Women's NIT 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Women's NIT 2008

Wow, guess I need to read through the subjects a little harder....didn't see the new thread.
    “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Comment

TV's Tuesday Tidbits in regards to the WNIT. This is on the Argus's new site. Give TV some help and re-bookmark the new argus.com page and get signed up. We've got some good-will going with the Argus as of late, and a lot has to do with us clicking into TV's blog 2000 times a day!!
      http://beta.argusleader.com/apps/pbc...Id=personaDest

There's about 5 or 6 of these teams that I can see us not beating out as far as a bid goes.
      But the WNIT knows that we will get at least 5500 in Frost for every game if not 6K!!

Go Jacks!!
      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
        TV's Tuesday Tidbits in regards to the WNIT. This is on the Argus's new site. Give TV some help and re-bookmark the new argus.com page and get signed up. We've got some good-will going with the Argus as of late, and a lot has to do with us clicking into TV's blog 2000 times a day!!
        http://beta.argusleader.com/apps/pbc...Id=personaDest

There's about 5 or 6 of these teams that I can see us not beating out as far as a bid goes.
        But the WNIT knows that we will get at least 5500 in Frost for every game if not 6K!!

Go Jacks!!
        purdue, wiscosin, kansas, and maybe drake are the teams that have a shot at out bidding us for home sites. The average attence of the other schools listed is much lower than ours despite having larger arena's so we should have an advantage there i would think.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsurulz08 View Post
          purdue, wiscosin, kansas, and maybe drake are the teams that have a shot at out bidding us for home sites. The average attence of the other schools listed is much lower than ours despite having larger arena's so we should have an advantage there i would think.
          Just a couple of other points. The WNIT is the pinnacle for the end of our season. For the other schools its an alternative to the ulitmate appearance in the NCAA tourney. Our fans have demonstrated the interest and will again sell out Frost. Thats not a guaruntee with the other programs even if their regular season numbers were better than ours. They weren't looking for a WNIT bid at the beginning of the season, we were. I will be VERY disappointed if we don't host a game in the WNIT. I think the relationship we have fostered with triple crown sports depends at least partly and that assurance. If we are in, we host.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsurulz08 View Post
            Average attendance is one thing but how much our bid is compared to the school we are facing is much more important. If a school like Creighton (who's attendance is lower than ours) decides they really want to host a WNIT game, they can simply put a bid in for a lot of money regardless of what they think the projected attandence is. Essentially they are padding their bid with money out of their own pocket. We had the same discussion last year and it hasn't changed for this year.

Comment

SDSU has apparently built a reasonably good working relationship with Triple Crown (witness both our men's and women's teams being included in their Cancun tournament next Thanksgiving).

That can't hurt, when Triple Crown is deciding who they want to host WNIT games.
              Last edited by filbert; 02-26-2008, 04:58 PM. Reason: "teams" is not spelled with an initial "g" :-(
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

We were the #2 attendence through the first 3 rounds of the WNIT last year. Unfortunately, Wyoming was #1, and had a larger facility.

Purdue/Wisconsin/Kansas/Drake? may be able to outbid us for later rounds, but if we pack them in again in rounds 1 & 2, I can't see Triple Sports losing out on one of their best money makers.

WE KNOW THAT WE'LL BE IN THE WNIT!!!! Most of the other teams don't. If the SDSU athletic dept. is flooded with demand for tickets, that they can translate into approaching Triple Sports to host.

If you want to support hosting WNIT games, get your orders in!!!! Even if not accepted, it will demonstrate the demand.

On a side note, this second showing of great support could be the ticket to getting NCAA first round games into South Dakota sometime in the 10's.

Big dreams, but a goal that we have already forwarded with the Summit Conference in Sioux Falls in 09 & 10.

Comment

For those of you with facebook:
                  http://sdstate.facebook.com/event.php?eid=8882527866

Comment

Do you think after it sells out they might decide to put it on TV, maybe ksfy? They seem to be a big supporter of us. I mean it would be smart and continue to provide exposure, but only though after it sells out.

Comment

I've already told the athletic department I'll pick up my six season tickets for any and all Frost Arena WNIT games.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

that would be great if the WNit from Frost was on KSFY. I might have to drop them an email about that and see what they say. the SDSU NDSU mens and womens game from frost were originally going to be on KSFY. I don't know what happened though

Comment

Updated RPI rankings - we are 57.

http://www.realtimerpi.com/rpi_Women.html
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Speaking of RPI, I hope our conference can improve over the next couple of years. Oakland is the next highest RPI at 147. We have four teams in the conference between 299 and 336.

That has to improve if there is going to be a shot at an at-large bid in the NCAA Tournament. Right now the conference tournament winner is the only one that would get in. It's just hard to think that if we have a year like this next year but got beat in the tournament that we would probably be out of the NCAA.

Congrats on a great year ladies! Good luck in the WNIT! I can't wait!

SUPERBUNNY
                            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

If you click on the link for SDSU it gives their schedule and opponents RPI ranking. We played some good teams early in the season and lost some close games when we were 4 players short. I'm guessing the outcome could be a little different if we played them again, may get the chance against Wisconsin in the WNIT.

George Washington (24-5, 24 RPI) we lost 60-65
                              Utah (25-3, 17 RPI) we lost 59-67
                              Wisconsin (16-12, 66 RPI) we lost 62-66

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                                If you click on the link for SDSU it gives their schedule and opponents RPI ranking. We played some good teams early in the season and lost some close games when we were 4 players short. I'm guessing the outcome could be a little different if we played them again, may get the chance against Wisconsin in the WNIT.

George Washington (24-5, 24 RPI) we lost 60-65
                                Utah (25-3, 17 RPI) we lost 59-67
                                Wisconsin (16-12, 66 RPI) we lost 62-66
                                I think we'd win at least two of those games if we replayed them today. Those early injuries and the associated confusion about roles really hurt us in that stretch.
                                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                                X