Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I forgot about Macie Michelson. I loved watching her play defense, she really got after people.
    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

• Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
      I forgot about Macie Michelson. I loved watching her play defense, she really got after people.
      She was one of my favorites on those teams. Her energy seemed to help both the offense side and really on defense. those were fun balanced teams for sure.

"The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

If you look at 2.000 and 3,000 scorers, many play at small schools where they were starters on varsity in the 8th or 9th grade, and didn't consistently play a high quality schedule. Perfect examples were former Jack Anders Broman and his brother who broke national scoring records but were never very successful in college, at least at the upper levels. They mostly played against small charter schools which allowed them to pile up incredible stats against poorer competition.

Note: Minnesota plays 18-minute halves AND 24 games per season = 864 minutes of game time.
        South Dakota plays 8-minute quarters AND 20 games per season = 640 minutes of game time.

Big potential for more career points in those 224-minutes' difference; then, add in playoff minutes ..... Oof Daa ....

Comment

• Quite the story on incoming recruit Mahli Abdouch and her recent battle with Guillain-Barre. She’s a fighter and sounds like she has recovered fully.

https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...su/9159793002/

Comment

• Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
            Brooklyn Meyer on paper may be the best to ever to commit to SDSU.
            Watching Markowski, who originally committed to the Jacks, starting as a freshman for Nebraska and beating Iowa in Carver Hawkeye. How is Meyer rated as a recruit compared to Markowski ? Similar skill set ?

Comment

Watching Markowski, who originally committed to the Jacks, starting as a freshman for Nebraska and beating Iowa in Carver Hawkeye. How is Meyer rated as a recruit compared to Markowski ? Similar skill set ?
              It’s a shame we lost her. She could have ripped a “Titanic” sized hole in the Summit League. (Sigh)

Comment

Markowski will probably be the Big Ten freshmen of the year. The way Nebraska swooped in and took her from us still is shady to me. AJ once again saw something special before any bigger schools did.

Comment

• Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post

It’s a shame we lost her. She could have ripped a “Titanic” sized hole in the Summit League. (Sigh)
                  You lol'ed at my comment during the Omaha game when I called their post a road grader. That's what I thought about Markowski when I saw her, but she stepped out and hit a couple 3's during the short time I watched during halftime of the football game. She makes a big difference in how the opposing team has to defend.

Comment

I wanted to see them both on the court together someday, that would have been special, plus all our other recruits coming in, we would have been untouchable by any Summit team. Wasn't meant to be.We will be good regardless.

Comment

• Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post

YESSSSS i have said a lot about this in the past, but yes i believe she would have been a BIG difference maker. i think it is hard to predict and i definitely could be wrong, but i think probably Alexis is a little more polished on the offensive end, where Brooklyn might be a little more ready to be a game changer on the defensive end immediately. i think they both can and will be successful on both ends of the floor but in my semi lacking knowledge of the situation, i think that is the difference between the two

both difference makers! one more polished on offense to begin and one more polished on D.

it is annoying that she went to UNL because she is going to do a LOT of losing there and i guarantee she would have played in more NCAA tourney games as a rabbit then she will as a husker

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

YESSSSS i have said a lot about this in the past, but yes i believe she would have been a BIG difference maker. i think it is hard to predict and i definitely could be wrong, but i think probably Alexis is a little more polished on the offensive end, where Brooklyn might be a little more ready to be a game changer on the defensive end immediately. i think they both can and will be successful on both ends of the floor but in my semi lacking knowledge of the situation, i think that is the difference between the two

both difference makers! one more polished on offense to begin and one more polished on D.

it is annoying that she went to UNL because she is going to do a LOT of losing there and i guarantee she would have played in more NCAA tourney games as a rabbit then she will as a husker
                        Are you so sure? They are 13-4 starting 2 Sophomores and 3 Freshman.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelSD View Post

very good! maybe and hopefully they will get it going. i would love to see that entire athletic program get moving in a positive direction once again

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelSD View Post

But they're 2-4 in conference (with two losses to Hawkeyes), so they'll have a tough row to hoe to make it to March Madness

Comment

• Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

But they're 2-4 in conference (with two losses to Hawkeyes), so they'll have a tough row to hoe to make it to March Madness
                              I guess we will revisit this conversation in a few weeks. I honestly don’t care one way or another, but they sure look to be having a successful season with an extremely young team.

Comment

You lol'ed at my comment during the Omaha game when I called their post a road grader. That's what I thought about Markowski when I saw her, but she stepped out and hit a couple 3's during the short time I watched during halftime of the football game. She makes a big difference in how the opposing team has to defend.
                                I was in complete agreement with you! To continue on with the road grader theme when talking about those two, one is a 1960's Galion, the other is a 2022 Cat/Deere!

Comment

Working...
                                X