WNIT Round One: Creighton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WNIT Round One: Creighton

Just got word that there will be a FREE webcast on GoJacks.com and the game will be on 910 and wnax 570 for the WNIT round one game against the Blue Jays!!

Also: There will be some form of an SDSU Pep Band at Frost!!

Go Jacks!!
    Last edited by propar80; 03-19-2008, 12:58 PM.
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

To perform the same test as an earlier poster, I did a mock order for 10 tickets. I was denied in my request for 10 adult GA tickets. However, I was successful when I tried 5 tickets. My jackrabbit education tells me there's not many tickets left.

Comment

I just tried 9 and it would have accepted my earlier order of 5 PLUS the order of 9. So, I'm a little confused. Evidently, there are still some left.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitinTea View Post
          I just tried 9 and it would have accepted my earlier order of 5 PLUS the order of 9. So, I'm a little confused. Evidently, there are still some left.
          They are probably limiting ticket orders (I can only order 8 tickets for a Hawkeye game). I wouldn't be surprised that they do the same with the tickets for the game.
          Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
          -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Picked up my tickets this afternoon. They said sales had been very steady throughout the day, but not running short yet.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I still think we can expect a large walk up crowd as that remains the way a lot of people choose to purchase a ticket.

Comment

I'm thinking 5000 fans in Frost will be a sucessful draw with it being Spring Break and the first night of the Men's NCAA Tourney.

I've got to be honest...for about 2 minutes I thought of staying home and watching March Madness on television and listening to the Jacks game on the radio. I haven't missed the night portion of the Thursday first-round in probably 20 years. But those 2 minutes passed and my wife and I will be there cheering as loud as they'll let us!!

Thank God for TIVO!! And to Mr. Announcer...NO updates for the Men's tourney at the game please!

Go Jacks!!
                SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

I hope the rain/snow forcast doesn't hamper the attendance. I just want this to be a full house. I just looked online and it shows rain changing to snow, but it looks like the temps might stay enough above freezing that it won't be an issue. If anything might have to be careful on the way back to Sioux Falls after the game.
                  The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

I'll play the eternal pessimist (I know, that's a stretch) on why attendance may lack a little bit:
                    1. NCAA tournament - many will stay home, watch the NCAA's on TV and the WNIT game online. It's a win-win.
                    2. The "Been-There-Done-That" factor - our women excelled last year in the WNIT so there may be some fans who will wait for a later round game under the assumption that the Jacks will continue hosting.
                    3. Spring Break keeps the student crowd down

All that being said, I hope for a good turn out backing the Lady Jacks. I hope to be watching online.
                    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

If anything keeps this from selling out it will be a low student turnout. Just too many kids gone on break. A hit in attendance has to be expected. I'm not sure what we bid for attendance, hopefully we can match it, so we don't take a loss. Assuming we win Thursday and host on Monday, that game will fill up for sure though.

Comment

I can't imagine anyone that was a part of that atmosphere last year not wanting to be back again this year! That was the most exciting couple of women's games as SDSU has ever had. It was as good as some of the old "regional" D2 tournaments the men hosted (the women were in but up in ND).

This team has a better chance to go deep into this tournament than last year. More depth, more balance, and more athletic. They are going to be a nightmare for other teams because you aren't going to run them out of gas. The further they go in the tournament the bigger a factor that will be!

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Why is the Argus Leader saying the game is tonight?

Comment

well i wounder if we will top minnesota's NIT crowd. For tue's night game they drew 3882

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/boxsco...d=200803180363

Comment

Originally posted by jacks nl View Post
                              well i wounder if we will top minnesota's NIT crowd. For tue's night game they drew 3882

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/boxsco...d=200803180363
                              I will wager the farm and say yes!
                              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

New bracket sheets up on WNIT site (at least new since I viewed them earlier), and they have nothing but good news, I believe for the Jacks. Only three of the 16 brackets do not have time, day and place for the second round. One is at TCU, but no time or day set. The other two are ours and the Arkansas Little Rock vs. Southern Miss bracket with the bye to Mississippi State.

Both of those brackets list and either/or for the second round. I am even more convinced that means SDSU wins/Marquette comes here, Creighton wins, they go to Marquette. And for the other bracket, Southern Miss wins, they get Mississippi State at home, or if Arkansas/LR wins, they go to Mississippi State. We will know tomorrow night, as both brackets have Thursday night games.

GO JACKS!!

Comment

Working...
                                X