USeD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USeD

Let me steal a political quote - yote - here you go again! The better football team is always the team with the most points at the end of the game. Regardless of how they got them.

You can always point to penalties, turn overs, dropped passes as why you lost - but, that's why you lost!

GBGBGJ

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
    Neither team moved the ball. With about 8 minutes to go we had a 85 yard lead in total yardage. WIU hadn't driven the ball once. They got started with that ridiculous punt block. I also said by not much. Other than mental F ups we shoud have won by 10

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      Coyote Fan: I enjoyed your post. Not because it made any particular point, but because sometimes there’s real genius in your misspellings. I know we all make mistakes in grammar and spelling on the message boards because we’re in a hurry to make a point, are pressed for time, are using our thumbs on a smartphone etc. But I can’t always tell if you are wildly clever and there’s some double meaning to your words --- which causes me to carefully parse your writing -- or if you’ve made a common error.

In the above post, you state “I predict that Yotes will likely get housed at Coughlin-Alumni later in the year.” If you meant “housed”, then I’ll tell you right now there’s no chance in hell SDSU is going to provide room and board for the flea-carrying Coyotes at CAS. I mean, well, okay, maybe the outfitting place in the Student Center may be willing to loan your team some tents but you’ll have to use the porta-potties and bring your own food.

On the other hand, if you meant “hosed”, then we agree.
      http://onlineslangdictionary.com/mea...ition-of/house

When I mean getting "housed" it wasn't a grammatical error or spelling error. If USD gets "housed" that means they get defeated convincingly. In other words SDSU will be doing the "housing". Please take note of the "verb" meaning of the word.
      How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

If both teams continue to generally play how they have been playing even USD fans have to know SDSU is going to win the game in Brookings, plain and simple. I would expect by the score of about 38-10. That is all dependant of how USD shows up to their road games before the one in Brookings. It might be closer to 24-10 but I don't see the Yotes doing a whole lot on offense when the Jacks know all they need to do is lineup 8 in the box all after noon and take away the run. If the wind is what it usually seems to be in Brookings it will make it an even taller task for the Yotes.

Right now USD has a QB that can barely hit the broad side of a barn. USD isn't going to have much success stopping the SDSU ground game. USD probably won't run very well either. All the weaknesses with the Yotes are the strengths of the Jacks. The only way I can possibly see a win is if the Yotes have a mid season quarterback change that would involve getting a passing quarterback under center. The Yotes have threats on the outside at receiver, just no one to get them the ball. For a USD team they seem to have a better secondary than front 7 or at least comperable. Usually the front 7 is good and the backs are weak.

If Tyler Starr continues to lineup on one end the Jacks will just go the other way or right up the middle and have good success. I think many USD fans are underestimating the strength of the Rabbits right now. SDSU seems better this year than they have been recently. I really do look for a big SDSU win in November.
        How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
          Imagine this senario and imagine the steam coming from this board if USD finished 1-7 in the MVFC but their only win came against SDSU costing the Rabbits a playoff spot. This board would likely have the biggest uprising in it's history.
          That would be a successful season for the Coyotes, I suppose, because so many USD fans only care about beating SDSU. The Jacks probably would settle for a 7-1 conference mark, even if the loss was a meaningless, late-season, pre-playoff defeat to winless USD in Brookings. The queston is, would the 137 USD fans at the game storm the field in celebration and dogpile on Coach Glenn?
          This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
            That would be a successful season for the Coyotes, I suppose, because so many USD fans only care about beating SDSU. The Jacks probably would settle for a 7-1 conference mark, even if the loss was a meaningless, late-season, pre-playoff defeat to winless USD in Brookings. The queston is, would the 137 USD fans at the game storm the field in celebration and dogpile on Coach Glenn?
            Doubt very much that a loss would be meaningless. It may or may not cost a playoff spot but it very well could cost a home game or two in the playoffs. Playoff wins aren't in the Jacks vocabulary so just making it is considered a championship season in Brookings.
            How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Doubt very much that a loss would be meaningless. It may or may not cost a playoff spot but it very well could cost a home game or two in the playoffs. Playoff wins aren't in the Jacks vocabulary so just making it is considered a championship season in Brookings.
              SDSU would have to be a top 5 team to have a chance at getting a home playoff game, because they are bid out, and most years there are enough teams with tradition or schools with big pockets to buy home games. USD is a better team then their record indicates. They have a tendency to give up too many big plays, and too many game changing plays. Big pass plays, blocked punts, turnovers, etc. Its not like they are Presentation. But I do agree on this, if USD wants to become a successful program, they have to care about more things than SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                USD is a better team then their record indicates.
                From what I saw, their record is a pretty solid indicator of how good of a team they are. They looked like dog**** yesterday.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

if USD wants to become a successful program, they have to care about more things than SDSU.
                  And there it is. Big picture, beating SDSU needs to be a 3rd or 4th goal for USD,but I just don't think it is.
                  With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                    And there it is. Big picture, beating SDSU needs to be a 3rd or 4th goal for USD,but I just don't think it is.
                    I've debated this point many times. I am of the opinion that the Athletic Department, coaches and players consider every game to be equally important relative to the respective season. A rivalry game carries with it more emotion but not necessarily more relevance to those on the field or court.

