Women's NIT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Women's NIT

Texas Tech turned down the bid to the WNIT. Maybe thats why Illinois got in.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/ncaato...ory?id=2367655

Comment

You gotta love it! First yr of eligibility and your team is on the bubble as an independent! It shows the NIT is a legit shot for both SUs mens and womens teams. Congratulations on a great season!

www.bisonsports.net

www.gobison.com

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
        Yup, it looks to me as well that we were bumped for Illinois.

We were very close.  A game or two going the other way and we may have made the field.

Now we know what needs to be done.
        Filbert - Was the summary of RPI indexes the closest to what actually shook out, or was another index better? Curious Rabbits would like to know!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit

Filbert - Was the summary of RPI indexes the closest to what actually shook out, or was another index better? Curious Rabbits would like to know!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
          You know, I haven't looked at the RPI vs. the other rankings. At the end I was using the http://www.vaporia.com/sports/wcpage.html average of all of the ratings. That had four teams which should have been in the NCAA that weren't (and therefore four which by rating shouldn't have been in the field that were in the NCAA).

It looks like two teams "should" have been in the NIT field but weren't: Texas Tech and Montana. Tech declined the invitation as their coach, who has health problems, decided not to go to the NIT. Of the teams which didn't make it, their ordered ranking in the most recent Vaporia rating are:
          Montana
          Kent State
          SDSU
          Arkansas St.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I see Marquette plays at Kansas State tonight at 7pm CT in the WNIT championship game. Nice to see an opponent who we were leading at halftime playing for a championship. Kind of makes you wonder what we could have done if would have we got in. >

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFallsJack
              I see Marquette plays at Kansas State tonight at 7pm CT in the WNIT championship game.  Nice to see an opponent who we were leading at halftime playing for a championship.  Kind of makes you wonder what we could have done if would have we got in. >
              Final's WNIT Results here:

http://www.womensnit.com/06%20PostBracket.pdf

Won by RPI #40 K-St, against #43 Marquette, after surviving against #39 WKU. Other final four WNIT #54.

Schools in two tourneys should be searched for OOC.

Best of Luck to AJ/Women, and thanks again for a GREAT SEASON!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                According to this link there are 32 teams in the Women's NIT.
                http://www.womensnit.com/photo.htm
                Completely different teams.

Comment

Originally posted by SE174 View Post
                  Completely different teams.
                  ???This thread is about 8 yrs old ????

Comment

At least his post made no sense. lol

Comment

• Re: Women's NIT

*facepalm*
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to filbert again.

Comment

Well, technically, SE174 is correct...the teams ARE completely different than they were 7 years ago.

Very adroit observation. Rep pts given.
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFallsJack View Post
                            I see Marquette plays at Kansas State tonight at 7pm CT in the WNIT championship game. Nice to see an opponent who we were leading at halftime playing for a championship. Kind of makes you wonder what we could have done if would have we got in. >
                            Simple mistake,you must look at dates,or there are fine individuals who will mock you for it.
                            Makes them feel important.Sorry....no skin off my nose...but once is enough pointing out how old this event was...right?Any one that has Jack in their name does'nt deserve mockery,or rep points ,do they Jacks fans?
                            Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-03-2013, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                              Simple mistake,you must look at dates,or there are fine individuals who will mock you for it.
                              Makes them feel important.Sorry....no skin off my nose...but once is enough pointing out how old this event was...right?Any one that has Jack in their name does'nt deserve mockery,or rep points ,do they Jacks fans?
                              One of us is confused.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                                One of us is confused.
                                Not me...oops ,on further review, it is me....giving advice about checking dates....and not following my own advice,after i get eveything in context,i see no mockery intended,thought i was supporting a fellow Jacks fan is all,my misjudgement ,sorry to all....really sorry.
                                Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-03-2013, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X