Performance center deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Performance center deadline

For another perspective to compare it to the grandstands (which are a little over 90 yds long), here is a pic from Coach Schleusner...https://twitter.com/LukeSchleusner/s...90470556889088

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
      When the DakotaDome was constructed with the air inflated roof, the fiberglass roof was < 3/8" thick. (I know as I performed a time/cost/equipment study of the construction for 2 years). So it's possible that it's only lightly insulated.

It's a covered outdoors, so yes, it will probably be about 50 inside on those cold days. Hope that they incorporated solar heating and collection into the system. If it's a LEED type building then it should have the energy reductions incorporated.
      I'm guessing, and I could be wrong, but the exterior is probably an insulated metal panel that is 3-4" thick. Looking at the photos there are horizontal girts every 6-8'. That's in the span range for insulated metal panels.

Comment

The building is huge. All of these pictures are nice, but they just don't do it justice. Wait until you see it this fall.
        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
          The building is huge. All of these pictures are nice, but they just don't do it justice. Wait until you see it this fall.
          Man aerial photo will probably be the best to understand how big it is.
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

When do we get to tour through it?
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

dedication will be Saturday October 11. The exterior metal is bonded to an insulation that looks to be easily 4 inches or more.

Comment

Turf, I see turf...https://twitter.com/leonmcostello/st...58427743010816

Comment

Another picture of the inside from the SDSU Baseball twitter...https://twitter.com/SDSU_Baseball/st...16073077002242

Comment

Best shot yet of the turf...https://twitter.com/leonmcostello/st...19192597053440

Comment

Good news today as well..track (one of less than a dozen 8-lane 300 meter inside tracks in the US) will be BLUE!

Comment

Updated photo gallery...https://www.facebook.com/SDSUFoundat...37986086260147

Comment

That shiny new turf will look awfully good framed with the 8 lanes of blue. Love the Rabbit at mid-field. Hopefully they are still planning to put a giant rabbit graphic on the outside (south face) as well. That looked pretty cool in the early project drawings.

Comment

I know for certain they will doing the giant rabbit head. I have av friend @ a local sign shop that is figuring out just how they are going to make it due to the specs and size.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                              That shiny new turf will look awfully good framed with the 8 lanes of blue. Love the Rabbit at mid-field. Hopefully they are still planning to put a giant rabbit graphic on the outside (south face) as well. That looked pretty cool in the early project drawings.
                              The rabbit at midfield looks a lot sharper on turf than it does on grass. That's why I liked the interlocking SD logo on the grass, not as many details so it didn't look so muddled. The rabbit will look good on the turf.

Some early drawings had details on the inside walls too. I'm guessing that is not part of the plan and was just for design on the renderings. Someone that actually knows something about engineering, design, etc. can set me straight.
                              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

What a great looking facility! One question....I realize it's a practice facility only, as far as football is concerned, but why an 80 yard field instead of 100? Does it have to do with the track?
                                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Working...
                                X