Summit League Regular Season Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit League Regular Season Conference

If I am a Jacks fan I would want the conference title this year. For both the SD schools the Summit League tourney is a big advantage that can really push either team to advance further than they otherwise would advance. I don't think the Jacks make the big dance last year if the tourney is in Illinois or Michigan or something like that. I believe the regular season title legitimizes a season. Until the Jacks win the regular season title (and this goes for the Yotes as well) it's difficult to call themselves the best team in the league.
    How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
      If I am a Jacks fan I would want the conference title this year. For both the SD schools the Summit League tourney is a big advantage that can really push either team to advance further than they otherwise would advance. I don't think the Jacks make the big dance last year if the tourney is in Illinois or Michigan or something like that. I believe the regular season title legitimizes a season. Until the Jacks win the regular season title (and this goes for the Yotes as well) it's difficult to call themselves the best team in the league.

So, youre saying we werent the best team last year, even though we made it to the NCAA tourney and gave Baylor a great game? The goal is to win the Summit Tourney and go to the NCAA tourney. If you want to think that we wouldnt have won it in Ill or Mich, thats your warped opinion. Since it didnt happen in Ill or Mich, it really doesnt matter. Hopefully the Yotes take a downward spiral the rest of the season so you can wind down and get some sleep.

Comment

Sounds good in theory , but if you ask the Sutton brothers if they would trade their regular season crown and NIT appearance for the Jacks season last year , I think I know what the answer would be. Winning both is great , but who made the Big Dance is what people remember.

Comment

yotes played clean game at Oakland. 57.6% FG shooting 19-20 at the line. They outrebounded and had more steals and more assists than the Griz. They scored 97 points on the road. UMKC can win on the road at Ft Wayne! The bison face the sobering truth that Taylor Braun is an important player on their team while sharing the league lead with Western Ill!! They also find that there are other teams in the conference that play stifling defense. The Omaha game should be noticed for the Jacks since CSUB beat the mavs by 5 while shooting twice as many free throws at Bakersfield in the second half comeback by the mavs.

The women have 3 team race going on now as well. The win at Frost will certainly give the Jags some juice and the yotes have surfaced as a contender as well. If you do not have the Summit League tickets now, you will looking for empty seats or sitting in the bleachers with the bands. Expect to see some yotes following both men and women into the tourney this first year.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Give me one NCAA tournament appearance and I'll give you three regular season titles. Go ask ORU if how nice it was to call themselves "the best team in the league" last year! A regular season title would be a nice bonus to go along with a tournament title, but we all know which one of those two shines brightest.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

If you do not have the Summit League tickets now, you will looking for empty seats or sitting in the bleachers with the bands. Expect to see some yotes following both men and women into the tourney this first year.
              This is true. Count on NDSU to bring in a big crowd as well and their team will not likely go home on the first day this year. There is a good chance that at least three SDSU/NDSU/USD teams will be playing on championship tuesday. Going to be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                So is a 16-game conference season.
                Yah, that.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                  This is true. Count on NDSU to bring in a big crowd as well and their team will not likely go home on the first day this year. There is a good chance that at least three SDSU/NDSU/USD teams will be playing on championship tuesday. Going to be fun.
                  This year is having the looks of another attendance record for the Summit Tournament. It definitely will have some teams playing in front of their largest "home" crowd depending on the matches! I do recall some large crowds showing partisan efforts for both of the ORU men and women exit games from the Summit.
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                    18-game conference seasons are a long, long, long grind. Damn near impossible to get through undefeated.
                    16 game conference seasons are almost as tough. Good thing this is the only year for 16 game conference season, as next year, Denver joins. I take it that UMKC/Denver will be travel partners, and USD/UNO will be travel partners? All other partners remain the same.

Comment

Houston Baptist over UMKC 63-61. UMKC is now 6-15 overall.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                        Boy i did not see that one coming.

Comment

Coach Brown's seat must be getting pretty hot.

Comment

That's a terrible loss for the conference. HB is 5-14 after the win with a #333 RPI.

Comment

That has been a topic since last year. There is also some that question his inability to garner some of the local talent in KC.
                              Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                              Coach Brown's seat must be getting pretty hot.

Comment

Story from Oakland with vid

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/artic...ewmode=default

Comment

Working...
                                X