Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit tourney, 2015

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
    I took the plunge despite the $76.80 (service + facility charge). Wow - no wonder Pearl Jam took Ticketmaster to court in the early 90s for "service fees".

Seats are good though - center court, on the aisle, 8 rows up from the floor. Worth the $200 for me.
    When I did my trial, I got section 116 (middle) but Row K, that's 11 rows from the floor. I'm still passing for now.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      So when do they starting selling passes at the arena box office ? Or are they going to stick with the rip-off artist known as Ticketmaster ?
      How do they give Ticketmaster $70 per ticket?
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

So when do they starting selling passes at the arena box office ? Or are they going to stick with the rip-off artist known as Ticketmaster ?
        I plan to stop in on Friday. Going to be in SF for a meeting anyways. If someone has time to call and check it out the info is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Forgot how much I hate ticketmaster.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

I talked to the SF Arena person and they do not have the surcharge on tickets purchased in person at box office. she also has tickets that are priced in tiers.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
              I talked to the SF Arena person and they do not have the surcharge on tickets purchased in person at box office.
              That's what I'm doing then. Guessing there will be a nice long line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                Forgot how much I hate ticketmaster.
                I was prepared for this to be a ****ty deal, and it was. I bought three all session passes. The service charge is $70 per ticket, so total cost was over $600 for three tickets. I am thinking you will pay the service charge to Ticketmaster no matter where or how you purchase the tickets.

My seats are in SEC102 Row B Seat 15-17.

I have no idea where row B is or where seats 15-17 in that layout.
                LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I am really ticked off. I bought two tickets so I'll report on that. The report will be followed by a rant.

My report:
                  I got in right away at 10:00 a.m. The customer is given no opportunity to look ... the system just asked for the number of tickets and the password for the early signup. I was given no choice on price-level. The system was very fast and not glitch. It first offe

First I was offered Section 102, Row A, seats 11 & 12 (might have been 12 & 13). Section 102 is on the south side, lower section and covers from theend of the court to about the free throw line. Presumably Row A isthe first row. I had no idea where seats 11 & 12 are located in therow. Could be close to the free-throw line or could be on the endzone. I decided to take a chance and rolled the dice again to see whatwould come up for ticket selection. Second time was Section 102, Row F,seats 3 & 4. My thinking, probably flawed, was the Row F seats may be a little better than the Row A seats IF THE FOLLOWING IS TRUE: If seats11 & 12 are on the end of the row near the out of bounds line, then seats 3&4 in row F are close to the free-throw line. Being higher up, maybe abetter view of the opposite end of the court. Now, if seats 11 &12 werecloser to the free-throw line, then that means 3 & 4 are closer to the outof bounds. But, since Row F is a little higher, the sight line shouldstill be okay. Another consideration, since I was first offered Row A and mere seconds later was offered Row F, I didn't want to roll the Ticketmaster Wheel of Fortune again and end up in the parking lot. So, yielding to the mind-game choreographed by Ticketmaster, I hit the panic button and locked in Row F, Section 102.

Here's the breakdown on the price:

Tickets were $124.00 x 2
                  Facility Charge is $6.00 x 2
                  Service Fee is $70.00 x 2
                  Additional taxes are $6.08 x 2.
                  TOTAL PAID: $413.76.

After concluding my awful experience, I signed on to this message board to see what others were saying. Looks like everyone else was offered better seats...at least mid-court. S

So that's my report. Next, I will post my rant separately (want to go off the message board and compose the rant on Word and then cut and paste).

I'm not a happy camper.

Comment

I talked to the SF Arena person and they do not have the surcharge on tickets purchased in person at box office. she also has tickets that are priced in tiers.
                    Well **** It! $210 down the drain in service charges.
                    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Ticketmaster:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...tlement-709148
                      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

What time on Friday do passes go on sale at the Arena ?

Comment

What time on Friday do passes go on sale at the Arena ?
                          10am. she also said that when the first rush is on, you will get best available. when things slow down, choice is available.

Comment

Part two of my report and rant on the Ticketmaster experience.

It痴 my recollection that I ordered tickets through Ticketmaster on one occasion several years ago. I thought the service fee and B.S. in the ordering process was outrageous and I decided that if Ticketmaster is the only game in town, I won稚 be there.

This morning, when going through the ordering process, the full price breakdown was available and I checked it before locking in my order. I wished I had walked away. I知 going to be in Sioux Falls Friday and could have purchased tickets at the ticket window without giving $140.00 to Ticketmaster.

I would be happy to pay an Augustana student (a nod to their support being purchased for Western Illinois a couple years ago) $140 to but me a ticket at the window.

I hope those who read this message are smarter than me and resist the urge to put up with the screwing you値l get from Ticketmaster. I will never purchase anything through Ticketmaster in the future. I知 mostly Irish. The Irish are well-known for holding grudges. I have a big grudge against Ticketmaster and I encourage everyone else, Irish or not, to join in my grudge.

When I知 disappointed about something, I usually chalk it up to a learning experience and move on. I try not to allow those who bug me to take up room in my head. I知 the kind of consumer, like many people, who usually just walks away. Businesses never know when they lose such customers (I recognize may businesses don't care because they have plenty of other customers who are do not share my view). In some cases, however, we may be able to affect some change and I think this may be one of those cases. I am therefore going to send a reasoned letter to my friend, Tom Douple, at the Summit League.

I wouldn't bat an eye if the Summit League increased its price for the two tickets I purchased by $140.00 so long as Ticketmaster was cut out of the process.

Jerks.

Comment

...and another thing.

SDSU does a good job of handling its own ticket sales. The Sioux Falls Sports Authority and the Premier Center should investigate handling their own ticketing...at $70.00 per ticket service charge, it wouldn't take long to purchase a very powerful computing system and hire the technical people to run it,...it's just a bigger, better version of what SDSU's ticket office does every day.

Comment

Will the tourney be on TV? I have read enough posts to not want to buy any tickets.

Comment

Working...
                                X