Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Performance center deadline

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
    I couldn't be there this weekend. Other than the ceremonial dirt turned with the ceremonial shovels, what has been done?
    FWIW, Terry V. had an interesting tweet from that event,

Terry Vandrovec@TerryVandrovec31 Aug
    Sanford president Kelby Krabbenhoft at SDSU indoor facility groundbreaking: "I was told today even bigger things are coming."

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post

Sanford president Kelby Krabbenhoft at SDSU indoor facility groundbreaking: "I was told today even bigger things are coming."
      And now we wait patiently. I've a feeling we're going to like what we hear in the near future.
      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Anyone else notice the drawing in the program was a little different for the new stadium look. Seemed different then previous pictures. Not sure if we should make anything out of that or not. Then I have to ask is there any sort of difenitive plans for the new stadium for amenities or design besides capacity numbers?
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          Anyone else notice the drawing in the program was a little different for the new stadium look. Seemed different then previous pictures. Not sure if we should make anything out of that or not. Then I have to ask is there any sort of difenitive plans for the new stadium for amenities or design besides capacity numbers?
          On the topic of the new stadium--I recently got to go on an "insider" tour of the relatively new Sporting Park in Kansas City, KS (home of the MLS Sporting KC soccer club).

Sweet stadium. $200M price tag. 18,000 capacity, with easy expandability to 25,000. They sell out frequently. In Kansas City. For soccer.

But I'll say that the "world-class home locker room" for Sporting KC in Sporting Park isn't really all that much more impressive than the home men's and women's locker rooms that SDSU has already installed in Frost Arena (for a comparable team size: 18-22 soccer players on a team vs. 13-15 basketball players). There were a few bells and whistles that were absent in the new SDSU locker rooms that Sporting had, but honestly, the eye test results were pretty darn close.

We're getting there, folks, and we're doing it on the kind of budgets that don't accurately reflect where we as a university community are, and where we're going. That is a direct reflection on the quality and dedication of the people at SDSU who are making it all happen--on the fields and courts, and behind the scenes, not only the coaches and athletes but all of the staff who make it possible for the athletes and coaches to do what they do.

Lean, hungry, and determined.

Get that building built, and then let's do something bigger.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            On the topic of the new stadium--I recently got to go on an "insider" tour of the relatively new Sporting Park in Kansas City, KS (home of the MLS Sporting KC soccer club).

Sweet stadium. $200M price tag. 18,000 capacity, with easy expandability to 25,000. They sell out frequently. In Kansas City. For soccer.

But I'll say that the "world-class home locker room" for Sporting KC in Sporting Park isn't really all that much more impressive than the home men's and women's locker rooms that SDSU has already installed in Frost Arena (for a comparable team size: 18-22 soccer players on a team vs. 13-15 basketball players). There were a few bells and whistles that were absent in the new SDSU locker rooms that Sporting had, but honestly, the eye test results were pretty darn close.

We're getting there, folks, and we're doing it on the kind of budgets that don't accurately reflect where we as a university community are, and where we're going. That is a direct reflection on the quality and dedication of the people at SDSU who are making it all happen--on the fields and courts, and behind the scenes, not only the coaches and athletes but all of the staff who make it possible for the athletes and coaches to do what they do.

All I can think about is how the shovels are in the dirt. Now let's turn to the stadium. And frost upgrades for that matter. Just want to see some more detailed drawing or something to get excited for.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

Am I correct in your detailed mention of a KC facility has a purpose in that this is along the lines of what SDSU hopes to do in the near future? The cost of 200 million seems to be about what we will need to rebuild CAS. No doubt it will be a different name after bidding for the naming rights. I do agree with your comments about SDSU getting it done. I could not agree more.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post

I dont get this comment at all. Is Krabbenhoft just now finding out that CAS will be replaced? I dont think he saying a major gift from T Denny is on the way. I need more context to figure out exactly what he is saying.

Comment

It's starting to really get real, up go the walls......https://twitter.com/SellnSDSU/status/402920702262521856

Comment

Drove by this weekend and nothing to write home about right now. The big steel you see being assembled are just the steel joist for the roof deck. The two smaller towers you can see are for any masonry on the exterior, they will put together a scaffolding system that will ride up that a couple courses of block at a time. It is good to see them getting things preassembled prior to the actual skeleton of the building being erected.

Comment

Updated picture, looks like it is starting to take shape.....https://twitter.com/SDSU_Jacks/statu...05248491556866

Comment

Drove by yesterday and took a few shots - see the rest in my Performance Center Album. This shot shows 3 completed spans - this building is massive compared to Dykhouse.

Comment

Here's another shot from the East entrance to the tailgate area (north of the softball field). See more photos in my Performance Center album.

Comment

Originally posted by BKXD View Post
                            Drove by yesterday and took a few shots - see the rest in my Performance Center Album. This shot shows 3 completed spans - this building is massive compared to Dykhouse.

I heard Justin Sell with Tyler on a basketball broadcast and he said there will be 12 of those beams and that they will continue to go up 1 per week.

Comment

Can someone remind me when this is going to be completed?
                              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                                Can someone remind me when this is going to be completed?
                                I believe it was supposed to be done in August 2014

Comment

Working...
                                X