Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit tourney, 2015

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Lower concourse of Premier Center (in between SE entrance and East entrance). If you downloaded Summit Hoops mobile App, it is now located on the "event level map".

Convention Center, at least on Saturday has home show.
    Can i download that on a blackberry?
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

sorry for the thread drift.... I was scrolling through some pictures and saw one of Katie Lingle with the midco sports minute. I remember seeing her on the commercials for a while but havent lately. What is she doing now? I thought she went for broadcast journalism or something.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        Lower concourse of Premier Center (in between SE entrance and East entrance). If you downloaded Summit Hoops mobile App, it is now located on the "event level map".

Convention Center, at least on Saturday has home show.
        Dont get me started on the home show. Thats a perfect reason why I hate having an event center connected to a convention center next to an arena.......

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          Dont get me started on the home show. Thats a perfect reason why I hate having an event center connected to a convention center next to an arena.......
          If you thought the parking was a chore other years, this year may be more exciting yet. The largest opening day for the Summit has been in the 12K-13K attendance. If there is expectations of 8,000 for either session on Saturday this year, it should easily exceed earlier years. Although the home show was a nice place to wander in between games. The Summit Lounge might be a good replacement.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Ticketmaster still shows what looks like a couple hundred lower level seats available for the Sunday night session. Come on USD fans!

Today I finally printed the tickets I bought way back in the summer and downloaded that Summit Tournament app too. I'm not sure what I will use if for but figured it was worth a look. I see KELO is promoting a feature on the tournament for tonight and I'm sure the other stations/Argus are going all-in tomorrow also.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
              If you thought the parking was a chore other years, this year may be more exciting yet. The largest opening day for the Summit has been in the 12K-13K attendance. If there is expectations of 8,000 for either session on Saturday this year, it should easily exceed earlier years. Although the home show was a nice place to wander in between games. The Summit Lounge might be a good replacement.
              But dont tell people from the event center since they claim there is always plently of good parking. For a stampede game we went through several lots before we finally gave up and went to find street parking which i hate to doo since its probably an annoyance with the people living there but we missed half the first period. im not a huge hockey fan, but wanted to take the kids out for something fun. but that was like 4K people at a hockey game, I can only imagine how horrible this is going to be.

Comment

Regarding parking....my company work party took place at the convention center about a month ago at the same time as an Augie doubleheader at the Arena and a Stampede game. We had 600 people, Augie had 4,000+, and the Stampede had 7,000+. I got there at 6:45 and found plenty of spots for parking on the first side base of the Birdcage (farther out of course). I have heard from other people that parking is hard to find on some nights and then other nights I've heard people say its impossible for parking. So I'm confused what is the norm for parking out there. I haven't been out there enough to experience not getting a spot. (been to 2 stampede games and one concert). Maybe that will be the cast this weekend, I have no clue how many people show up to the home show every year.

Comment

http://johnsonsportsjournal.blogspot....html?spref=tw
                  Another voice heard from on the awards for the Summit season. He includes Korey Billbury for the ballot. Thursday is the day for announcing the results.
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Just judging from the satellite photography, parking for 8,000+ will be an issue if you have to contend with another event going on in the convention center.

There are the lots on either side of Howard Wood, the lots north and west of baseball stadium, and the lot(s) wrapping around the east and south side of the baseball stadium. Beyond that, you're looking at street parking.

Haven't they had shuttles from some off-site parking location in the past?
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUSmitty View Post
                      Regarding parking....my company work party took place at the convention center about a month ago at the same time as an Augie doubleheader at the Arena and a Stampede game. We had 600 people, Augie had 4,000+, and the Stampede had 7,000+. I got there at 6:45 and found plenty of spots for parking on the first side base of the Birdcage (farther out of course). I have heard from other people that parking is hard to find on some nights and then other nights I've heard people say its impossible for parking. So I'm confused what is the norm for parking out there. I haven't been out there enough to experience not getting a spot. (been to 2 stampede games and one concert). Maybe that will be the cast this weekend, I have no clue how many people show up to the home show every year.
                      Eh, so you might have to walk 2-3 blocks into the neighborhood. You can still drive up and drop off your passengers right near the front door. I don't get all the fuss over this parking deal. In past years I have typically just parked on the streets to the west because the get-away is much quicker than fighting to get out of the big parking lots after a sold-out game. The walk to the streets from the Arena was 10 minutes but if you watched the "parking controversy" coverage on the local news you would swear it was like walking to Mitchell!. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                        Just judging from the satellite photography, parking for 8,000+ will be an issue if you have to contend with another event going on in the convention center.

There are the lots on either side of Howard Wood, the lots north and west of baseball stadium, and the lot(s) wrapping around the east and south side of the baseball stadium. Beyond that, you're looking at street parking.

Haven't they had shuttles from some off-site parking location in the past?
                        I think they had a shuttle going to the golf course northwest of the center. And there were some other lots south that had shuttles too. Im thinking once we get there Saturday, there wont be a lot of time inbetween sessions so may as well stay put or try to get into bww with the other 1000's. We usually dont eat at the games but might have to Saturday.

Comment

The weather will be really nice during the games so walking will be much easier. There have been some very cold and wet nights in the past. If anyone remembers the home shows, there is a strong attendance for that event Saturday and Sunday. I am normally there early enough that I have a short walk from the southwest parking lot or sometimes park right off Russell in the parking lot south of Howard Wood. The home show will create more problems for the early game for the men and the afternoon games for the women. If parking is not a problem, why would street parking be used?

Comment

http://www.dennysanfordpremiercenter...tions-parking/

"SUMMIT LEAGUE BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT & SIOUX EMPIRE HOME SHOW SHUTTLES
                            Free park-and-ride shuttle service will begin at 9 am on Saturday, March 7, and at 10 am on Sunday, March 8. Shuttles will be located at Elmwood Golf Course at Russell and Kiwanis, and at Burnside Park at Burnside and West Ave.
                            Shuttles will also be available from the Downtown Trolley. Pick up locations are set for the Country Inn & Suites and Hilton Garden Inn downtown. The Trolley costs $5 per rider, each way, and will run March 7-9 from 11 am - 10 pm, and March 10 from 12 pm - 4 pm and again from 7 pm - 10 pm. Read more information on the Downtown Trolley here."

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                              Eh, so you might have to walk 2-3 blocks into the neighborhood. You can still drive up and drop off your passengers right near the front door. I don't get all the fuss over this parking deal. In past years I have typically just parked on the streets to the west because the get-away is much quicker than fighting to get out of the big parking lots after a sold-out game. The walk to the streets from the Arena was 10 minutes but if you watched the "parking controversy" coverage on the local news you would swear it was like walking to Mitchell!. Wow.
                              Yeah I do the same thing too sometimes. I just take Madison st (?) to the interstate

Comment

I just have a problem with people complaining about having to walk a little extra. Suck it up, boo hoo it's cold out. It's South Dakota. I walk several blocks when I go to Twins games. Good exercise.

Comment

Working...
                                X