Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU at Delaware

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever
    Some UD posters over at gohens seem to think that Devlin is going to just OWN our defense, now I know Devlin is a very good QB, but come on this is an AWESOME SDSU defense. I also know that Conrad and General may not be 100% but we have excellent depth at DB and across the board on defense. Some of their posters are starting to remind me of some Georgia Southern posters last year. Saying that we are a good football team, but that they are going to win by 2 scores. What do we have to do to earn some respect? Aren't we ranked #9 in the country for a reason? I hope we lay a Georgia Southern like score on them. Go Jacks!
    This is just what I hoped to avoid seeing/hearing...I'll try and answer some of your questions: Devlin is extremely good...like 2nd round NFL draft good from the "experts" for what it's worth. There is little difference between homers on gohens saying they will win by 2 scores and you thinking that with 2 banged up DBs you'll be fine against our passing game. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

The battle will be up front, if you get pressure without blitzing it won't matter if Conrad or General are back there...you'll control our passing game.

As for the whole respect card...you guys have done nothing to earn the #9 ranking...you are 0-0 with playoff loss at Montana. Delaware has done nothing to earn its #17 ranking either. They had a bad year last year and haven't proved anything in 2010. Their ranking is because of the tradition.

Who cares about respect anyway...if your players believe in what they can do what does it matter. As for the national perception of the Jacks, winning Saturday on the road vs a quality opponent will go a long way. Make a serious run in the playoffs will go even further.

Georgia Southern was 5-6 with one road win last year

Every board has its homers, UD is no exception. But don't play the we don't get any respect card...You are a very good team...with a tough challenge of flying cross country vs a first time opponent who has already played a game this year. As I previously said, most UD fans think this their toughest test until Nova in November.

Should be fun, I can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      There is no reason why anyone should come down with cramping issues; if they are deliberate with their hydration and proper nutrition. They can get a hold of me if they want some pointers.
      Don't think hydration will be an issue. The Jacks have played in some difficult conditions over the past 4 or 5 years - such as Georgia Southern, McNeese State, Nichols State, Texas State, SFA ect. They have faired well at most locations. I suspect we will be just fine at Delaware as well.

Take care of the ball and run Kyle run!

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
        Don't think hydration will be an issue. The Jacks have played in some difficult conditions over the past 4 or 5 years - such as Georgia Southern, McNeese State, Nichols State, Texas State, SFA ect. They have faired well at most locations. I suspect we will be just fine at Delaware as well.

Take care of the ball and run Kyle run!

GBGBGJ
        I agree. Hydration (cramping issues) should not be an issue with any team.

Comment

You guys probably have practiced in hot temps throughout preseason. You should be good with the 80 degree (59% humidity).

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
            I agree. Hydration (cramping issues) should not be an issue with any team.
            Did you watch the Navy-Maryland or VaTech-Boise State games? At one point in one of the games, not sure which one, five DBs were being treated for leg cramps at the same time. Should Not is one thing; may or may not another.

Comment

According to the TV Guide website the game is supposed to be on Fox KTTW live on Saturday. Also checked my midcontinent guide on the TV and it has it listed from 12-3 live. Anyone know if that is correct?
              Last edited by 76Rabbit; 09-07-2010, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UD1Hens View Post
                You guys probably have practiced in hot temps throughout preseason. You should be good with the 80 degree (59% humidity).
                piece of cake nothing is worse than south dakota humidity

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
                  piece of cake nothing is worse than south dakota humidity

Except for any random August day on the banks of the Potomac, on what are affectionately known as 90-90 days (90 heat, 90 percent humidity) .. or in the Mississipi Delta, or pretty much any point south of Philly and east of Nashville? It can get pretty sticky in ol' Delaware, too...

