X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Performance center deadline

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Any updated pictures.
    Haven't seen any recent photos. Football twitter did post the following photo a few days ago.

@SDSUFootball: Closing in on the completion of the SDSU indoor. Stig http://t.co/0Qzo2M5CmB

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      Haven't seen any recent photos. Football twitter did post the following photo a few days ago.

@SDSUFootball: Closing in on the completion of the SDSU indoor. Stig http://t.co/0Qzo2M5CmB
      I drive by there on the way to Wal Mart and they are progressing with closing in of the building. So the twitter pretty much tells the story. I am little surprised by the amount of sheet metal,but building something like this out of mason material such as brick would have been doubled or more the cost of the project. It will be nice when its completed.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        I drive by there on the way to Wal Mart and they are progressing with closing in of the building. So the twitter pretty much tells the story. I am little surprised by the amount of sheet metal,but building something like this out of mason material such as brick would have been doubled or more the cost of the project. It will be nice when its completed.
        I'm guessing you are seeing insulated metal panels. It's not exactly the most expensive material, but it isn't just sheet metal either.
        Last edited by MontanaRabbit; 06-25-2014, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          I'm guessing you are seeing insulated metal panels. It's not exactly the most expensive material, but it isn't just sheet metal either.
          I could very likely see insulated metal panels I don't know and I am no expert in that area. With spending 32 million you think we would get something along that line. Its going to be a great addition to our facilities as I have stated before.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

Since I haven't seen it in person and probably won't until FB season, I'd really like to see a picture taken looking north from the south end zone. I think that's the only angle that would give the perspective that truly shows the enormity that everyone says it is. Anyone? Anyone?
            @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
            --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
              Since I haven't seen it in person and probably won't until FB season, I'd really like to see a picture taken looking north from the south end zone. I think that's the only angle that would give the perspective that truly shows the enormity that everyone says it is. Anyone? Anyone?
              It's one huge chicken coop. All the chickens in the five state area could fit in there and there still would room for all the horses in SD.

Comment

Inside photos.
                https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...8052628&type=1

Outside photos (from Assistant Coach Schleusner twitter acount)
                http://t.co/sNYDfCRA5b
                http://t.co/AFPCJ1lP7u
                http://t.co/F8DXhwuqvY

Comment

So how much is this gonna knock down a north wind?

Comment

I would think quite a bunch, but it does not take much space for the wind to whip up again. We will find out at the last two home games.

Comment

@SDSUFootball How big is the biggest indoor facility in the country? Too big to fit entirely into this picture! Wow.

https://twitter.com/SDSUFootball/sta...826048/photo/1

Comment

Wonder how much it cost to heat that monstrosity when it's -20 F outside.Might put a strain on the campus boiler?Insulation might be cheaper in the long run.Unless they keep it pretty cool inside.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                          Wonder how much it cost to heat that monstrosity when it's -20 F outside.Might put a strain on the campus boiler?Insulation might be cheaper in the long run.Unless they keep it pretty cool inside.
                          Are you suggesting they don't have any insulation in the shell of the building?

Comment

When the DakotaDome was constructed with the air inflated roof, the fiberglass roof was < 3/8" thick. (I know as I performed a time/cost/equipment study of the construction for 2 years). So it's possible that it's only lightly insulated.

It's a covered outdoors, so yes, it will probably be about 50 inside on those cold days. Hope that they incorporated solar heating and collection into the system. If it's a LEED type building then it should have the energy reductions incorporated.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                              Are you suggesting they don't have any insulation in the shell of the building?
                              No,not at all,i was merely implying the more insulation,the less the heating costs.I should have been more clear about that.

Is it the rule of conduction ,that the > the temp diff between the inside and the outside,the faster the heat transfer through materials used (steel siding)from warm to cold?Engineers?The only thing that slows this heat loss down is more insulation added.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                                No,not at all,i was merely implying the more insulation,the less the heating costs.I should have been more clear about that.

Is it the rule of conduction ,that the > the temp diff between the inside and the outside,the faster the heat transfer through materials used (steel siding)from warm to cold?Engineers?The only thing that slows this heat loss down is more insulation added.
                                That makes sense to me. I know as few of us have asked why BOR and the legislature have to approve the project when the money has come from private donations. Well, the state has the burden of paying the utilities bills as long as the facility is in use. I would guess the heating issue came up and AD and staff had the right answers, or there would be more than two no votes casted by the legislature.
                                Last edited by Nidaros; 07-03-2014, 07:37 PM. Reason: This post was made from Iphone, and my thumbs got in the way.

Comment

Working...
                                X