Trouble up in Bison Land Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trouble up in Bison Land Again

I'd just be careful to judge. SDSU students as well as probably students of most schools in the states have been charged with similar things in the past, and it could still be happening today. I've seen more then 1 person in South Dakota running around notarizing documents with a notary stamp not in their name. I've seen way to many petitions located in bar restrooms or other places that if you read the find print would not be legal. I'm not saying what happened isn't wrong or anything. It clearly is. But just be careful to judge, it happens. If I'm going to judge, I'm going to judge on them getting caught, and for the issues they were circulating.

These type of cases are extremely hard to prove though. So I do understand where the coaches are letting the players play until their day in court.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      I saw this story on espn.com and the one we don't speak of barely had anything to say. I'm not sure bohl is doing the right thing letting um play. Do they get suspended or kicked off the team if they are found guilty?
      I don't think anyone gets booted off the team for this. If the players want to take this all the way to trials,it could very well drag out until the season is over. If the players and the state are willing to work out a plea to a lesser charge,I would look for one game suspensions.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        I saw this story on espn.com and the one we don't speak of barely had anything to say. I'm not sure bohl is doing the right thing letting um play. Do they get suspended or kicked off the team if they are found guilty?
        The problem i have with Bohl waiting for the legal process to play out is several players already admitted forging signatures. By waiting to punish them could make it look really bad, especially if he suspends them for a meaningless game.

Comment

If they want to waste taxpayer money and go all the way ,they're facing up to 1 yr in jail and $2,000.00 fine.The thing that makes them look guilty in my opinion is that the company hired by the the conservation groups required the petition circulators to sign a code of conduct promising not to engage in illegal activity while gathering signatures.Once you sign anything, you're scr***d in my opinion.All the prosecuters have to do is find the illegal names on the petition.If there are any,once charges have been filed,then its cutains i'm afraid.
          Last edited by jackdaniel; 09-08-2012, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            I don't think anyone gets booted off the team for this. If the players want to take this all the way to trials,it could very well drag out until the season is over. If the players and the state are willing to work out a plea to a lesser charge,I would look for one game suspensions.
            To my way of thinking, writing a real person's name with a real address on a petition or a check blank is the same, namely forgery. A felony, but I get what you are saying, if they have good attorney's they will most certainly use all the delay tactics they can. Proving forgery under these circumstance might be more difficult than one would think. These people whose names and addresses were used will some howhave to know that forgery did occur and they would have to angry enough to file a complaint. Some might not even care, since it did not involve loss of personal funds. So the AG has his work cut out and like you say it may drag out.

Comment

Since there are lawyers on this board,i was wondering,how does one protect yourself while gathering signatures on a petition? This is food for thought for anyone else who might want to fight for a cause in the future.Are you absolved from guilt by asking the petition signer a few simple questions,and what if they don't tell you the truth?Outright forging people's signatures is far easier isn't it? You simply find them and ask them wether or not they signed it?Too simple?

Oops skipped right over the answer,thanks Nidaros!
              Last edited by jackdaniel; 09-08-2012, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Bohl should just suspend them for a few games. Otherwise he just may have those wins vacated by the NCAA. What if they vacate those wins then they don't get in the playoffs? That would be embarrassing. Chances are they will win against Prairie View A&M no matter what, and CSU is a toss up. Have them back by the UNI game. If you suspended them all the fans would understand and be done with it.
                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Now it is official, from the Fargo paper from the 7th. 10 players charged - with 3 former players involved.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/373568/

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
                    Just something I was wondering. Would Jackrabbit fans like NDSU's headaches if it came with NDSU's hardware? Or are most fans ok with the occasional good year and the relative lack of headaches?
                    I don't think it would be worth it. I do think that once our facilities are upgraded we'll do better than the occasional good year, though.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                      I don't think it would be worth it. I do think that once our facilities are upgraded we'll do better than the occasional good year, though.
                      You guys are hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Maybe there is a God, Marcus Williams the fraudster is out for at least 2 weeks. And Heagle a starter on Defense is out for the season and back up running back Lang. Jeff Kolpack is nervous about the excessive aid and issues with the NCAA. Yes God does punish the evil

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/373903/
                        TransAMbison:
                        You know I am joking about the God part note the smiley. It seems as in Jackland the injuries are starting to pile up too and what you see in Fargo on Nov 10 maybe two completely different teams, and possibly victory 2 in the FABULOUS FARGO DOME.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                          Now it is official, from the Fargo paper from the 7th. 10 players charged - with 3 former players involved.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/373568/
                          According to this article, the Bison A.D. says there will be no suspensions. Taylor said "At the end of the day,these kids have been through enough".....lol

http://www.inforum.com/event/article.../group/Sports/

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                            According to this article, the Bison A.D. says there will be no suspensions. Taylor said "At the end of the day,these kids have been through enough".....lol

In other words "We ain't doing $h!t until the NCAA tells us to do $h!t." The NCAA of course will let the NDSU players play through the whole season, then vacate all of NDSU's wins.
                            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                              In other words "We ain't doing $h!t until the NCAA tells us to do $h!t." The NCAA of course will let the NDSU players play through the whole season, then vacate all of NDSU's wins.
                              NCAA already said it was a non-issue with them.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post

Can you hear it on the wind? Lack of Institutional Control . . . NDSU has had a lot of issue with their program and the AD's take on this might be part of the reason why. Seem to me he is saying boys will be boys whether they are stealing TVs from Best Buy or getting paid for things they didn't do and committing voter fraud. It will be interesting to see how this ends up.

Comment

Working...
                                X