Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota at Frost

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
    I hope Banham plays. Pam Bortan doesn't need another excuse on why they lost to SDSU again.
    Excuse already implied by the article with
    "Banham has a foot sprain and is expected to play with pain on Thursday"( I assume they mean not 100%)

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
      "Banham has a foot sprain and is expected to play with pain on Thursday"( I assume they mean not 100%)
      Run her hard early press only her drive on her. Put a Maul (wedge) in the crack of their weakness and hammer it!

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
        Run her hard early press only her drive on her. Put a Maul (wedge) in the crack of their weakness and hammer it!
        They might try and take the pressure off Banham early and try and use the Big girl to score inside.I guess we won't really know their game plan til it starts to unfold,but fun to speculate anyway.

I really don't see Banham slowing down much,the competitor that she is.Can't focus on only one player,but it sure would limit their offense a lot if she's not as effective as she usually is, providing the player that scored 22 points after Banham went down doesn't continue to play inspired ball.We play defense like we have been,it will be extremely hard for any team to score on us.

Comment

Banham is the core for this club. she averages 22 pg on 42% shooting. she averages 3.8 assists and 2.3 turnovers and 3.8 rebounds. The gophers may be low in numbers, but they have some size to play with a 6'5" freshman starting at center with 11.6 boards, 14.8 points, 3 blocks, and 3.4 turnovers per game. There are a couple more 6'2" players and a gal 6'1". They have won quite a few games with the 7 & 8 person rotation. If Banham plays at 75%, she will offer a challenge for the defense. It ought to be a great game at Frost. Go Jacks!!
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I called the ticket office right at 1:00. An automated message said that they were experiencing a "high volume of calls" an instructed me to leave my name and number for a call-back. It took 45 minutes to get a call. The ticket agent said that all the lower-level seats were gone "in the first 5 minutes". I was able to get a pair of upper-level reserved near center court in row 14 though.

Comment

Not looking past the Minnesota game but what are the chances that if SDSU does win Thursday they host Indiana/Northwestern in the Elite 8?

Comment

Not looking past the Minnesota game but what are the chances that if SDSU does win Thursday they host Indiana/Northwestern in the Elite 8?
                I would suggest a strong chance since we must have made bids based on $20 tickets while Indiana is bidding on $6 adult tickets. Indiana had a good crowd of 2400+ for the Marquette game. I would like to pay less than $20, but I cannot buy much gas for the $14 difference. The attendance on Sunday for the gophers against SMU only showed around 580. The Jackrabbits need a victory over Minnesota.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Excellent if it's Northwestern , 50-50 if it's Indiana. Hoosiers drew over 2500 for their Sunday game , NW was between 500-600.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                    I called the ticket office right at 1:00. An automated message said that they were experiencing a "high volume of calls" an instructed me to leave my name and number for a call-back. It took 45 minutes to get a call. The ticket agent said that all the lower-level seats were gone "in the first 5 minutes". I was able to get a pair of upper-level reserved near center court in row 14 though.
                    you might be sitting by me. im in row 14 near center court. all year long the row i was in only had a few people sitting at the other end of the row and the row 13 had nobody. even the usd and ndsu games.

Comment

Jacks need to be ready to face a zone defense. Even before Banham was hurt , the Gophers played mostly zone, probably because of a short bench . In one of their Big 10 tourney games that went into overtime , both Banham and Noga played all 45 minutes. If Banham isn't 100 % , a zone is almost guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                        Jacks need to be ready to face a zone defense. Even before Banham was hurt , the Gophers played mostly zone, probably because of a short bench . In one of their Big 10 tourney games that went into overtime , both Banham and Noga played all 45 minutes. If Banham isn't 100 % , a zone is almost guaranteed.
                        In which case we need some dribble penetration or good inside cuts and passing, much like we needed early in the last game (and then got). Passing the ball around the perimeter and taking a 3 or a long jumper and having zero ppl crash the boards was the issue early against Creighton, we can't have that again.

Comment

On a more social note, I have talked to many people that were not at the first 2 games that intend to be at Frost Thursday night. Some have even remarked that there will be some others attending with them that have not been regulars. We may need to raise the over/under from 3000 to 3500. Go Jacks!!

Comment

SDSU twitter account says the game will be on Midco Sports Net. Nice.

Also, TV says they are expecting 3000-3500 at Frost. Also says some of the 500 free tickets to students are still available. I really hope that the students show out for Minnesota. If not, then that's pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                              SDSU twitter account says the game will be on Midco Sports Net. Nice.

Also, TV says they are expecting 3000-3500 at Frost. Also says some of the 500 free tickets to students are still available. I really hope that the students show out for Minnesota. If not, then that's pathetic.
                              Hope FCS picks up the feed!

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                                In which case we need some dribble penetration or good inside cuts and passing, much like we needed early in the last game (and then got). Passing the ball around the perimeter and taking a 3 or a long jumper and having zero ppl crash the boards was the issue early against Creighton, we can't have that again.
                                Yes, we got going in transition too,that starts with rebounding,going hard for and getting rebounds.Hope that continues.
                                Also got some timely steals.Gabby particularly played hard and put forth a lot of effort.
                                Stripping the ball from the PG (the best ball handler) and going in for a layup is huge in deflating a teams spirit,especially when everything seems to be falling apart anyway,but like she says,its hard to do.Gabby does it quite abit,so she's definately working hard.

Comment

Working...
                                X