2010 Recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Recruiting

Now that SDSU has five players locked up for the 2009 class, I was wondering if there is anyone who has verbally committed out of the class of 2010 yet? If not, are there any players who have the Jackrabbits high on their list that you know about?

Re: 2010 Recruiting

This was taken from a December 12th article in the Argus on Roosevelt. Sounds like SDSU and USD may have interest in guard Shaunteva Ashley of Roosevelt. Two of the three comparisons are future Jacks:

Leading the way is junior point guard Shaunteva Ashley, who has started since her freshman year and led last year's team in scoring, assists and steals.

"She's a special player and our leader on the floor," said Clark of Ashley, who has drawn interest from in-state Division I schools as well as Iowa, Creighton and Drake.

"We're always going to look for 'Teva.' She's our Emily Schulte (O'Gorman) or Ashley Eide (Washington) or Tara Heiser (Watertown). We'll work the ball through her."

Comment

More on Ashley:

http://www.ksfypigskinpreview.com/PTPersBBashley.html

http://gbbrecruit.blogspot.com/2007/...idersiowa.html

Comment

Last Friday (Jan 9th) both Coach Melum and Coaches from USD were at the SF Lincoln vs. Sturgis BBall game. I am guessing they were there to look at Carsey Barden (5'11'' Guard) from Sturgis. She is on the "Players to Watch" on KSFY Basketball Preview.

http://www.ksfypigskinpreview.com/PTPersBB.html

Comment

Barden is the real deal. Lots of fun to watch.
          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
            Barden is the real deal. Lots of fun to watch.
            very good player.

Comment

How many scholarships will there be for the 2010 class? I am thinking 3. Hopefully some of them will verbal soon. I know it's early but last year at this time we had our share.

Comment

I just heard on KWSN that Gabby Boever verballed to SDSU over the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                  I just heard on KWSN that Gabby Boever verballed to SDSU over the weekend.
                  I was expecting that. Have a friend in Windom who has been watching SDSU watch Gabby.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

thats a great grab....

Comment

Gabby is a very good player,although completely different than Maria.Gabby plays point guard,and can bring the ball upcourt faster (and under control ) than any point I've seen,including Macie.She also has extremely quick hands on defense - the player she is guarding can be past her,and she can still manages to get the steal.Her shooting can be streaky,but that has been improving.She will fit right in with the up-tempo,pressure defense scheme at SDSU

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        I was expecting that. Have a friend in Windom who has been watching SDSU watch Gabby.
                        Maria's sister?

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                          Maria's sister?
                          That would be the only Gabby Boever I am aware of. She plays at Worthington HS in MN. My understanding is that SDSU has had an interest in her since she was in 8th or 9th grade. If she has a work ethic and understanding of the game anything like Maria's I welcome her with open arms.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

For what its worth, Craig and John were talking about this on their afternoon show and said Gabby also had offers from Creighton and Drake and had interest from some Big 10 schools.

Comment

Here's a link to John Gaskin's commentary on Gabby and SDSU womens basketball.

http://www.kwsn.com/

Also listening to KWSN right now, could Craig Mattick be a bigger jerk. He keeps going on and on about how juniors shouldn't commit. Come on Craig in a couple of months she'll be a senior, when should she commit?

Comment

Working...
                              X