Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argus has an article about the game between O'Gorman and Tea where future Jackrabbits Vasecka and Abdouch competed with the result of a win for O'Gorman.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

• Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
      This is an attempt by NCAA to keep the top tier football programs from bolting the NCAA and forming their own league. There has been rumblings for a year or so that 9 figure dollar sums could be generated to form an independent college football league. Under NCAA rules the Alabamas, Georgias, Michigans, USCs, etc. could drop NCAA football and retain other NCAA sports. They could then form a separate football league.

This NCAA proposal would allow the new football league within the NCAA, while attempting to maintain equity for other sports at those schools. It may or may not work. One or two billion dollars goes a long way to support 30 or so college football programs.
      NCAA's recent against Tennessee's "NIL inducement" seems an election-year push for Congress to legislate Charlie Baker's vision for re-structure.
      Link: https://www.usnews.com/news/sports/a...-investigation

Maybe just another step towards suicide by lawsuit.

Recall that U of Minn cut tennis, track, and gymnastics in 2020. The football/TV dollars may not pay for all other sports once a new NCAA evolves. Taking the under on a 10-year shake-out bet, including Power 4/5 WBB.
      Last edited by GrandpaLee; 02-27-2024, 08:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OldHare View Post
        Argus has an article about the game between O'Gorman and Tea where future Jackrabbits Vasecka and Abdouch competed with the result of a win for O'Gorman.

YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RsSfvELoTw

Comment

• Three recruits play tonight in the SD Class A second round - should not a Division One signee, by herself, have sufficient "game" to advance her team to the state tournament?

Just asking for a friend.

MVP AT WAGNER - EMILY FOX

EPJ AT TEA AREA - KATIE VASECKA

SIOUX VALLEY AT FLANDREAU - CLAIRE SHEPARD

Comment

• Out of sheer curiosity, how do you guys rank the 5 new recruits? (1-5)
            Last edited by 98Jackfarmer; 02-22-2024, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
              Out of sheer curiosity, how do you guys rank the 5 new recruits? (1-5)
              1. Vasecka
              2. Fox
              3. Abdouch
              4. Sheppard
              5. Dunn
              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Out of sheer curiosity, how do you guys rank the 5 new recruits? (1-5)
                From the one game each that I saw on YouTube, I predict that two will finish their career in DII, one will be an immediate impact, the other two will be good players for the Jacks.

Comment

• Originally posted by RochJack69 View Post

From the one game each that I saw on YouTube, I predict that two will finish their career in DII, one will be an immediate impact, the other two will be good players for the Jacks.
                  Hopefully, they will avoid the injury bug.

Comment

• Vasecka and Sheppard square off on night one in the late game in Brookings.

Comment

• AJ just posted "It's a great day to be a Jackrabbit". Any guesses?

Comment

AJ just posted "It's a great day to be a Jackrabbit". Any guesses?
                        The roster for next year is pretty balanced position wise, so don't think there is really a position of need. Haven't closely followed commits for the class of 25, but I believe we have a post from North Dakota committed ?

Comment

• Looked back at the Class of 2025 thread and it showed 3 offers - 6'2 Hadley Thul from Alexandria MN , 6'2 McKenna Johnson from Mandan,ND and 5'11 Libby Fandel from Cedar Rapids, IA. The last post there was in June, so things certainly could have changed since then.

Comment

• What year is the Koupal girl?
                            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

• Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                              What year is the Koupal girl?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

The roster for next year is pretty balanced position wise, so don't think there is really a position of need. Haven't closely followed commits for the class of 25, but I believe we have a post from North Dakota committed ?
                                Brooklynn Felchle is the commit you are referring to. I believe she is our only verbal commit beyond the class of '24

Comment

Working...
                                X