X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota at Frost

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    NOT THE JACKRABBITS!!!!!

Welcome to the friendly confines of Frost Arena. This is a game the Gophers did not put on their schedule for home or away!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
      Also UWGB. Jacks won 66-54 @UWGB, Minnesota won 62-60 @MINN.
      Looking at the Gopher WBB schedule they also lost to Creighton which the Jacks just beat.

According to the Gopher post game wrap up their star Barnam (sp) went down with a leg injury and did not play the last 15+ minutes.

Should be another fun night in Frost. The Gophers would never come to Frost unless they have to - such as the WNIT.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Do you think the 8 women from Minnesota on the Jacks roster might be motivated for this game? We're driving down from Fargo!

Comment

Originally posted by BKXD View Post
          Do you think the 8 women from Minnesota on the Jacks roster might be motivated for this game? We're driving down from Fargo!
          http://www.tout.com/m/jp4xwq?ref=tw8t2cjk

Comment

Just gathering info in one spot:

This will be the first time Minnesota has played at Frost Arena. The last meeting between the two schools was 12/9/08, SDSU 65, Minn. 55. The prior game, 1/14/07, SDSU 59, Minn 58, ended with some question (in Pam Borton's mind) about when time ran out.

SDSU and Minnesota had four common opponents this year (SDSU played one, Creighton, twice)

UNI:
            UM 73, UNI 55 at Minneapolis
            SDSU 80, UNI 44 at Brookings

Creighton:
            Creighton 63, UM 52 at Omaha
            Creighton 68, SDSU 63 at Omaha
            SDSU 62, Creighton 51 at Brookings (WNIT)

Penn State:
            PSU 83, UM 53 at State College PA
            SDSU 83, PSU 79 at Brookings

UW-Green Bay:
            UM 62, UW-GB 60 at Minneapolis (WNIT 1st round)
            SDSU 66, UW-GB 54 at Green Bay

As noted by our Jackrabbit from Fargo, BKXD: eight Minnesotans (and six South Dakotans) on the SDSU roster.

Comment

If the Jackrabbits could have handled Villanova last year at Williams Arena in the Best Buy Tourney, they would have played the Gophers in the second game.. That is as close as they came since playing in 2008. The Jackrabbits should be prepared for this game.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I have to believe neither team will be thinking past the other. This is going to be a great grudge game for Minnesota and a great "defend the home territory" game for the Jackrabbits. A large, vocal Jackrabbit crowd will be important. Frost has to be like Frost Thursday night.

Comment

Question for anyone willing to dig through some stats: When is the last time the Jacks drew 4000+ at home, excluding USD?
                  "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

It looks like tickets are for sale on gojacks.com already. The immediate selection for two reserved seats was Section EE, row 17.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                      I have to believe neither team will be thinking past the other. This is going to be a great grudge game for Minnesota and a great "defend the home territory" game for the Jackrabbits. A large, vocal Jackrabbit crowd will be important. Frost has to be like Frost Thursday night.
                      Read on a Minnesota Women's BB site that the Gophers were down to 6 players after Banham was injured. A couple of their other guards have been sidelined with concussion problems.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                        Question for anyone willing to dig through some stats: When is the last time the Jacks drew 4000+ at home, excluding USD?
                        2/18/12 - NDSU - 5378 W 88-43. That was the back half of a double header, the men played Buffalo at noon in the bracketbuster game, so perhaps that shouldn't count.

Previous to that was 12/4/10, when again it was a double header vs NDSU...didn't quite get 4k though, records show 3855. You can round up to 4k.
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                          2/18/12 - NDSU - 5378 W 88-43. That was the back half of a double header, the men played Buffalo at noon in the bracketbuster game, so perhaps that shouldn't count.
                          I may have to disqualify that one since one ticket was good for both games.
                          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                            I may have to disqualify that one since one ticket was good for both games.
                            Agreed, double headers aside as well, I'm almost sure you have to go back to the last WNIT game vs Creighton 3/20/08 at 4699.

*edit* I may have lied...it appears NDSU on 1/24/09 was a single game that brought 4491.
                            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                              Read on a Minnesota Women's BB site that the Gophers were down to 6 players after Banham was injured. A couple of their other guards have been sidelined with concussion problems.
                              Really bites about Banham...was really looking forward to seeing her play. (Assuming she'll be out).

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                                Color me tickled. I really didn't think there was a snowball's chance in hell UM would end up in Frost. Can't decide which HC I dislike more, UM's Borton, or Baylor's Mulkey.

I hope this games atmosphere approaches that of Indana in 07. It has the potential to, that is for sure.

Mulkey by a landslide for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X