Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit League Regular Season Conference

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    I'll be mildly surprised if we win in Macomb Thursday. Another Super Bowl game for an opponent, and they are hyping it as such. No excuses, but it's gonna be a very tough game. We'll take care of business at Frost and in SF though...book it
    Agreed. Hoping for a win and expecting one are very different. We have the talent to get it done, but WIU is rolling. The game at Frost might be a better predictor of how things would work out if these teams match up in Sioux Falls.

The NDSU/WIU matchup will be just as interesting. NDSU is fortunate to start off the trip with IUPUI instead of WIU. They'll have a few things to sort out with Braun being out.

USD has a chance to lock IPFW into the nether regions of the conference standings, but I don't expect them to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      Agree, I want him back for the Summit Tourney. Great wins for the Jackrabbits with week. Righted the ship and made the upcoming road trip much more meaningful. I don't see NDSU or WIU with more than 4 conference losses. Jackrabbits need to knock WIU off on the road and at home, defend home court against the rest of the league and grab a #2 seed. Bison will certainly miss Braun but I think they can continue to play at a high level. They have a great advantage over us with their win at USD and against the Jacks in Fargo.
      If the Jacks win @WIU, couldn't they still get the #1 seed? NDSU has to play @WIU and that could give both of them 1 loss. SDSU would just have to beat both of them at home and then all 3 teams would have 2 loses. WIU still plays @ NDSU so one of those teams would have 3 loses. The USD game was a bad loss but if we beat NDSU and Frost, that would cancel out the loss in Fargo. Isn't the first tiebreaker head-to-head? Being 3-1 against NDSU and WIU could still put us up there.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
        If the Jacks win @WIU, couldn't they still get the #1 seed? NDSU has to play @WIU and that could give both of them 1 loss. SDSU would just have to beat both of them at home and then all 3 teams would have 2 loses. WIU still plays @ NDSU so one of those teams would have 3 loses. The USD game was a bad loss but if we beat NDSU and Frost, that would cancel out the loss in Fargo. Isn't the first tiebreaker head-to-head? Being 3-1 against NDSU and WIU could still put us up there.
        Seems reasonable. It's early and some of the lower teams could help us out by pulling upsets. I think both NDSU and WIU are rightfully tooting their horns about being 11-3 and 6-0 in the Summit, but its not over until its over so said Yogi. Also you can observe a great deal by watching, another Yogi, quote.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
          Absolutely could still get a #1 seed, its just a lot tougher with the loss at USD. NDSU would have to lose to USD in Fargo while SDSU wins in Brookings for it to truly cancel out. Winning at Oakland, IPFW, WIU and IUPUI will be difficult to say the least. The loss at USD makes a #1 seed much tougher.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Unless their are major issues to western later in the year but if we lose this week I think we can start looking to just get the 2 seed. Western and ndsu need to spit and we need to sweep the remaining games with them.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I think that a loss at WIU makes a #1 seed extremely unlikely also. We would need a ton of help from the teams in the bottom half of the conference and would certainly have to win-out the rest of the way.
              It's hard to imagine the Conference champion having more than 3 losses unless the Braun injury decimates NDSU and WIU's record turns out to only be the product of an easy OOC schedule.
              The odds of both happening are probably slim.

Comment

Thank God it's Thursday. Tonight's MBB games:

- Oakland starts a stretch of games on their home court (6 of the next 7). The first three look very winnable, meaning that they will probably be 6-3 when WIU comes to town next weekend. I think Oakland is going to be riding a wave of wins when NDSU and SDSU come in Feb 7/9.

- Normally NDSU/IUPUI would be a snoozer, but the loss of Braun makes this one interesting.

- IPFW may start a climb back into the middle ranks with USD coming to town (followed by UMKC saturday).

- WIU either gets confirmed as very formidable frontrunner or more questions arise about whether their record is a product of their schedule. SDSU will either come out of this game as a contender for the #1 seed or look more likely to end up as a 3/4. The opportunity for a statement win is there for both teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                  Thank God it's Thursday. Tonight's MBB games:- Oakland starts a stretch of games on their home court (6 of the next 7). The first three look very winnable, meaning that they will probably be 6-3 when WIU comes to town next weekend. I think Oakland is going to be riding a wave of wins when NDSU and SDSU come in Feb 7/9. - Normally NDSU/IUPUI would be a snoozer, but the loss of Braun makes this one interesting. - IPFW may start a climb back into the middle ranks with USD coming to town (followed by UMKC saturday). - WIU either gets confirmed as very formidable frontrunner or more questions arise about whether their record is a product of their schedule. SDSU will either come out of this game as a contender for the #1 seed or look more likely to end up as a 3/4. The opportunity for a statement win is there for both teams.
                  Bison win big, 78-40
                  BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Mens:

NDSU over IUPUI 78-40

IPFW over USD 62-60

Oakland over UMKC 81-68.

Comment

• Re: Summit League Regular Season Conference

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                      Mens:

NDSU over IUPUI 78-40

IPFW over USD 62-60

Oakland over UMKC 81-68.
                      NDSU seems to not skip a beat with Braun out.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        NDSU seems to not skip a beat with Braun out.
                        96 minutes from the bench makes me think that the Jaguars did not put up too much of a fight in the contest. I would guess that the minutes will change on Saturday. Western Illinois will change the bison(I hope) rotation.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Bison women beat IUPUI to help widen the Jacks hold on first. 71-68 in front of 500+
                          yotes throttle fort wayne. 82-51
                          Oakland goes to KC to win 55-46
                          Omaha wins OOC over Chicago St
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Lets just say the team wasn't very happy with some of the comments made by local and national media after Braun got hurt. Saul was really fired up on Monday during his coaches show and the team came out and played with a lot of fire tonight. It was fun to watch...I think we were on a 22-0 run at one point.

Things will obviously be tougher on Saturday but this team is really fired up and is defending at a very high level.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                              Bison women beat IUPUI to help widen the Jacks hold on first. 71-68 in front of 500+
                              yotes throttle fort wayne. 82-51
                              Oakland goes to KC to win 55-46
                              Omaha wins OOC over Chicago St
                              Attendances from the women games last night
                              IUPUI@NDSU 527
                              Oak@UMKC 543
                              IPFW@USD 1069

I believe the total of those 3 games equal 2139

W ILL @ SDSU 2346

Comment

The women should pick up more following at tournament time as well. Their game seems to be making strides forward as the numbers appeared again last night. One surprise was how IPFW performed at Vermillion. Mastodons save the big game for the Jackrabbits.
                                Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                                Attendances from the women games last night
                                IUPUI@NDSU 527
                                Oak@UMKC 543
                                IPFW@USD 1069

I believe the total of those 3 games equal 2139

W ILL @ SDSU 2346

Comment

Working...
                                X