Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USeD

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
    Actually, I'd give my eye teeth to beat NDSU... the way USD is going, Stig could probably start his third-stringers and still win by two touchdowns.
    After watching NDSU-YSU game its going to be tough to beat NDSU, voting fraud did not remove their talent so both USD and SDSU will have their hands full. To play them into the fourth with only one TD down will be almost an upset, the way I see. NDSU just has too much talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      After watching NDSU-YSU game its going to be tough to beat NDSU, voting fraud did not remove their talent so both USD and SDSU will have their hands full. To play them into the fourth with only one TD down will be almost an upset, the way I see. NDSU just has too much talent.
      I just watched the Zenner highlight reel for the Payton award. He had several very nice runs against the Bison. The NDSU game is a long ways off but watching that video gives me optimism. The SDSU defense is considerable better than it was last year. Tidy up the passing game and special teams and this Jackrabbit team could make a run.

As for the title of this thread and that topic, no further comment.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Yote, that's 200-250 more tickets than you should get. I've been going to games at USD for 30 plus years - football and basketball. I have also had the opportunity to travel with the Jacks on the road to many conference and non-conference sites. AND NO WHERE and I mean no where are the visiting fans treated so poorly not only by rude fans but the lack of seating and the quality of the limited seating you do get at USD. So to hear the type of name calling and whinning coming from USD is rediculous.

I am sure AD Sell is meeting if not exceeding every conference requirement when it comes to tickets and hospitality for visiting fans. In fact he has often stated that SDSU will always take the high road when it comes to visiting teams.

This is and always has been a big game for both schools. Anyone telling you any different is not being honest with themselves.

GBGBGJ

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
        I believe the total allotment was 200-250, that's it. The rest of us are doing it by going with State fans or using State connections. I believe Sells made a mistake, but we will see. I will be there. I truly believe that. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
          Yote, that's 200-250 more tickets than you should get. I've been going to games at USD for 30 plus years - football and basketball. I have also had the opportunity to travel with the Jacks on the road to many conference and non-conference sites. AND NO WHERE and I mean no where are the visiting fans treated so poorly not only by rude fans but the lack of seating and the quality of the limited seating you do get at USD. So to hear the type of name calling and whinning coming from USD is rediculous. I am sure AD Sell is meeting if not exceeding every conference requirement when it comes to tickets and hospitality for visiting fans. In fact he has often stated that SDSU will always take the high road when it comes to visiting teams.This is and always has been a big game for both schools. Anyone telling you any different is not being honest with themselves.GBGBGJ
          First of all, for the umpteenth time, I never said your AD was doing anything underhanded, not within the rules, etc, so get over it. Secondly, I have never had my wife treated any more poorly than at your basketball arena. The foul language was unbelievable, so don't lecture me or any other USD fan about how poorly our fans act. Yours are very bit as bad, so get off your high horse. Quite frankly I don't give a crap how many Yotes get into the game. I can't wait to hear you bitch next year at this time when you get treated the same. If the weather is poor or if pheasants are plentiful, many Jacks won't show up anyway. Just please treat us pleasantly...lol

Comment

Good Lord, you're about as whiny as a Packers fan.
            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              If you give them away,do they still count ?
              Do these count? From today's Argus Leader: "SDSU is participating in the “Fuel Up to Play 60” initiative started by the National Dairy Council and the NFL, hosting a camp from 1-3 p.m. Saturday at Frost Arena. Admission is free for kids 6 and older, and all participates will receive a free ticket to the SDSU vs. Western Illinois football game later that night."

Comment

Originally posted by usdfbalum View Post
                Do these count? From today's Argus Leader: "SDSU is participating in the “Fuel Up to Play 60” initiative started by the National Dairy Council and the NFL, hosting a camp from 1-3 p.m. Saturday at Frost Arena. Admission is free for kids 6 and older, and all participates will receive a free ticket to the SDSU vs. Western Illinois football game later that night."
                Yes they do count, and the National Dairy Council and the NFL has already paid for them. Now they have to find enough kids to receive the tickets, which should not be too hard. It's stupid to keep bringing this up. Even in Verminland, some one buys the tickets before they hand them out.

Comment

First of all, for the umpteenth time, I never said your AD was doing anything underhanded, not within the rules, etc, so get over it. Secondly, I have never had my wife treated any more poorly than at your basketball arena. The foul language was unbelievable, so don't lecture me or any other USD fan about how poorly our fans act. Yours are very bit as bad, so get off your high horse. Quite frankly I don't give a crap how many Yotes get into the game. I can't wait to hear you bitch next year at this time when you get treated the same. If the weather is poor or if pheasants are plentiful, many Jacks won't show up anyway. Just please treat us pleasantly...lol
                  Oh please. I was by USD fans when they were at SDSU and sure they was talking on both sides. However, before I went to the game at USD I had never had a fan straight talk **** and almost want to start a fight while I was walking to the bathroom minding my own business.
                  "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    Yes they do count, and the National Dairy Council and the NFL has already paid for them. Now they have to find enough kids to receive the tickets, which should not be too hard. It's stupid to keep bringing this up. Even in Verminland, some one buys the tickets before they hand them out.
                    Thank you for pointing this out Nidaros. One would think USD fans would take one look at comparative gate revenues between the two schools and drop this asinine argument.
                    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

I, for one, won't complain one bit. This is because I don't have any interest in attending a SDSU/USD game in the dome. I will watch on TV or online. I've heard enough stories to make me want to stay away.

SDSU fans act like maroons as well, but it isn't institutionally supported.
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Thanks for keeping things lively. Hope to see you at the Yankton Jackrabbit tailgate site. We will be welcoming a large contingent of coyote fans including some former players. Plans are in place to smoke a whole bunch of pork shoulder and serve it up before the game. There will be plenty of beverages to share, just stop by.

I ended up getting reserved seats for a handful of coyote fans out of the kindness of my heart. I have no doubt that they will enjoy themselves regardless of the outcome of the game. One of them mentioned that the coyotes have nothing to lose coming into CAS to end the year and that makes them dangerous. I don't know if I agree with that, USD has been a notoriously poor road team for a number of years now.

WIU this weekend, biggest game of the year.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          Thanks for keeping things lively. Hope to see you at the Yankton Jackrabbit tailgate site. We will be welcoming a large contingent of coyote fans including some former players. Plans are in place to smoke a whole bunch of pork shoulder and serve it up before the game. There will be plenty of beverages to share, just stop by. I ended up getting reserved seats for a handful of coyote fans out of the kindness of my heart. I have no doubt that they will enjoy themselves regardless of the outcome of the game. One of them mentioned that the coyotes have nothing to lose coming into CAS to end the year and that makes them dangerous. I don't know if I agree with that, USD has been a notoriously poor road team for a number of years now.WIU this weekend, biggest game of the year.
                          I look forward to it. I sincerely do. We are not only a poor road team this year, we are a poor team right now period. Are we dangerous? I doubt it. The only thing going for us is it appears you have trouble passing and rely heavily on your stud back. If we can control Zenner, then who knows. If not, it will be a long day, but eagerly awaited. I promise no more bantering about crowd behavior, etc. Everyone knows both sides have their jerks.

Comment

everyone knows both sides have their jerks.
                            wisdom spoken by yf Jerks come in all sizes, shapes and ages I might add. May the best team win on Nov 17th.

Comment

What happens if Joe Glenn is one and done?
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                                What happens if Joe Glenn is one and done?
                                Golden Boy Glenn has a very long leash. I expect a more competitive program at USD coming down the road. Unless Joe has health issues, I would expect him to be given a big opportunity to improve the program.

Comment

Working...
                                X