otherwise could be tough.. Go Jacks

Comment

Is the game going to be on tv or available on the internet anywhere come saturday?

Comment

Originally posted by master_rabbit View Post
            Is the game going to be on tv or available on the internet anywhere come saturday?
            I believe the game can be picked up thru the university of delawares athletic site. I believe that was posted awhile back somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by master_rabbit View Post
              ...I was wondering if Cubby's would have it on?
              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Looking forward to the game this Saturday.

Any idea how many of the Jackrabbit faithful will be making the trip east?

Obviously its the first official test of the year for both teams. I'm taking a bit of relief knowing that we've already got a game under our belts, regardless of how meaningless the final tally was. From the sound of things, you folks have a program that runs very efficiently and should be prepared to play game speed.

Our injury report from after the West Chester game included a senior LB (that appears to be the odd man out from the starting 3) and a Sophomore WR. Don't know if both are expected to play at this point, but apparently neither injury was serious. We held a few of our banged up d-linemen out of the first game with an eye towards allowing them another week to strengthen up for what's been billed to UD fans as a smash mouth running game.

Any news you folks can pass along about the SDSU injury report? I had heard some rumors a few weeks back, but knowing the quality of the training staffs these days and the ability of young men to heal I'm sure it's changed some.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                  ...I was wondering if Cubby's would have it on?
                  I checked with Cubby's and they said at this time they don't think they'll be able to get it.
                  "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Jacks had better be ready for the same conditions that plagued some of the players in last night's Boise State/Virginia Tech game... It's supposed to be near 80 with the normal higher-than-South Dakota humidity Saturday afternoon... Not oppressive, but probably a little hotter and stickier than our guys have been practicing in.

Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                      Jacks had better be ready for the same conditions that plagued some of the players in last night's Boise State/Virginia Tech game... It's supposed to be near 80 with the normal higher-than-South Dakota humidity Saturday afternoon... Not oppressive, but probably a little hotter and stickier than our guys have been practicing in.

There is no reason why anyone should come down with cramping issues; if they are deliberate with their hydration and proper nutrition. They can get a hold of me if they want some pointers.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                        Article on Devlin

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/t...aley/index.htm

Thanks Hen fans!
                        This is all so cordial! Could U of D be our long lost brother-University? It's all so amicable. Even on gohens.net there isn't a lot of smack talk or over the top(read as:lakesbison, Alphagrizz) type arguments. It's like the Penssylvania Dutch getting in touch with the Hutterites/Mennonites(not by phone of course).
                        Thanks for the kudos TC. For those of you making the trip to the East you will find that UD is one of the better tailgating venues for visitors. Henfans want to hear your opinon on your team and theirs. Do not be surprised at some good natured ribbing but it is all in fun.

Of course this tends to end once the game starts. Newark sits almost exactly halfway between Baltimore and Philadelphia. The East Coast passion about THEIR team exists for real.

I am glad to say that their are no lakebison types that I have seen posting for SDSU. I know that it is not fair to judge a fan base by the idiocy of certain individuals however we hen fans will shut down, criticize, demean, and in general let everyone know that we think one of our own is an idiot. This tends to keep an overall more intelligent level of discourse.

I freely admit that UD posters can be provacative, prickly , and contentious. Don't feel bad because we treat each other much worse than that.

That being said on nationwide forums, such as AGS, Delaware posters are consistently ranked as the most knowledgeable.

With this being said We do know about SDSU. We are expecting a tough quality opponent on Saturday. Best of luck to the Bugs Bunny crew after this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post

Nova Jack, I hope I can make it to the game on Saturday. I would love to meet the SDSU fans. That being said while I understand that NoVa relates to where you currently live, It would not be a good idea to introduce yourself as NOVA anything at Delaware Stadium.

Comment

Good luck Jacks. Show those easterners what MVFC football is all about!

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
                              While we treat every team with respect, most easterners have a specific opinion about the MVFC...it comes from the CAA's success against UNI and S. Illinois on the road in the playoffs.

Every year is different and I expect the SDSU game to be the toughest one on the Hens schedule until Villanova in November...yes that is a compliment to you all considering we play @ Richmond, @ William & Mary, @ James Madison, and @ UMass.

Good luck...make sure you all go on bluehens.com for the live feed on Saturday. Oh, sorry about our PA announcer...just mute him.

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
                                UD is 12-1 all-time vs the MVFC..

Comment

Working...
                                X