USeD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USeD

yoteforever: I do not know the facts about the ticket policies between SDSU and USD for football and basketball games. Your post suggests SDSU does something a little underhanded and I challenge you on that. Please enlighten us. Are we violating a conference rule or some agreement between USD and SDSU?

It had been my guess that for conference games, if any tickets were set aside for visitors, it was a very limited amount -- enough for school officials and maybe player and coach families (you say there was an allotment of 200-250 ... that's more than I would have guessed). Visitors have to try to acquire tickets like any Joe off the street. Compare that to the FBS football games (but not basketball) when SDSU is given an allotment of tickets to sell. I made that guess because I've had season tickets in football and basketball and when we've played NDSU in football or basketball or USD in basketball (last year), if I wanted tickets to the away games, I was on my own. Yet, when the school is given an allotment of tickets to sell (e.g. football games at Minnesota, Nebraska, Illinois, Kansas), season tickets holders are given the first shot and I've always purchased them. When we play Minnesota in basketball, I have to acquire tickets on my own.

So, our AD is "spineless" because he won't give any tickets to USD for November 17? As far as I know, no school gave us tickets (or if they did, is was a small number) for any conference football game as long as we've been in the MVFC (and previously, in the Great West). I have just assumed USD won't set aside an alotment for SDSU fans for next year's football game.

Are you suggesting that if SDSU set aside, let's say 500 tickets at CAS, USD would reciprocate? I think I'm going to throw the B.S. flag on that one. I think you'll have so much demand for tickets from USD fans for limited seating at the Dome that the only SDSU fans in the Dome will be those who had a personal connection to get a ticket. That's part of your home field advantage: in a highly-contested game, visiting teams basically have to play with very few fans in the place. That's just a fact of life, not a complaint.

At least at CAS, USD fans can buy tickets. They could have purchased tickets as soon as they went on sale to the public...reserved seats were available. General admission tickets have been and continue to be available. I recognize that GA tickets are not ideal unless you want to go into the stadium pretty early and stake out a seat. But, even standing room at CAS will work and I know fans who prefer to stand close to the sidelines even though they have season tickets.

Justin Sell is a fine AD and a good guy. Its seem we cannot find an AD who will satisfy USD fans. That may cause USD fans to be upset and resort to namecalling but that's not our problem.

Comment

I had to chuckle when I read the Rapid City Journal this evening. The USD football game was covered as one of several regional games given a little space under the headline of the Chadran State College game. It was mixed in with important regional games such as Dordt vs. Dakota Wesleyan. SDSU, which had a bye week in football, had its own article with its own headline about TJ Lally and Zach Zenner being added to the watch lists for the Rice Award and Payton award, respectively. SDSU's article had about 3 times as much text and a photo along with it. Could it be that The Journal has realized which university has more fans in the Black Hills region. I also noticed a generous amount of SDSU clothing for sale in Target in Rapid City. I didn't see any USD clothing. It may have been there somewhere. I didn't look very hard.
      Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

West-River: you and the other faithful Jacks fans out west are excellent ambassadors for SDSU. I was in Rapid City a week ago Friday and in Spearfish the next day -- sure appreciated the Belle Fourche radio station 1450 am being a part of the network. Lots of Jackrabbit gear in Rapid City and even saw quite a few wearing the colors in Spearfish although there was more BHSU as one would expect. Stores are going to stock what people want to buy and the more gear we have out there, the more people will want.

