Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nebraska

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm View Post
    They may have an internet feed much like they do for HS FB, BB, and VB.
    I've heard there will likely be a video feed on the internet somewhere but where it is going to come from is still a question mark.

As for TV...I don't know anything.

Comment

TV is in the works.

Comment

Originally posted by HoboD View Post
        TV is in the works.
        I just got word that SDPB TV is going to carry the game on Friday evening. HoboD...any news on your end on this?

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
          I just got word that SDPB TV is going to carry the game on Friday evening. HoboD...any news on your end on this?
          Ditto. In the works. Check back for announcement on Go.Jacks.

Comment

Here you go.

BROOKINGS, S.D. – The Summit League Champion South Dakota State volleyball team will face defending national champion Nebraska in the first round of the 2007 NCAA Volleyball Tournament on Friday at 7 p.m. in Lincoln, Neb., at the NU Coliseum.

The first team to represent South Dakota State in any NCAA Division I Tournament, the Jackrabbit volleyball team enters the tournament with a 25-10 overall record, while the ‘Huskers come into the match with a number two ranking in the country to show for their 27-1 record.

Comment

SDSU-Nebraska volleyball match to air on SDPB Television
              Courtesy: SDSU Sports Info
              Release: 11/28/2007

Courtesy: South Dakota State University
              http://www.gojacks.com/

The NCAA Volleyball Tournament first-round match between South Dakota State and Nebraska will be broadcast live statewide on South Dakota Public Broadcasting Television Friday night.

Coverage of the first South Dakota collegiate team to compete in an NCAA Division I tournament will begin at 7 p.m. Central Time from the NU Coliseum in Lincoln, Neb. The match has been made available to SDPB through a courtesy agreement with Nebraska Educational TV.

Summit League champion South Dakota State enters the matchup with a 25-10 overall record. Nebraska, the defending national champion, is 27-1 overall and ranked second in the nation.

For viewers outside the Nebraska and South Dakota areas, the match will be available via Internet video webcast at Huskers.com. Audio coverage will begin at 6:40 p.m. on Brookings-based KJJQ Radio and GoJacks.com with Brad DeBeer calling the play-by-play and Rachelle DeBeer providing color commentary. Per NCAA regulations, all Internet coverage will be available free of charge.
              Last edited by filbert; 11-28-2007, 05:54 PM.

Comment

I'm watching Northern Iowa at Western Illinois women's basketball on Summit TV (yeah, no life whatsoever) and they're talking to Western's volleyball coach.

Approximate quote "We were undefeated in the Mid-Continent this year. Unfortunately, we're now in the Summit League."

Heh.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

More WIU coach quotes:

"recruiting to be successful in the Summit is much more difficult than recruiting to be successful in the Mid-Con . . . "
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Article in the Lincoln paper:

http://www.journalstar.com/articles/...3757813187.txt

Comment

Article from the Argus Leader

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...37/1002/SPORTS

Good Luck Ladies!!!
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                        I'm watching Northern Iowa at Western Illinois women's basketball on Summit TV (yeah, no life whatsoever) and they're talking to Western's volleyball coach.

Approximate quote "We were undefeated in the Mid-Continent this year. Unfortunately, we're now in the Summit League."

Heh.
                        I found this interesting, so I looked it up and the coach is right. Western Illinois went 10 - 0 against the former Mid-Con schools and 1 - 5 against the new Summit League teams and then lost to SDSU in the conference tourney. Looks like volleyball just got a little tougher for the former Mid-Con schools.

Go Big Go Blue!!!
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

The old Mid-Con schools are going to have to get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                            I found this interesting, so I looked it up and the coach is right. Western Illinois went 10 - 0 against the former Mid-Con schools and 1 - 5 against the new Summit League teams and then lost to SDSU in the conference tourney. Looks like volleyball just got a little tougher for the former Mid-Con schools.

Go Big Go Blue!!!
                            Without digging into to it too far, SDSU should be #1 or #2 in the Summit all-sports (women) standings as we end the fall sports segment. #1 in VB, #2 in Soccer, #3 (by 1 pt to a tied 1&2) in CC. Should do well in WBB, and end up about 4th/5th in swimming, then into softball and track in the spring. Golf's also a spring sport?

Comment

Anyone know of any pre-match SDSU fan gathering, formal or informal?
                              @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                              --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                                Without digging into to it too far, SDSU should be #1 or #2 in the Summit all-sports (women) standings as we end the fall sports segment. #1 in VB, #2 in Soccer, #3 (by 1 pt to a tied 1&2) in CC. Should do well in WBB, and end up about 4th/5th in swimming, then into softball and track in the spring. Golf's also a spring sport?
                                I'm keeping track of the conference standings in this thread.

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread.php?t=6014

And yes the women are currently in 1st place in conference play.

Go Big, Go Blue!!!
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                                X