However, as it pertains to casual fans it is my impression that too much meaning is placed on a single rivalry game when it is often much less important relative to the respective season. Is that a bad thing? I don't know for sure.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                      Let me steal a political quote - yote - here you go again! The better football team is always the team with the most points at the end of the game. Regardless of how they got them. You can always point to penalties, turn overs, dropped passes as why you lost - but, that's why you lost!GBGBGJ
                      I can agree with that. That's fair. Applies to all sports. I don't make excuses. Go back and read your posts when we beat you in men's basketball earlier this year. However, you my friend are a contrarian. But I accept your reasoning and logic. Works for me.

Comment

http://onlineslangdictionary.com/mea...ition-of/house

When I mean getting "housed" it wasn't a grammatical error or spelling error. If USD gets "housed" that means they get defeated convincingly. In other words SDSU will be doing the "housing". Please take note of the "verb" meaning of the word.
                        No sense of humor! I was truley (sic*) hoping for more. Serious question: Coyote Fan, will you be at the USD v. SDSU game in CAS? Any sense for how many of the Coyote faithful will be at the game?

*his spelling, not mine.

Comment

SDSU would have to be a top 5 team to have a chance at getting a home playoff game, because they are bid out, and most years there are enough teams with tradition or schools with big pockets to buy home games. USD is a better team then their record indicates. They have a tendency to give up too many big plays, and too many game changing plays. Big pass plays, blocked punts, turnovers, etc. Its not like they are Presentation. But I do agree on this, if USD wants to become a successful program, they have to care about more things than SDSU.
                          I was with you right up to your last line. You act as if SDSU could give a crap about USD, doesn't mean anything, yet your spineless AD won't give any tickets to USD for November 17th. Why? Because its a huge game for SDSU. Any 90% of you on here would give your eye teeth to beat us on 11/17. That's how big the game is. Wit until next fall and you all are going to be bitching because our AD will pay you back and there will be one one in blue in the Dome. So don't try and convince yourself this isn't a huge game. By all rights you should win, but you aren't a lock despite how ****ty we have played. If you lose, you have far more to lose, that's why we don't get any tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                            No sense of humor! I was truley (sic*) hoping for more. Serious question: Coyote Fan, will you be at the USD v. SDSU game in CAS? Any sense for how many of the Coyote faithful will be at the game?*his spelling, not mine.
                            I believe the total allotment was 200-250, that's it. The rest of us are doing it by going with State fans or using State connections. I believe Sells made a mistake, but we will see. I will be there. I truly believe that. Lol
                            Last edited by yoteforever; 10-07-2012, 09:36 PM. Reason: Added

Comment

I was with you right up to your last line. You act as if SDSU could give a crap about USD, doesn't mean anything, yet your spineless AD won't give any tickets to USD for November 17th. Why? Because its a huge game for SDSU. Any 90% of you on here would give your eye teeth to beat us on 11/17. That's how big the game is. Wit until next fall and you all are going to be bitching because our AD will pay you back and there will be one one in blue in the Dome. So don't try and convince yourself this isn't a huge game. By all rights you should win, but you aren't a lock despite how ****ty we have played. If you lose, you have far more to lose, that's why we don't get any tickets.
                              It's a bigger game for USD than SDSU. It's called big picture. Same as the USD-SDSU basketball game last year. You would have thought USD won the Summit League tournament the way they rushed the court and celebrated despite their record. USD really only cares about beating SDSU, that's it. If USD only won two games all year and beat SDSU when SDSU went to the playoffs, they would consider that a successful season. Pretty sad.
                              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

I believe the total allotment was 200-250, that's it. The rest of us are doing it by going with State fans or using State connections. I believe Sells made a mistake, but we will see. I will be there. I truly believe that. Lol
                                Isn't that number required by conference or something? Why would our AD give a larger allotment to the opposing team? Seems strange to even suggest. USD fans could have purchased tickets like State fans when they went on sale to the public.
                                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Working...
                                X