• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit League Regular Season Conference

Final

WIU 50 - NDSU 42

Comment

bad week for the undefeated in league games WIU, NDSU, Jacks women.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
        bad week for the undefeated in league games WIU, NDSU, Jacks women.
        18-game conference seasons are a long, long, long grind. Damn near impossible to get through undefeated.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
          18-game conference seasons are a long, long, long grind. Damn near impossible to get through undefeated.
          And thats why we play the games. USD big win has me concerned about them coming to Frost on Jan 31. It will be interesting to see the game stories on that game. Was Oakland off or was USD on?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            And thats why we play the games. USD big win has me concerned about them coming to Frost on Jan 31. It will be interesting to see the game stories on that game. Was Oakland off or was USD on?
            USD shot 58 percent, OU 46 percent; USD shot 19 of 20 free throws, OU 7 of 12. Looks like Bader didn't show up in the game. If Bader isn't shooting well, OU doesn't win, this year.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

USD shot 58 percent, OU 46 percent; USD shot 19 of 20 free throws, OU 7 of 12. Looks like Bader didn't show up in the game. If Bader isn't shooting well, OU doesn't win, this year.
              Thanks and it looks like the Grizz lives or dies by the Bader. Not much life in Bader's three these days.

Comment

And, if Oakland didn't like the addition of the Dakota schools to the conference, they're even unhappier now . . .

On the other hand, the addition of the Dakota flagship schools is probably the best thing to happen to the Summit since Valpo fluked its way into the Sweet 16.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

In answer to a couple of earlier questions, Bader started out on fire hitting something like 5 of his 1st 6 3's and Oakland was up 30-16 a little over half way through the first half and he only made 1 of 11 the rest of the game. Another interesting stat on the day is that the Yote men & women were a combined 30 of 31 from the charity stripe today.

I also agree that the Dakota schools are raising the bar for all sports in the Summit and helping it move towards more of a destination rather than a transition conference.
                  USD Fan

Comment

All of the sudden, the preseason conference favorite is a game behind the two leaders, with the following conference games left:

NDSU, at home;
                    USD, at home;
                    Kansas City, at home;
                    at IPFW;
                    at Oakland;
                    IUPUI, at home;
                    WIU, at home;
                    at UNO.

Five in Frost Arena, three on the road.

Running the table is still a tall order, but if the Jacks can do it, they will be no worse than a #2 seed for the conference tournament, even if NDSU and WIU otherwise win out.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Gee, an off night for NDSU's Bjorklund...he only went 4-7 tonight.

Obviously glad to see the conference leader go down. NDSU might miss Braun more than anticipated.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                        Gee, an off night for NDSU's Bjorklund...he only went 4-7 tonight.

Obviously glad to see the conference leader go down. NDSU might miss Braun more than anticipated.
                        How does he only take 7 shots with Braun out? I realize Parks is a great defender, but you gotta get him more looks than that.
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

All of the sudden, the preseason conference favorite is a game behind the two leaders, with the following conference games left:

NDSU, at home;
                          USD, at home;
                          Kansas City, at home;
                          at IPFW;
                          at Oakland;
                          IUPUI, at home;
                          WIU, at home;
                          at UNO.

Five in Frost Arena, three on the road.

Running the table is still a tall order, but if the Jacks can do it, they will be no worse than a #2 seed for the conference tournament, even if NDSU and WIU otherwise win out.
                          Nervousness Ranking:

1) @Oakland - Never won there.
                          2) NDSU - I think we are better, but we've lost games to them at home when we were the better team.
                          3) WIU - Less worried about this game now that Nate finally had a good game against them.

GAP

4) USD - I guess? Not worried though. I'll take SDSU no matter what the spread is.
                          5) @UNO - Sure?
                          6) @IPFW - When was the last time we lost to these guys? When was the last time we beat them by less than 15?
                          7) UMKC - Same questions.
                          8) IUPUI - Ha.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

So is a 16-game conference season.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                              CF, gotta ask. How in the world did you guys lose to UMKC at home?
                              The Yotes have had two really head scratching performances this year and both were actually at home against NDSU and UMKC. They didn't show up mentally in either game. Boot's and the team both knew those games were unacceptable and despite a slow process are learning from it and getting better. I sensed a maturing team on the road trip they took to Omaha when they blew out UNO who many picked to finished ahead of the Coyotes this year. Than they went to K-State and really played well and were within 5 points of the Wildcats with 8:00 to play before finally caving. They have still had steps backwards but I will take those steps for games such as against Oakland today. One thing the win over Oakland will do is to get is a little bit better practices from NDSU and SDSU before they make the trip up north. I think we all know SDSU will be fired up to avenge the earlier loss but I am hoping NDSU gets a bit complacent in that game in Fargo and the Yotes can maybe make a sneaky game of it up there. I don't think the Jacks will quite overwelm the Yotes to the degree they did last year in Frost but none the less I think we are looking at a 12-15 point Jacks win. If the Jacks were not playing in front of what will be a frenzy I might pick a 6-10 point game. The Coyotes have actually been impressive with a small lineup that can get out and push it a bit. They have been kind of forced into it this year. For some Boot's is a has/been or is washed up and I have wondered that myself but at this point he is doing a nice job with this team this year. The biggest surprise to me is how the Yotes have played on the road so far in the Summit.
                              How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Was oakland wearing sdsu jerseys? Yotes sure played like it it sounds. Gonna be a tight race to the finish for confrence seeding. All I want is to be a top 2 seed. I don't care about winning the confence as much as I want to finish top 2. Its a big goal and very nice to do but I would want (hat day of rest in the sl tourny more then anything. Hope it works out and sdsu gets both. Hope we have a good week of practice. We have 3 huge home games coming up and time to rest and prepare for them.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X