Minnesota Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Game Thread

What an awesome game by the ladies last night!

Just heard a postgame interview with AJ on the 910 and he talked about how this win just cements that there isn't an arena in the country that SDSU can't go into and feel like they comepete. It was a huge win for them last night. Major confidence boost. They are going to be beasts to play against all year long!

Just me, or does it make you smile to that we get to watch Rotert for two more years, Young for three. This team will cause serious heartburn to any coach that we play. They come with 12 strong and everyone contributes. Defensive intensity is incredible. Oh by the way, since they lead the nation in GPA for 3 straight years, it goes without saying that they are a smart bunch of players.

Kind of got the chest out this morning. A landmark day for SDSU athletics!

Now, if we can just get the sweep tonight!

Let's beat them Dogs of Gonzaga! Shoot, let's be the equivalent of Gonzaga in WBB!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

As long as we win, I don't care what she calls us . . . per Filbert--I disagree

JD's points are well taken but...imagine what fans in East Lansing or Manhattan would think if announcers committed a similar faux pas. As my wife said during the broadcast, it is one thing to be misnamed but a whole different thing to be called your most hated rival (I know, I know...many of you think that is in the past but I suspect that most here still do and will always hate USD regardless--they are just so hateable).

When the women played at Winona State in 2003, the PA announcer did the same thing. I think it is mere ignorance.

Comment

Check out this link. The Gopher fans are admitting they were beaten by the better team. They must be smart basketball fans!

http://mnwomensbb.shortstreet.net/ph...=3653&start=30

Comment

Originally posted by 91rabbit View Post
          As long as we win, I don't care what she calls us . . . per Filbert--I disagree

JD's points are well taken but...imagine what fans in East Lansing or Manhattan would think if announcers committed a similar faux pas. As my wife said during the broadcast, it is one thing to be misnamed but a whole different thing to be called your most hated rival (I know, I know...many of you think that is in the past but I suspect that most here still do and will always hate USD regardless--they are just so hateable).

When the women played at Winona State in 2003, the PA announcer did the same thing. I think it is mere ignorance.

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks Pam Borton has no repect for us? What makes it worse is we beat her team and she sends an assistant out to do the post-game interview. Kind of low IMO. She just can't stand being beaten by a team/university that she feels is inferior to the UfoM.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
              Am I the only one who thinks Pam Borton has no repect for us? What makes it worse is we beat her team and she sends an assistant out to do the post-game interview. Kind of low IMO. She just can't stand being beaten by a team/university that she feels is inferior to the UfoM.
              In her defense, she did end up coming onto the post-game show and talking about how the Jacks outplayed the UofM in the second half.
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

The U of M feels everybody is inferior to them. It's a complex they have spread across the whole university. I know everytime SDSU beats them in baseball they just can't comprehend how a mighty Big Ten university can be beaten by SDSU.
                “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

A lot of the coaches from bigger schools have other press obligations to do after the game. Her top assistant talking to the press is normal. There was no TV for this game but she came out after and talked to the radio guys.

She may not respect us but I think you are looking to much into that.

Comment

well i know for sure 3 current SDSU womens basketball players from Minnesota could have played at U of M.
                    and they all 3 chose to come to SDSU instead. and one of the reasons they chose SDSU was because they did not like minnesotas coach.
                    i don't belive she even shook the sdsu players hands after the game yesterday.

Comment

We either get called South Dakota or San Diego State so I think the S
                      ID should talk to the announcers or have it in the media quide as to what to call us. If the announcers even read the media quide. Or just call us the Jacks.jackrabbits. Personally, because we are better in most sports San Diego State should relinquish SDSU to us until they prove they are worthy of the title. After all they are the other SDSU and we are THE SDSU

Comment

It needs to get better. S Dak State, South Dakota St. Its not that hard, folks

Comment

Good write up showing good light on SDSU.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/go...L7PQLanchO7DiU
                          MISSOURI VALLEY NATION
                          http://missourivalleyfootball.com

South Dakota State University
                          http://gojacks.com

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                            We either get called South Dakota or San Diego State so I think the S
                            ID should talk to the announcers or have it in the media quide as to what to call us. If the announcers even read the media quide. Or just call us the Jacks.jackrabbits. Personally, because we are better in most sports San Diego State should relinquish SDSU to us until they prove they are worthy of the title. After all they are the other SDSU and we are THE SDSU
                            That really ticks me off. It's just laziness, I think. Last night Wayne Larrivee (anyone else totally unimpressed with the Big Ten Network?) led off his call of the game with a San Diego State, then later explained that the blue uniforms somehow confused him. Well, since San Diego State is red and black, he's still confused.

Do your homework, TV dorks. I always get the impression that these guys flip open the program five minutes before the game starts.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                            X