Comment

Earlier this summer while visting relatives in the hills my wife and her aunt went shopping target and kohls and found some great sdsu stuff for our son. Outfits we didn't see around the stores in sioux falls. When we are out in certain places being a sports fan I see what people are wearing. Usually sdsu out numbers any other team from what I have seen. That's pro and college sports in the region. Next time your at the mall pay attention. Just at target the other day 1 usd shirt 4 sdsu that I saw.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            yoteforever: I do not know the facts about the ticket policies between SDSU and USD for football and basketball games. Your post suggests SDSU does something a little underhanded and I challenge you on that. Please enlighten us. Are we violating a conference rule or some agreement between USD and SDSU?It had been my guess that for conference games, if any tickets were set aside for visitors, it was a very limited amount -- enough for school officials and maybe player and coach families (you say there was an allotment of 200-250 ... that's more than I would have guessed). Visitors have to try to acquire tickets like any Joe off the street. Compare that to the FBS football games (but not basketball) when SDSU is given an allotment of tickets to sell. I made that guess because I've had season tickets in football and basketball and when we've played NDSU in football or basketball or USD in basketball (last year), if I wanted tickets to the away games, I was on my own. Yet, when the school is given an allotment of tickets to sell (e.g. football games at Minnesota, Nebraska, Illinois, Kansas), season tickets holders are given the first shot and I've always purchased them. When we play Minnesota in basketball, I have to acquire tickets on my own.So, our AD is "spineless" because he won't give any tickets to USD for November 17? As far as I know, no school gave us tickets (or if they did, is was a small number) for any conference football game as long as we've been in the MVFC (and previously, in the Great West). I have just assumed USD won't set aside an alotment for SDSU fans for next year's football game. Are you suggesting that if SDSU set aside, let's say 500 tickets at CAS, USD would reciprocate? I think I'm going to throw the B.S. flag on that one. I think you'll have so much demand for tickets from USD fans for limited seating at the Dome that the only SDSU fans in the Dome will be those who had a personal connection to get a ticket. That's part of your home field advantage: in a highly-contested game, visiting teams basically have to play with very few fans in the place. That's just a fact of life, not a complaint. At least at CAS, USD fans can buy tickets. They could have purchased tickets as soon as they went on sale to the public...reserved seats were available. General admission tickets have been and continue to be available. I recognize that GA tickets are not ideal unless you want to go into the stadium pretty early and stake out a seat. But, even standing room at CAS will work and I know fans who prefer to stand close to the sidelines even though they have season tickets.Justin Sell is a fine AD and a good guy. Its seem we cannot find an AD who will satisfy USD fans. That may cause USD fans to be upset and resort to namecalling but that's not our problem.
            JackJD,You know enough of my history to say something like this is underhanded. By no stretch of the imagination. Is it wrong, no. CAS has the capacity to allocate (for money) more tickets to an opponent than the DakotaDome does. Throw the BS flag if you will, but we made an attempt to "trade" xxxx amount of tickets for our fans in CAS for a like number in the Dome next year. Your AD shot that idea down. I shouldn't have used the word spineless, that was poor judgement. But I do think he should have made more tickets available to USD to distribute to their fans given the nature and size of the game, and in return, you would have had a larger allocation next year (and also a higher percentage of capacity). Using your phrase of the BS flag, I will throw one on you if you also insist this is just another game like many on here are suggesting. I guaranty you, when I played, this game was marked won and circled because of the pride factor. Not a big game for you? Then I suggest a lack of state pride. Again, I was wrong to call your AD a name, he is a good guy. I just think he made an error to block us out. That's all

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              No sense of humor! I was truley (sic*) hoping for more. Serious question: Coyote Fan, will you be at the USD v. SDSU game in CAS? Any sense for how many of the Coyote faithful will be at the game?

*his spelling, not mine.
              Whelle eye dout eye hav bin amungst yore biggust fans latilee seau I didn't thienc hoomur waus peart uf ah reespaunce thatt wuld naurmly kum mei wey. :-)
              How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Did you konw taht the huamn biran can raed and udrentasnd wrdos as lnog as the fsrit and lsat lteter are crrocet?

Witch is good for fan sights because spelling and grammer aint good in these places.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

If USD wants tickets so bad, why don't they just give the website address and the SDSU-ticket office phone# to those that inquire about tickets? Its easy to get, you type in a credit card number, and your ticket appears in a PDF and you print it out. (not very hard) Its not USD where there are seated tickets, and the student section. Its more of a baseball like approach where there are seated, standing, corner, temporary, and then a student section. Was SDSU suppose to give 2,000 of the roughly 8K in grandstand seating to USD? Or were they suppose to block off a section on the other side for USD? I guess I just don't understand why they would want to. Its my understanding that the tickets are available to the general public. Its not as if they are doing a litmus test to get tickets, making you answer secret SDSU questions to be able to get the tickets.

I'll agree with you that the ticket price shouldn't be increased, but I'm going to say that I'd be shocked if USD didn't do that next year. Its a supply and demand thing, The supply is roughly the same, but the demand goes up, therefore they can ask and get more for their tickets. I'm not saying its right, or should be allowed to happen. But it does, end of story.

Comment

We are talking about the same USD athletic department that tried - and in most cases failed through its own incompetence - to force NDSU fans to buy tickets to the USD vs. Colgate game if they wanted to buy tickets to the USD vs. NDSU game in SF, right? YF, please get off your holier than thou soap box.

Comment

A sea of red on Nov 17. I might even sell my ticket so help out and improve SDSU-USD relations. It appears to have taken a dip.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                        We are talking about the same USD athletic department that tried - and in most cases failed through its own incompetence - to force NDSU fans to buy tickets to the USD vs. Colgate game if they wanted to buy tickets to the USD vs. NDSU game in SF, right? YF, please get off your holier than thou soap box.
                        Yeah,and Yoteforever thinks OUR AD is spineless.....

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                          Yeah,and Yoteforever thinks OUR AD is spineless.....
                          Do you not read corrections?

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                            Any 90% of you on here would give your eye teeth to beat us on 11/17.
                            What's an eye teeth?

Comment

Actually, I'd give my eye teeth to beat NDSU... the way USD is going, Stig could probably start his third-stringers and still win by two touchdowns.
                              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                                Actually, I'd give my eye teeth to beat NDSU... the way USD is going, Stig could probably start his third-stringers and still win by two touchdowns.
                                For once you might be right.

Comment

Working...
                                X