USeD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USeD

89 Rabbit (and spouse Kari!) do a great job leading the friend-raising.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
      Interesting stuff.

I'm not even an alumni and have always felt very welcome at any alumni gathering I've been to. I can't say for certain what impact that has had on me being a season ticket holder and general die-hard SDSU fan. Great job by the SDSU Alumni Association at looking at the bigger picture.
      Agreed. When we were down in Iowa City for SDSU/Iowa mbb game 2 yrs ago, we happened to stop at a restaurant that had the alumni gathering too. As soon as they saw our SDSU gear, they came over to welcome us and gave us a grab bag of stuff. Also not an alum of SDSU,but they werent worried about that.

Comment

The only bright spot of my day was the 54-0 beating the Fison gave the pups. Nice effort Yotes! Great marketing tool. Got a lot of good good exposure for the school.

Thank goodness you are the Harvard of the Prairie (WTH?) because you suck at football. My guess is this loss will go down as a road loss since there were probably more Fison fans there.

See you in a couple weeks for your next smackdown!

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

On the Argus live chat, a USD fan wanted to know if this was rock bottom or if losing to "the ag school" would be rock bottom. Not sure how this couldnt be rock bottom unless we beat them by more than 54

Comment

Note to usd. If you schedule games at howard wood, remember which day the game is and try to show up.

Comment

I forgot to ask how the crowd was at the game? What was the mix between USD and NDSU fans?

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                I forgot to ask how the crowd was at the game? What was the mix between USD and NDSU fans? SUPERBUNNY
                Give or take 50/50.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                  I forgot to ask how the crowd was at the game? What was the mix between USD and NDSU fans?

SUPERBUNNY
                  It's a moving target with these two schools. USD keeps posting a fabricated number and NDSU fans, like always at road games, keep saying that they had over 50% of that number.
                  "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                    It's a moving target with these two schools. USD keeps posting a fabricated number and NDSU fans, like always at road games, keep saying that they had over 50% of that number.
                    Give it a week or two and the Bison will be saying that they brought 50,000 + to Howard Wood. Still even the Yankton paper which loves them some Yotes said that the Bison had more fans then USD.

http://www.yankton.net/articles/2012...c874215916.txt
                    Last edited by LakeJack; 10-22-2012, 09:59 AM.

Comment

The biggest surprise in that 54-0 blowout for NDSU might have been the crowd. Regardless of whether USD or NDSU had the advantage in fan numbers, Howard Wood was not filled, despite great weather, considerable media hype and a USD advertising campaign that lasted for months. The 9,200 or so people who reportedly attended could have fit in the Dome.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

http://www.volanteonline.com/sports/...9bb30f31a.html

Comment

Where is the love? Interesting piece, but with students working and other interests besides football what can you expect. Only the die hards hang around to watch a struggling team. So I do not know, and got bigger fish to fry such as re-financing my home, so will not spend time worrying about USED STUDENTS and their lack of interest in football.

Comment

The only Dakota Day game I went to was around 1979 with a girl I was dating who graduated from the U. We left at halftime along with a lot of other students and alumni and headed for a kegger out at Clay County Park. Seems this is a long standing problem at the U.

Comment

USD must have been losing... another long-standing tradition.
                              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                                The only Dakota Day game I went to was around 1979 with a girl I was dating who graduated from the U. We left at halftime along with a lot of other students and alumni and headed for a kegger out at Clay County Park. Seems this is a long standing problem at the U.
                                Please tell us the reason why you left was the Jacks were putting on a hurting and your date could no longer take it.

Comment

Working...
                                X