Women's NIT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women's NIT

According to this link there are 32 teams in the Women's NIT.
    http://www.womensnit.com/photo.htm

Re: Women's NIT

Interesting last nights opponent Texas A&M Corpus Christi lost by two points in the 3rd round and Kentucky who we beat last year and this year lost in overtime in the semi-finals. I would love to see what the Jacks could do in this tournament. I bet we would fill Frost with a home game!

Comment

Here is a link to the RPI Ratings for Women's B-Ball.

http://web1.ncaa.org/app_data/weeklyrpi/Wrpi1.html

Currently the Jacks are 125th but the ranking are from the 13th.

Hopefully, the Jacks can win out and we get a shot to play in the tournament. That would be a big shot in the arm for all of the programs at State. Look what the win at Wisconsin has done for NDSU!

It would be fantastic to get a chance to host a game!

Not sure how often the RPI changes.

SUPERBUNNY

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

It comes out every tuesday at around 5:00, I think.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Here's the Jeff Sagarin/Cbn RPI pole. Lady Rabbit's at 82.

//www.rpiratings.com/womrate.htm

Middle TN is 79, Neb 64, Wis 91. Don't know why this RPI is off from the NCAA's

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit
            Here's the Jeff Sagarin/Cbn RPI pole. Lady Rabbit's at 82.

//www.rpiratings.com/womrate.htm

Middle TN is 79, Neb 64, Wis 91. Don't know why this RPI is off from the NCAA's
            RPI is based only on win-loss percentages with minor correction for home/away. Sagarin's and others take into account margin of victory.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

The women are at 111 on the NCAA RPI.
              The moved up 14 places from last week.
              If we can win out I think we'd have a good chance of getting an invite.

Comment

SDSU Women's Basketball current ranking/rating/RPI

http://web1.ncaa.org/app_data/weeklyrpi/Wrpi1.html

Rates SDSU 111

http://www.rpiratings.com/womrate.htm

Rates SDSU 85

http://www.dolphinsim.com/ratings/ncaa_wbb/

Rates SDSU 86

http://teamrankings.com/ncw/

Rates SDSU 83

Go Jacks!

Comment

In picking teams for WNIT I don't think the WNIT takes teams unless they have a winning record. I thought I read that somewhere, but can't recall. Perhaps someone can confirm.

I usually look at the Sagarin ratings because it takes into consideration strength of schedule, road victories and other factors. The NCAA rating that we see is based on Win-Loss, but the actual ratings used is a modified NCAA rating and you have to either pay or be a member of the NCAA to see it (I think).

Anyway according to the Sagarin ratings the following teams have a near .500 record and are rated near or just above SDSU.

RPI Team Record
                  45 Texas Tech 13-12
                  52 Texas 13-12
                  65 Mississippi 14-12
                  68 Oregon 14-13
                  72 Penn. St. 12-14
                  73 Auburn 13-13
                  75 Geo. Tech 13-13
                  76 Arkansas 13-13
                  77 Oregon St. 12-13
                  78 Illinois 13-13
                  89 Wake Forest 12-14

SDSU is currently ranked 83 in the Sagarin ratings and is projected to finish 77. Another factor in picking the WNIT is how you did in your last 10 games and if we win out, we would be 9-1.

In the NCAA rankings, of the teams rated between 80 and 111, SDSU is rated 111, only 11 teams have a winning record on the road. SDSU is one of the 11 teams. This would also improve our chances, I hope.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

I realize this is about the WNIT, but this is an excerpt from this weeks Sporting News about  the Men's NIT, don't know if this applies to WNIT.

"The NCAA's announcement that it would not have a rule barring sub 500 teams from the postseason NIT should not be taken as a warning that dreadful major conference teams will be lining the field.  Although a min. 500 record was a standard for the previous NIT committee, it was not a written rule, and the NCAA wanted that clarified now that it is running the event.  This is consisten with the NCAA tourney, which accepts sub 500 teams when they are auto qualifers.   And with the new rule that says conference regular-season champtions that don't make the NCAA's will find a place in the NIT, some losing teams might earn their way in.  Occassionaly teams in the lower-rated leagues finish with overall losing records becausethey play the majority of their nonconference games on the road."

If this does apply to WNIT then a team like Coppin State in the Mid Eastern Conference that wins the regualar season champtionship but then falls in the conference tourney would get a spot in the WNIT even though their RPI is much, much lower than SDSU.  Jackson State out of the SWAC is another example. The NCAA is trying to award lower level one bid conferences a chance at post season play if the regualar season champ chokes in  the conference tourney. I think a year or two ago some team from an east coast conference went undefeated in regular season, lost in conference tourney and failed to get a NIT bid.  

EDIT: Disregard, now realize the Wnit is run by different organization.

Comment

You do need a winning record in order to qualify for the NIT.

Comment

I have been told you need a winning record to gain an invite into the tournament. I think UC Riverside will give us a game but, the Jacks will prevail and an invite will be in the mail.

I hope the Administration truly understands the challenges any team faces in D-I basketball and an invitation to the WNIT is extremely difficult. Bidding and getting the bid for a home game would certainly be a plus for the D-I decision, probably bring back some donors, and reward an SDSU team that has tremendous players (on and off the court) along with a Coaching staff that has elevated the players to the D-I level.

Come on Peggy - Fred, let's get a first round home game if we get the invitation - this team deserves it.

Comment

Great article about making the WNIT and it future....

http://www.womensbasketballonline.com/hw/wbca/wnit.html

GO JACKS!!!

Comment

If the Jacks got an opportunity to host an NIT game do you think we could fill Frost Arena? I believe we would if given the chance.

Comment

There was a large crowd at Frost for the NDSU game.

I would hope the place would be full for any playoff game at the DI level.

I hope we have a chance to find out!

Go Jacks!

Comment

Working...
                              X