Comment

2 Deep Depth Chart for Delaware

QB So O'Brien / Jr Thomas
                    RB Sr Minett / Jr Duffy
                    WR-W Sr Hylland / Sr Hubert or JR Gant
                    WR-X So Kool / Sr Mitchell or RFr Tiefenthaler
                    WR-Z So Rollin / Jr Iverson
                    TE Sr Cochart / So Daughters
                    TE Sr Beyer / Sr Sheehan
                    LT RFr Witzmann / So Luethje or Jr Dominquez
                    LG Sr Ludemann / So Olinger
                    C Sr McKnight / So Castle
                    RG Jr Buchner / RFr Parker
                    RT So Fick / So Luethje or Fr Kage

DE Sr Thompson / Jr Wood
                    DT Sr Fischer / RFr Douglas or Fr Starr
                    DT Sr Basham / So Mink
                    DE Jr Steffen / Jr Bowers
                    LB Jr Kool / RFr Peete
                    MLB Jr Lien / So Tracy
                    LB Sr Domino / Jr Feller
                    CB Jr Matthews / So Helm
                    SS So Luxa / Sr Jeske
                    FS Jr Wise / So Helm
                    CB Sr Brodie / Jr Jackson or Sr Parnell

K Jr Harris
                    P Sr Priddy
                    LS Jr Dirk Kool / So Daughters

KR So WR Kool / So WR Rollin
                    PR Sr CB Brodie / So WR Kool
                    http://www.twitter.com/minneapolisjack

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                      Except for any random August day on the banks of the Potomac, on what are affectionately known as 90-90 days (90 heat, 90 percent humidity) .. or in the Mississipi Delta, or pretty much any point south of Philly and east of Nashville? It can get pretty sticky in ol' Delaware, too...
                      Worst summer I can remember here in the mid-atlantic...it was a "relief" when the heat index was only in the upper 90s.

Hey, Minneapolis Jack: does that mean two of your preseason starting DBs are out for the game?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                        Did you watch the Navy-Maryland or VaTech-Boise State games? At one point in one of the games, not sure which one, five DBs were being treated for leg cramps at the same time. Should Not is one thing; may or may not another.
                        Yes, I did and I just shake my head everytime. I will say it again, if a team is deliberate about their nutrition and hydration 2-3 days before a game, they should not ever have cramping issues. And yes I said should not. I am not trying to argue with you NoVaJack, but I have a little knowledge about this area so I feel pretty confident in saying that. End of thread drift.

Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever
                          Some UD posters over at gohens seem to think that Devlin is going to just OWN our defense, now I know Devlin is a very good QB, but come on this is an AWESOME SDSU defense. I also know that Conrad and General may not be 100% but we have excellent depth at DB and across the board on defense. Some of their posters are starting to remind me of some Georgia Southern posters last year. Saying that we are a good football team, but that they are going to win by 2 scores. What do we have to do to earn some respect? Aren't we ranked #9 in the country for a reason? I hope we lay a Georgia Southern like score on them. Go Jacks!

People can and jaw and jaw. But nothing matters except Saturday. Respect is still earned the old fashioned way. One hit at a time. Our Jacks will prove their mettle on the field. So sit back relax and remember: 1-0 every week. Last year means nothing. Preseason rankings mean nothing. Win the games and all of the rest takes care of itself. Now I'm pumped! LET'S GO RABBITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by UD1Hens View Post
                            Worst summer I can remember here in the mid-atlantic...it was a "relief" when the heat index was only in the upper 90s.

Hey, Minneapolis Jack: does that mean two of your preseason starting DBs are out for the game?
                            Yeah 2 of last year DB's are injured. Replacing starting CB Parnell with CB Matthews isn't too much of a big deal because Matthews filled in for him last year and has good experience. Being without SS Kjerstad though could be a blow. A team doesn't just replace a player who has the accolades/experience that Conrad has. It will be a tough first game to start for Luxa against the best QB in the FCS but I would be willing to bet he's up for the challenge.
                            http://www.twitter.com/minneapolisjack

Comment

I hope that the SDSU/UD game is as thrilling as the Navy/U MD game.

Enjoyed tailgating with my Terp grad son for the U MD/Navy game, and am looking forward to tailgating with UD fans and the RABBIT fans in Newark!

Comment

Just tell your boys to watch out for the lizards and parrots in the corner of the stadium with the banyan trees and spanish moss. They can get pretty testy if we haven't fed them any koala bears in a few days.

Oh yeah, and make sure to hydrate for a few days and bring the bug spray. It's going to be hotter than the Amazon on Saturday afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                                X