Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit tourney, 2015

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    Was there a big line at the box office??
    NO ONE at 10:30. Literally walked in (they had to "reopen" the single ticket window in the entry, I mentioned I was surprised to be able to walk right in and she said there had been a line early. I didn't ask how long. I was thinking the ticket windows opened at 10, but I think it might've been 8, not 10.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Over 4,000 all-session passes have been sold so far according to TV.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
        Over 4,000 all-session passes have been sold so far according to TV.
        Any idea the total with corp sponsor seats and team seat and all session passes? I don't know if many people I know bought their all session passes yet. Wouldn't be surprised if they have to start opening up sales for upper level.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I think I read that they'd sold more than 4,500 passes and that the lower bowl of the center holds 7,500 people. They planned to fill the lower level before selling the second level. I don't know how many tickets they set aside for sponsors and universities. I bought pretty early and got seats in the 11th row. I'm not aware of anyone who landed seats in the first few rows.
          This space for lease.

Comment

Did anyone go to the Premier Center open house? I spent about 2 hours walking around last night checking it out. Found my seats for the tourney are just off midcourt which is great, bad thing is I'm row G which is right behind the railing and has ZERO leg room. If you're under 6ft tall you might have room but for a taller person you will be cramped for space. Consolation is that one of the bars is only a few rows behind me. If sitting in upper level the seats aren't padded but not as cramped as the seats I have for the tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFallsJack View Post
              Did anyone go to the Premier Center open house? I spent about 2 hours walking around last night checking it out. Found my seats for the tourney are just off midcourt which is great, bad thing is I'm row G which is right behind the railing and has ZERO leg room. If you're under 6ft tall you might have room but for a taller person you will be cramped for space. Consolation is that one of the bars is only a few rows behind me. If sitting in upper level the seats aren't padded but not as cramped as the seats I have for the tourney.
              I went and was extremely impressed. As a taller individual, I'm used to zero leg room so maybe that's why I didn't notice a lack of leg room. After walking to the top corner, it feels like you are on top of the court looking down. It is not a bad view at all, and I might even prefer upper level over sitting closer to the court.

IMO, it is going to be a game changer for Sioux Falls and the whole state (only a matter of time before all state tournaments are held there every year). The Summit Tourney isn't going anywhere for the foreseeable future, and there will be men's and women's NCAA tournament games there eventually. With 12,000 seats for basketball, paying a regional big 6 to come to South Dakota to play SDSU/USD will also be a reality (I think we can play 1 or 2 regular season games there without causing problems with SLT?). The leadership is too aggressive, the facility is too nice, and support in Sioux Falls too great for any other expectations.
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

One other thing, having been to the Tyson Events Center in Sioux City, there is no comparison between the two facilities. The Premier Center is way nicer.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Looking forward to checking it out for the first time tonight at Joan Jett and Starship. Don't laugh...
                  "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                    Looking forward to checking it out for the first time tonight at Joan Jett and Starship. Don't laugh...
                    What did you think of the Premier Center? Is Joan still rockin the shag cut?

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                      There's pictures on the Premier Center Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/DennySanfordPremierCenter

Looks like they had the curtains down on the upper level for this show. Could give a decent idea of what the setup will look like for the SLT.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post

Yes she is! The place is very nice...lots of food and beverage options. I had a big Angus dog with chips for $6.50. My wife had a deluxe burger and fries for $10. Tall domestic beers are $6. Specialty beers are around $8. Not sure how much mixed drinks are. Seats in lower level are cushioned, not sure about upper level. Should make for a good atmosphere for hockey games and Summit Tourney.
                        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                          There's pictures on the Premier Center Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/DennySanfordPremierCenter

Looks like they had the curtains down on the upper level for this show. Could give a decent idea of what the setup will look like for the SLT.
                          Appreciate the link.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                            Yes she is! The place is very nice...lots of food and beverage options. I had a big Angus dog with chips for $6.50. My wife had a deluxe burger and fries for $10. Tall domestic beers are $6. Specialty beers are around $8. Not sure how much mixed drinks are. Seats in lower level are cushioned, not sure about upper level. Should make for a good atmosphere for hockey games and Summit Tourney.
                            Thanks for the info! Looked at the pictures in the facebook link that SF_Rabbit_Fan provided ,she looks pretty damn good for 56.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/sfstampede?...hoto&sk=photos

here are so photo's from the stampede's first game. it was a sell-out 10678.

Comment

fargo station (740thefan) discussing advantage for south dakota schools with sioux falls hosting the summit tourney. host trying to come up with new plan. gonna have call-in show in the near future with poll on whether should be held in same place year after year.

i am not all that familiar with the fargo facilities. just say fargo was given the tournament for a year---wouldn't they have to play on a "home" floor in fargo? now that would be an obvious advantage.

Comment

Working...
                                X