Performance center deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Performance center deadline

I understand the "ceremonial" ground breaking will be Saturday, August 31, before the Butler game. It has nothing to do with the construction schedule but what a great day for Jackrabbit athletics. Wow, let's celebrate this (and don't forget to send another check to wrap up the project)!!

Comment

Initial bids have come in on the work: Bid Tabs here
      If correct, the bid package for Structural Steel came in $1,582,234 lower than the estimate.
      The combined bid package for metal wall panels and roofing came in $1,177,159 lower than estimates.
      Now a few items came in higher, but not significantly higher than estimates. Maybe we can see some nice add-ons and cost savings during construction.

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
        Initial bids have come in on the work: Bid Tabs here
        If correct, the bid package for Structural Steel came in $1,582,234 lower than the estimate.
        The combined bid package for metal wall panels and roofing came in $1,177,159 lower than estimates.
        Now a few items came in higher, but not significantly higher than estimates. Maybe we can see some nice add-ons and cost savings during construction.
        I think so many of us on this board had totally forgotten that the bidding was part of the process. It would have been impossible to start turning dirt without the bids being opened and accepted. It seemed like we were wasting good weather for no apparent reason, but soliciting and obtaining bids does take time. Am I surprised that no dirt has been turned? Not now. Thanks for posting the bid info.

Comment

The groundbreaking ceremony will be on August 31. http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...B_OEM_ID=15000
          "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Henry Carlson has moved in a large semi-trailer, and the building has been staked out. Checked it out this morning, and it is going to be one heck of a building! Trying to visualize 7 stories high (65 feet) will make the size look evern larger. Justin Sell is pretty confident that the contractors will meet the projected August finish. I can hardly wait.

Comment

After reading your post, I drove by. Impressive size and we are starting to form an image in our minds of what to expect to see in the near future. I am thinking a late frost. This might give more outside hours. Old man winter owes us an extended fall more time to get the steel up and enclose the building.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                Old man winter owes us an extended fall more time to get the steel up and enclose the building.
                Didn't you go to high school with old man winter? J\k. Mods please see that I am joking. Hence the smiley face and the j\k.

Anyway I tottaly agree. A nice late and mild winter would do the trick.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  Didn't you go to high school with old man winter? J\k. Mods please see that I am joking. Hence the smiley face and the j\k.

Anyway I tottaly agree. A nice late and mild winter would do the trick.
                  Yes sat by him in chem. joking of course

Comment

The biggest thing would be getting the foundations and subsequent earthwork around the foundations completed before the ground freezes. Cold weather protection for concrete work and earthwork is time consuming and expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                      The biggest thing would be getting the foundations and subsequent earthwork around the foundations completed before the ground freezes. Cold weather protection for concrete work and earthwork is time consuming and expensive.
                      I basically said the same thing in this post http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread.php?12985-Fall-Camp...&p=233380#post233380

I have a feeling they will fast track submittals for rebar and concrete to get most of the footings and foundations in before the ground freezes so they can get most of the building shell erected before significant snowfall occurs. Steel, roof panels and precast wall panels are a lot easier to place in winter than concrete.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                        This why I think old man winter owes us, with hardly any spring and then spring coming in July and early August and now its hot like summer and hopefully it will be warm through September. Hopefully enough time to get the foundations set.

Comment

I'm sure I am not the only engineer on the board that fantasizes about managing this project. Just give me a good general contractor and a resident engineer (owners representative, excuse me) from SDSU and get out of our way! It's a great day to be a Jackrabbit!!

Comment

http://www.brookingsregister.com/v2_...story_id=18594

Brookings Health System pledged $1 million today! A great announcement to build on for the ceremony tomorrow

Comment

I couldn't be there this weekend. Other than the ceremonial dirt turned with the ceremonial shovels, what has been done?
                              Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                                I couldn't be there this weekend. Other than the ceremonial dirt turned with the ceremonial shovels, what has been done?
                                They have moved some dirt, apparently no basement , the high water level no doubt prevented that, so the footings and foundation should start soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X