Women's NIT 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women's NIT 2008

I'll put up this sticky thread in hope/anticipation that the Jacks will make the field.

Selection Monday is March 17, some time after the NCAA field is announced. For what it's worth, here's the WNIT's web site:
    http://www.womensnit.com/

Let's get in, host some games, beat some teams, and have a Rabbit-good time!
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Women's NIT 2008

I think it's a forgone conclusion we make the WNIT again this year....Now it's just a matter of seeding and whether we get a bye or not. I've actually heard we may not, even if we deserve one, b/c of our ability to generate revenue for the WNIT with our crowds....What a catch 22 -- the Lady Bunnys are very deserving of a bye but b/c of Rabbit Nation being so damn good, we're may have to win another game to win it all! O well, good problem to have

GO RABBITS!!
    Live & Breath Yellow, Bleed Blue! GO RABBITS!

Comment

Originally posted by BornBredBunny View Post
      I think it's a forgone conclusion we make the WNIT again this year....Now it's just a matter of seeding and whether we get a bye or not. I've actually heard we may not, even if we deserve one, b/c of our ability to generate revenue for the WNIT with our crowds....What a catch 22 -- the Lady Bunnys are very deserving of a bye but b/c of Rabbit Nation being so damn good, we're may have to win another game to win it all! O well, good problem to have

GO RABBITS!!
      That sounds like it would mean home games then, and that is so good.

Comment

If there are any away games I hope there's an organized bus trip. It'd be really cool to see two or three buses following the girls.

Go Jacks!!

Comment

With one more conference win, we lock up the regular season championship, and the WNIT autobid, since we can't compete in the Summit Tourney, nor NCAA field.

Regarding getting a bye to the 2nd round, we're not coming in as an at-large, like we did last year. There may be additional pressure due to that leading to being in the first round.

Personally, if it opens another packed game at FROST, I'm all for it. Generally speaking the WNIT is more advantageous to well backed teams than the NCAA's as they are more likely to get home games. These Jacks have proven that Frost is a big homecourt advantage. If we hadn't had the misfortune of being bracketed with the ONLY team that was outdrawing the Jacks in the first two rounds of the WNIT last year, we may have received more games at home.

I think SDSU has a GREAT shot at hosting at least 3 rounds, then it's who's left that will guarantee over Frost capacity, and are they willing to bid higher.

I'd love to see Jacks win the WNIT title at home!!!!

Picked third in Pre-season Summit pole.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
            Picked third in Pre-season Summit pole.
            Hehe, I forgot about that little fact, and now it makes me smile and giggle a little inside.
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by rodrawks View Post
              Hehe, I forgot about that little fact, and now it makes me smile and giggle a little inside.
              Its great as fans to think ahead to the WNIT. I know AJ and the players are focused on the next game and the end of the Summit League season. We need to win out and roll into the post-season.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

i really think we can go far in the wnit.
                we have hit our hot streak at the perfect time and if we are at home i don't see anyone knocking us off so thats good
                i could maybe see us have to go back to wisconsin again
                with their record they might be in the wnit. they also draw more than us so they would prolly outbid us. i went there in december and it was a great atmosphere and it be fun if their was a huge jacks cheering section there
                but i guess we won't know until the brackets are set up
                but i would definately prefer to just stay at home throughout the whole tournament

Comment

I like the idea of a "hot streak". The only problem with that will be taking time off during conference tourney's. Will it get us healthy(Kristen)? Probably! Will it throw us off a little? Maybe!
                  I think we'll be good enough to win in the 1st round at home and I like playing that game. I know it's an extra game to win the WNIT but I don't see us losing at home in the 1st couple rounds. If they don't win that game, they probably wouldn't win the tourney anyway. Teams in the WNIT don't have 2 weeks off and will be playing solid ball. A home game against a "weaker??" team can't hurt.

Comment

I hope we don't play a first round game. I got word of the dates for the first round and it would be the 19th-21st, which is during spring break. There would be no student population at the game.

Comment

The 2nd round (Mar. 22-24) is also during spring break. Spring break is a lot later this year because they decided to combine spring break and easter break. Students get out this year on Friday, Mar. 14th and don't have to return until Tuesday, Mar. 25th.

While I agree there won't be many students there, we will not have any trouble selling out Frost Arena after last year's excitement.

Comment

My only spring break plans are to watch the wnit.

Comment

Well I hope we keep winning and getting home games! I already made my deposit on an alternative spring break to New Orleans...shoot! I never even thought of WNIT!
                          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Wyoming played in the first round last year and won the whole thing playing all of their games at home. I hope we do the same thing this year.

Comment

Not official yet, but looks like with tonight's Oakland win over WIU, we will be in......

http://blogs.argusleadermedia.com/sports/
                              “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                              X