Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit tourney, 2015

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
    fargo station (740thefan) discussing advantage of south dakota schools with sioux falls hosting the summit tourney. host trying to come up with new plan. gonna have call-in show in the near future with poll on whether should be held in same place year after year.
    I wonder how that call-in show in Fargo is going to go...

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
      fargo station (740thefan) discussing advantage of south dakota schools with sioux falls hosting the summit tourney. host trying to come up with new plan. gonna have call-in show in the near future with poll on whether should be held in same place year after year.
      To bad for him, Sioux Falls will more than likely be the permanent home of the Summit League Tournament.

I wish people would stop complaining especially folks in Fargo. They have the 2nd largest crowd in Sioux Falls during the tournament. Since the tournament has been moved to Sioux Falls their has been record crowds every year, national articles regarding the tournament success, and a brand new arena was built mainly for the SLT. If people want to take away the "SDSU advantage" buy tickets.

Comment

Jackrabbit women may very well have to win on back-to-back-to-back days in March. USD did it last year, it can be done. In fact, seemed like USD was sharper at and SDSU a little flat last year in the semis. Can still get the 2 seed but need a little help. 1 seed is not out of reach.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
          To bad for him, Sioux Falls will more than likely be the permanent home of the Summit League Tournament.

I wish people would stop complaining especially folks in Fargo. They have the 2nd largest crowd in Sioux Falls during the tournament. Since the tournament has been moved to Sioux Falls their has been record crowds every year, national articles regarding the tournament success, and a brand new arena was built mainly for the SLT. If people want to take away the "SDSU advantage" buy tickets.
          For the future in our lifetimes, SL tourney will not be in Fargo,, just like SDSU will not outbid NDSU for FCS playoff football games. Each school has those advantages, they might as well use to the fullest.

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
            For the future in our lifetimes, SL tourney will not be in Fargo,, just like SDSU will not outbid NDSU for FCS playoff football games. Each school has those advantages, they might as well use to the fullest.
            Sioux Falls bidding for the SLT has nothing to do with SDSU. The FCS playoffs bids are school affiliated.

If both SDSU basketball teams have not been as successful as they are, would other schools even care if it was in Sioux Falls? Every year SDSU has made the NCAA tournament they have been the best team in the league.

Question, do Bison fans have to bring up football in everything they post?

Comment

Sioux Falls bidding for the SLT has nothing to do with SDSU. The FCS playoffs bids are school affiliated.

If both SDSU basketball teams have not been as successful as they are, would other schools even care if it was in Sioux Falls? Every year SDSU has made the NCAA tournament they have been the best team in the league.

Bison this and bison that you bet they do. I think people up North do not realize that between Brookings and Sioux Fall there is a distance of 55 miles or so, and that SDSU and the SF Sports Authority are two very different entities. Fargo and NDSU are jointed at the hip and you have a great town and gown relationship and that's why they are confused about Summit tourney. Some how it should relocate to Fargo. Well Bison this and Bison that start bidding and hopefully you can out bid SF.

Comment

If SDSU wasn't in the SL, Sioux Falls would not have the SL tourney. I would say SDSU is a giant reason SF has the tourney and a giant reason the tourney is successful.

If this tourney was in Fargo, the Jack fans would hate it. Kudos to SF for putting on a great show, Fargo missed a big opportunity, but were probably too far north anyway

Football is fun to watch, the Bison are good at Football, so Yes

Comment

If SDSU wasn't in the SL, Sioux Falls would not have the SL tourney. I would say SDSU is a giant reason SF has the tourney and a giant reason the tourney is successful.

If this tourney was in Fargo, the Jack fans would hate it. Kudos to SF for putting on a great show, Fargo missed a big opportunity, but were probably too far north anyway

Football is fun to watch, the Bison are good at Football, so Yes
                  Its sort of an apples to organges comparison. But yeah SF or the sports athourity arent going to bid like that for MVC basketball tourny, its obviously because of SDSU and now USD that it can put as much effort into it as it wants. Frankly its probably a pretty good location for a tourny. Omaha wouldnt be bad since its rather central for all the teams, but I dont know if Omaha would put as much support into it as it would need as SF has.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

There is truth to that statement, no doubt.

I really don't understand the complaining coming from Fargo about the advantage. Is there a home court advantage for SDSU? Generally, yes. However, the men's team from NDSU has done just fine in Sioux Falls. Of the 6 years it has been there, they've won it 2 times (33% success), which is the same as both SDSU and Oakland.

On the other hand, as a fan, I would like to think that we helped put SDSU over the top in 2012 and 2013, with one of those wins coming against the Bison.

It really is all "what if's".

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                      There is truth to that statement, no doubt.

I really don't understand the complaining coming from Fargo about the advantage. Is there a home court advantage for SDSU? Generally, yes. However, the men's team from NDSU has done just fine in Sioux Falls. Of the 6 years it has been there, they've won it 2 times (33% success), which is the same as both SDSU and Oakland.

On the other hand, as a fan, I would like to think that we helped put SDSU over the top in 2012 and 2013, with one of those wins coming against the Bison.

It really is all "what if's".
                      If they were getting beat out early like some other teams have, I could see an issue, but basically the mens side the best team won every year. same for the womens, last year was debateable, but I can only think of one game that might cause other fans was when we were a 7 seed and beat ORU a 2 seed i think on the mends side early on when it was in SF. Other then that. Plus NDSU fans brag about how great they are at traveling to support their team so its not like coming to SF for a few days is to much to ask. Frankly they could do a better job showing up for their womens games though.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        If they were getting beat out early like some other teams have, I could see an issue, but basically the mens side the best team won every year. same for the womens, last year was debateable, but I can only think of one game that might cause other fans was when we were a 7 seed and beat ORU a 2 seed i think on the mends side early on when it was in SF. Other then that. Plus NDSU fans brag about how great they are at traveling to support their team so its not like coming to SF for a few days is to much to ask. Frankly they could do a better job showing up for their womens games though.
                        They spend on their money and vacation time traveling for football. By the time the Summit Tourney comes, theyre drained of money and vacation time. So they arent able to support the Bison in SF

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                          They spend on their money and vacation time traveling for football. By the time the Summit Tourney comes, theyre drained of money and vacation time. So they arent able to support the Bison in SF
                          Well thats ok by me then. So they can travel, yet then will probably find the money to go if they bychance make the NCAA tourny again.

Comment

You can now see which seats are available for all-session passes.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/summit-l...004CF7A3EB4A49

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                              You can now see which seats are available for all-session passes.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/summit-l...004CF7A3EB4A49
                              Is that all the tickets that will be left for single session tickets then too? If so, that seems very limited. I am planning to simply buy men's session passes for Saturday and Monday (pending a win by us on Saturday) when they go on sale Monday.
                              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                                Is that all the tickets that will be left for single session tickets then too? If so, that seems very limited. I am planning to simply buy men's session passes for Saturday and Monday (pending a win by us on Saturday) when they go on sale Monday.
                                I would assume that there are more available then what they are showing (or releasing). This is a trick, ticket companies make so it looks like there are less tickets available then there are. It makes buyers get jumpy (and start to worry) that there are not many tickets left and thus they buy sooner then if they knew there were more tickets available. Seems like it may be working by your comment?

Comment

Working...
                                X