X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit League Regular Season Conference

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
    My thoughts on Travis Bader:
    Just kidding. I actually like Bader's game.
    Haha. Great video, and this is the what I fell when I watch him. Volume shooter that needs his shots. Can either shoot his team to a win or dig them deeper in a hole.
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
      Haha. Great video, and this is the what I fell when I watch him. Volume shooter that needs his shots. Can either shoot his team to a win or dig them deeper in a hole.
      I disagree.

He's a pure shooter with a great stroke. The only reason he is shooting so much this year is because he has to be the go-to guy. A "volume shooter" is someone that shoots a low percentage and only has a high average because of a high amount of shots. Dude is a career 40% 3 point shooter.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        I disagree.He's a pure shooter with a great stroke. The only reason he is shooting so much this year is because he has to be the go-to guy. A "volume shooter" is someone that shoots a low percentage and only has a high average because of a high amount of shots. Dude is a career 40% 3 point shooter.
        I'm sorry but when you shoot 15 shots a game and 10 are threes while shooting 38% from the field, that's a volume shooter. Reggie drew a lot of attention in his earlier years so he was able to get more open looks as teams were trying to stop Reggie and I think this year it is showing that he is a volume shooter. Whenever I have seen him play he needs his shots regardless of how well he is shooting. This was a night that he was on and he was able to score 47 points, but that won't be every night. That being said, he is a good shooter and I wouldn't want to face him if he's on but if he's off I would love to face him.

He is a 2 guard that averages only 1assist per game for his career, what else is he?

Comment

Bader is a chucker all right.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
            Men: Oakland over IUPUI 89-71. Bader with 47 points and 11 threes. Not a misprint
            So what your saying is bader went all anders for a game.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Last year whent the Jacks played Oakland, Bader put up 11 threes against them for 33 points. This is their homecoming week with WIU being the homecoming game. They already had a guy, the transfer from West Virginia dismissed from the team for violation of team rules and it's coming down to Bader as the go to guy besides Petros. Bader only had 11 at the half so he exploded in the second.

Comment

I'm sorry but when you shoot 15 shots a game and 10 are threes while shooting 38% from the field, that's a volume shooter. Reggie drew a lot of attention in his earlier years so he was able to get more open looks as teams were trying to stop Reggie and I think this year it is showing that he is a volume shooter. Whenever I have seen him play he needs his shots regardless of how well he is shooting. This was a night that he was on and he was able to score 47 points, but that won't be every night. That being said, he is a good shooter and I wouldn't want to face him if he's on but if he's off I would love to face him.

He is a 2 guard that averages only 1assist per game for his career, what else is he?
                A great player on a bad team.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                  A great player on a bad team.
                  So does mean that Kobe isn't a volume shooter since he's on a bad team?

Comment

So does mean that Kobe isn't a volume shooter since he's on a bad team?
                    Bader shoots 40% from 3 this year. 4.3/10.7 per game. He would need to shoot 60% from two to take that many shots and be that efficient and score as many points as he does now. It's completely different with someone that shoots 3s vs. 2s like Kobe.

Comment

SMH at anyone that thinks Bader is just a volume shooter. See post above. His 3 pt % is ridiculous for how many he takes and he can get his shot off at any time from any angle. Does he distribute the ball or play great defense...No. Is he a volume shooter...I'd say more like a great shooter.
                      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                        Last year whent the Jacks played Oakland, Bader put up 11 threes against them for 33 points.
                        Bader was 10-14 on 3's for 37 pts.
                        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                          SMH at anyone that thinks Bader is just a volume shooter. See post above. His 3 pt % is ridiculous for how many he takes and he can get his shot off at any time from any angle. Does he distribute the ball or play great defense...No. Is he a volume shooter...I'd say more like a great shooter.
                          I think Bader is an underrated defender. He expends a ton of energy trying to get open on offense and hoisting a ton of shots, and plays over 38 minutes per game. He isn't Ceola Clark, but IMO its hard to expect a 3 point shooter to carry that load offensively and play great defense.
                          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                            Bader was 10-14 on 3's for 37 pts.
                            Volume shooter or not, if Bader gets that hot against your team you will lose. We saw it first hand at Oakland last year. OU lives/dies by Bader even more this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                              USD reminds me alot of SDSU's team of two years ago. We could also put up alot of points but were really weak on defense. I saw the stat on Midco broadcast that USD is leading the league in 3pt shooting. They will be a team no-one wants to play come tourney time.
                              Hear what you are sayin, but the SDSU team from two years ago won 19 games. USD currently sits at 8-13 they would have to win all the rest of their regular season games and win the Summit Tournament to get to 19. The other main difference is USD uses a lot of zone and SDSU is almost always man to man

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                                Hear what you are sayin, but the SDSU team from two years ago won 19 games. USD currently sits at 8-13 they would have to win all the rest of their regular season games and win the Summit Tournament to get to 19. The other main difference is USD uses a lot of zone and SDSU is almost always man to man
                                Yeah, I realize that it's not a completely accurate comparison. My point was generally that USD is a high scoring, poor defense team much like we were a few years ago and that their ability to shoot the 3 makes them a team that could be dangerous come tourney time.

Comment

Working...
                                X