• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Game Thread

#3 10-02-2008, 05:36 PM
    tattoo
    Sophomore Join Date: Jan 2007

Re: Current Freshman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 91jack
    Terry said that SDSU believes they got a "steal" in Johnson. He also said the the Westergard and Sunnarborg will fight for the backup spot at center. He threw Jill Young in there too since she couldn't play last year. She is supposedly a better shooter than Rotert.

TATTOO

No question she is a better shooter than Rotert! But Rotert will be the player that makes the biggest strides this season.

Comment

tattoo
      Sophomore Join Date: Jan 2007

Re: 2008/2009 season

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As much court time as Verdagan got at SDSU her last year and a half was not productive. Her last good game was aganist the Gophers. I was hoping for better things her last two years replacing Sieler.

Jill Young may be under sized and you may not think that she played defense in High School but she is quick and that is hard to tell since she goes at one speed. People think all Louie Krogman can do is score but he is one of the better defensive players I have seen around here!

Jill Young will hit the open shot and at this level with only one person (not three girls) in her face. Sitting a year greatly helped her get ready and now we have her for 4 years!

The one that may have a huge year is ROTERT! She is a great player and had an up and down Freshman year but she will make huge strides. Incoming Freshman Venessa Johnson is coming in College Ready and will have an impact!

You are right about the biggest mark on D-1 with this team. We will lose ONE game and probably not the one we think but they will not lose a league game and would not have lost one last year if not for injuries (4 players at one time).

This team is set up for strong defense and transition basketball and will be fun to watch!

Hope this helps you out! (IMO)
      32-1

Sioux Falls, SD Season Ticket Holder

Comment

The story on GoJacks.com is here. Read the game notes at the end of the GoJacks.com story. I enjoy hearing about how when Minnesota has been in the lead at the half, they have won the game...six times this year. Well, when SDSU has been behind at the half, they've won...four times this year.

This story is linked on the Summit League's official site,...under the following headline: "SDSU Upends Nationally Ranked Minnesota."
        Last edited by JackJD; 12-10-2008, 07:55 AM.

Comment

From the ESPN comments about this game.

SDSU is now 3-0 vs the Big 10 this year, beating the top two record wise.

Jacks have beaten the top 2 in the Big 10. Now if those teams come through and play that well and finish at the top of the Big 10, even with the lack of Summit challenges, this team should hold in the top 25 in the polls (assumes a win at Gonzaga, which is the 2nd most difficult team (MD #1) Jacks will face this season).

Comment

Originally posted by tattoo View Post
            . . . quote deleted . . .
            (sotto voce) Psst! Tattoo! The quote tag is your friend!

[ quote ] and [ /quote ]
            Rremove the spaces and it becomes:
            and
            A bit more readable, and easier to figure out what chunk of your post is a quote from earlier.

Cheers!
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Pioneeer Press article:

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_11180370?source=rss

Writer just can't quite let go of SDSU's previous win vs. Minnesota--devoting almost as much of the article to that one vs. the win tonight. Heh.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                AJ talked about toughness. Who's tougher than a player who's broken her nose three times like Morgan has?
                Tough, fine but that doesn't mean she helps us. I feel she provides literally no threat offensively and that weakness may be exploited, and I feel her D is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                  I don't want to cause thread drift or smack...this is a serious comment. I think that what may be happening is the Jackrabbits are simply taking over the name South Dakota for sports identification.
                  Very good point. After all, South Dakota State begins with the state's name. In other states, the Jacks are South Dakota's team.
                  That said, great victory by the Jacks over the apparently overhyped Gophers. The Jacks will really scare people when Macie Michelson gets back, Maria Boever returns to full strength, and the team puts together two halfs. Wow. I hope the Jacks run into the Gophers in the post-season and beat them by 20. On a neutral court, that would be very possible.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by astat32 View Post
                    Tough, fine but that doesn't mean she helps us. I feel she provides literally no threat offensively and that weakness may be exploited, and I feel her D is overrated
                    I haven't seen you post anything good about Jackrabbit athletics, everything you've posted cuts down someone

Comment

Originally posted by astat32 View Post
                      You have not said one thing good about any player tonight. It's been something bad about Johnson or Meier or whoever else. Just quit posting please.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                        I haven't seen you post anything good about Jackrabbit athletics, everything you've posted cuts down someone
                        Thanks mango you beat me to it. So again, please stop posting. You haven't said anything good and it's always been about a player, etc. It isn't needed.

Comment

Thanks for the updates of the game. Had fun reading the scores, especially on page 16; ya know, where we took over the LEAD FOR GOOD!

Go JACKS
                          (from South Dakota State!)

Comment

Minnesota Daily coverage (UofM paper)

http://www.theminnesotadaily.com/200...ples-minnesota

ESPN mid major rankings (SDSU is third, note the writer gets our injured point guard wrong and makes up a fact about her returning already... )

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog...ame=ncwexperts
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

According to the Star Tribune, the Jackrabbits are "Big Ten killers". I love it. Its not in the story itself, but on the teaser on the story link on the front page.

www.startribune.com

"The Gophers women's basketball team started the night ranked No. 25 in the coaches’ poll, but fizzled out against a Big Ten killer."
                              The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

astat32 is not a typical SDSU fan (likely a student at Dakota Wesleyan in Mitchell). He is interested in following the Jackrabbits but I think he's not a student or an alum.

There's room for lots of people following the Jacks for lots of reasons and I hope he recognizes that when he throws out a dumb idea, other posters will get on him.

Comment

Working...
                                X