Summit League Regular Season Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit League Regular Season Conference

SF Sports Authority reports that over 4000 all-session passes have been sold to this years tourney.

Safe to say that if you don't have yours yet, ya better get on it.
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
      SF Sports Authority reports that over 4000 all-session passes have been sold to this years tourney.

Safe to say that if you don't have yours yet, ya better get on it.
      I still don't know how some people get really close seats either in the lower section or just above the railing. We have gotten tickets with in minutes of them going on sale and are always middle of the section. I know others have had that issue too. We have had good seats imo just not as good as I would like.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        I still don't know how some people get really close seats either in the lower section or just above the railing. We have gotten tickets with in minutes of them going on sale and are always middle of the section. I know others have had that issue too. We have had good seats imo just not as good as I would like.
        Do you get them in person, or online?

Sec W, Row 5 (towards the ends) for our group of 4.
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Single-session Summit tickets go on sale monday. By then the Jacks (men) will hopefully be locked in for the Saturday session. You can already book the women for Saturday afternoon.

I'm happy to have all-session passes in my pocket. That arena should be pretty packed most of the time with the NDSU men, USD women, and both SDSU teams probably playing through (at least) Monday.

Buy up those tickets before NDSU/USD fans do!

Comment

Right on the baseline but still great seats. Good for you. We've been in about the same spot the last 3 years but had no luck this year. Not sure exactly why. I am definitely disappointed that we won't be on the floor right next to the action. We are at center court but up in the balcony seats not far from what the consider GA. Next year I may tell others to get their own tickets and get myself 4 seats on the floor.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

In person. We looked at either center or far down as we can get.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

We have always been in the balcony, row 8-10. This year we are probably even with or above the steps. I got in line to buy them right awY when they went on sale.

Comment

Can a person order online with his I phone? Havent had it for too long so just learning

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                    Can a person order online with his I phone? Havent had it for too long so just learning
                    The reserved tickets for sale are not prime seating right now. You might ask if any tickets have been turned back in for a better choice. For the reason of getting more information, a phone call may yield more options than shown online. I know some have bought tickets on the ends on floor where bands and cheerleaders will keep you in the action.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I bought seats on the end the first couple of years. There were single session passes availble for the first row in those sections back then, even the day before the game. I don't know if that is the case now. The one time I got seats in that first row (right on the floor) I was pretty excited. The seats did not turn out to be so good though as the basket, camera crews, foot traffic, mascots, and cheerleaders were always in the way. Higher up in the corners of those end sections would probably be pretty good.

I got in line for Summit tickets just after the window opened last March. I asked the teller for the "best available" set of four seats and wound up with Section P, row 8. I was surprised the seats were so far up just 15 minutes after tickets went on sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                        I bought seats on the end the first couple of years. There were single session passes availble for the first row in those sections back then, even the day before the game. I don't know if that is the case now. The one time I got seats in that first row (right on the floor) I was pretty excited. The seats did not turn out to be so good though as the basket, camera crews, foot traffic, mascots, and cheerleaders were always in the way. Higher up in the corners of those end sections would probably be pretty good.

I got in line for Summit tickets just after the window opened last March. I asked the teller for the "best available" set of four seats and wound up with Section P, row 8. I was surprised the seats were so far up just 15 minutes after tickets went on sale.
                        Same here. We were in line right away, ended up in the balcony. I was told the USD foundation bought hundreds of all session passes right away, that may have been a rumor that could not be substantiated then or now. I am of the opinion that it is not true.

I've stood in line at the arena, tried online and called. Generally the same result for me, decent seats but not the best. I am lead to believe after much inquiry that sponsors get the best seats, teams the next (for players and family) and then the general public. I have no idea if they save certain seats for single session sales or if the all session passes best available mean best available.

The other problem? The way the box office defines "best available" and I define it aren't the same. Lower down on the ends behind the basket are TERRIBLE seats in the upper balcony. You are much better off higher up in the center of the court. Most any of the lower level chairback seats are good. I hate the bleacher seats on the ends.

Better have plenty of beer lined up. Its going to be one hell of a good time.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          I am lead to believe after much inquiry that sponsors get the best seats, teams the next (for players and family) and then the general public.
                          I think you are correct. When the tournament goes into new events center, this shouldn't be as much of a problem as the sponsors will probably get a crack at the luxury suites.

Comment

I didn't buy mine until mid-October. The box office was slow and I got to look over what was available. I ended up in Section C, Row 19.
                            Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

we always sit in the middle sections but always are either even with the stairs or just a little above them. we looked at the sections over and really only got a couple rows closers so we figured to stay more center. would love to get those lower sections seats but anything below the stairs would be just fine with me. but since we get our tickets every year and i get to watch 4 days of nothing but college basketball with my dad, I can't really complain to much.

Comment

I find it odd that on the USD website, it says fans can buy tickets by calling a phone number. This phone number is their ticket office number, so I don't know if they're selling their allotment of tickets? I'm just speculating, but no other team's ticket page has that option. So I don't know if by calling that number they refer you to the Arena box office or if they have their own set of tickets they are selling. Would be funny if state fans would call and buy up their allotment if that's the case.

Comment

Working...
                                X