Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Game Thread

Borton:

What changed from great game vs. Boston College to SDSU? - I thought we played a team that was tougher than us in the last 15 minutes.

They executed great in the half-court, everybody on the team can make threes. We had some open shots that we missed. I thought they were just tougher than we were on both ends.

We have a lot of respect for SDSU, they've played a tough schedule, their versatility is one of their strengths, their big players can shoot the three . . .
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Minn coach state tougher in last five, playing a great team, tougher team on both sides state was, really doesn't want to give the Rabbits much credit, state versatility shooting and diversity beat them.

Comment

Coach Pam is on right now. Said all our girls can hit the three. Wore them down the second half. Last fifteen minutes that SDSU was the tougher team. Saying now she they had not underestimated them.
        “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          Good one
          Tyler M just said the same thing in his post game interview. Not good one, I meant about the half time speech.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by astat32 View Post
            anybody else get nervous when morgan meier enters the game?
            Nope, I think she deserves more minutes. Great defender and makes smart choices most of the time if you ask me.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

South Dakota State snaps Minnesota's winning streak
              Source: Associated Press
              Posted: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 9:58:00 PM EST
              Published: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 10:08:06 PM EST

Box score
              MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- South Dakota State beat a Big Ten team for the third time on Tuesday, downing Minnesota 65-55 at Williams Arena.

Kristin Rotert got 27 points for the Jackrabbits (9-1).

Minnesota (8-2) got 15 points from Ashley Ellis-Milan, but went ice-cold from the field in the second half to watch its eight-game winning streak come to an end.

The Gophers made just four of their first 24 shots in the second half. South Dakota State went on a 15-2 run and took the lead for good on a pair of three-point baskets by Rotert.

Jennifer Warkenthein and Jill Young each scored 10 points for South Dakota State.

Brittany McCoy scored 12 for Minnesota, which lost for the first time since its season opener at Stanford.

South Dakota State already beat two other Big Ten challengers: defeating Wisconsin 64-44 last month and edging Illinois 62-60 during a tournament in Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                Nope, I think she deserves more minutes. Great defender and makes smart choices most of the time if you ask me.
                AJ was very complementary of Morgan's addition in tense situations. Senior who steps ups and leads at the right times.

WOW what another Rotert show tonight. New personal record on pts and tres.

Comment

Morgan doesn't make me nervous at all...she's done some great things for us when we needed it.

Nobody on this team makes me nervous.

Comment

AJ talked about toughness. Who's tougher than a player who's broken her nose three times like Morgan has?
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by buschlight View Post
                      Anyone know what the attendance was? It sounded like there was quite of bit cheering when minnesota would do something good.
                      4935 from the gophers live stats

Comment

Kinda funny how everybody we have beaten this year is "having a bad night" when we play them....
                        “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Gameday View Post
                          Kinda funny how everybody we have beaten this year is "having a bad night" when we play them....
                          Good teams tend to make the other team have a bad night . . .
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Nice effort tonight ladies! I listened to the 'COO feed and it was nice to hear the compliments toward the Jacks from the Gopher announcers.

From the StarTribune:

http://www.startribune.com/sports/go...7PQLanchO7DiUX

I believe the story will continue to be updated on this same link.
                            "You trusted us"

Comment

Listening to the post-game wrapup on 'CCO. The announcer said now its time to get the A's and B's in the classroom etc etc. etc. Wonder if he knows how good we are in that, too!

Comment

The gal doing the color just mentioned that she didn't think the Summit League got an automatic bid to the tournament. I see that knowledge about the women's basketball system isn't a requirement..
                                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X