• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit League Regular Season Conference

I wonder if this is the source...

http://www.tonyskansascity.com/2013/...witcheroo.html

Comment

There are strong indications that UMKC could be leaving the Summit League and joining the WAC...Many signs pointing in that direction.
      https://twitter.com/SSJ_WHB/status/299571176592789504

Comment

I'm stunned STUNNED by the number of people that think that'd be a good move.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
          I'm stunned STUNNED by the number of people that think that'd be a good move.
          I don't think people realize every WAC school but New Mexico State has left the conference and that they've added diploma mill in Grand Canyon(which is why Denver left).

This would be a step down for UMKC in every way. From athletics to academics to travel. It makes no sense unless they are being kicked out of the Summit or the Summit is losing a lot more schools than potentially Oakland.

Comment

Started a dedicated thread to the UMKC-to-WAC topic:

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread...MKC-to-the-WAC
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I can't understand this move or people thinking this is a step up. Maybe 10 years ago it would be a step up. Heck taking a snapshot now it would appear to be a step up. Like FargoBison said, all the good long standing teams have bolted due to FBS realignment after this year. Now it is a later move AT BEST and one could argue it is a significant step down. If that is what they want, fine. I believe the Summit is not going anywhere. The addition of the former NCC teams is helping that. SDSU and NDSU along with Oakland have elevated the Summit from what it once was. I believe the Summit is transitioning from a stepping stone league to a more stable one. Oakland may still have their desire to move to the Horizon, but that is nothing new. Even with the addition of Denver, we have shrunk the Summit footprint down by quite a bit in recent years. This is easily remedied as Denver is a major hub and easy to get to. They will be an outlier in an already huge conference. I think they would be better served staying put. Whether they will do better athletically, will remain to be seen.

If this does happen, I believe the Summit may look at UND once again. They are already an outlier in the Big Sky and with the return of Idaho from the WAC, makes them a little more expendable there. Of course, it will all depend on football.

Comment

Stream of Bison-Oakland: http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/167773...dakota-st.html

No one there. Bison look good early, up 10-7.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                  UMKC is about to lose to powerhouse Houston Baptist.League RPI takes another hit.
                  Can they be immediately transferred to the WAC?
                  LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                    Can they be immediately transferred to the WAC?
                    Well, we still need somebody to fill the #8 spot in the conference tournament.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Oakland up 35-26 on NDSU at half.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                        Well, we still need somebody to fill the #8 spot in the conference tournament.
                        I'm sure that nearly any of the NSIC schools could do at least as well as KC. Hell, get those Augie students that went to the game dressed as WIU fans last year. Give them some UMKC jerseys and put them on the court. Not a whole lot of difference.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                          Oakland up 35-26 on NDSU at half.
                          Not going well either.

Comment

Bison lose at Oakland, Tray had a horrible turnover with 20 seconds left in the game. If he just slows down they basically have to foul us.

But shockingly at Bville it's Saul's fault.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                              Bison lose at Oakland, Tray had a horrible turnover with 20 seconds left in the game. If he just slows down they basically have to foul us.

At least they are not putting this one on the refs... That is progress!

The tie-breaker between SDSU and NDSU just got a little better for SDSU. As far as I understand it, we'll still have our destiny in our own hands no matter what happens to us on Saturday. Our win at WIU is the key.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post

I don't get it. Saul gets great recruits and seems to be an above average coach. His defensive adjustment on NW from last year to this year was top notch.
                                Originally posted by JackFan96
                                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                                X