2013 Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013 Recruiting List

The first post of this thread links to a spreadsheet that has Verballed/Offer/Interest/Had Offer and Quinton Hooker is still listed as offered. I believe that is what Sir NorCalJack is saying.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

per Ryan James:

St Cloud Cathedral/MN Comets 7-ft center Conor Voss has committed to play at Ivy League school Columbia.
      We had interest in him, but never heard of the coaching staff extending an offer.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

you can't get them all, just a little more of a head scratcher when they chose a UND over the likes of SDSU, NDSU, and other schools in which we would consider better off then UND

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
          Well if you go to the first post in this thread, there is a link to a list of offers SDSU has out. Quniton Hooker is on that list, but now that he accepted a scholarship to UND, he can be taken off the list.
          I should have said "his decision to commit to UND" makes no sense to me. Sorry for being contrite.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

According the wide world of twitter Anders Broman, 6'1 PG, from Duluth, MN is visiting campus this weekend....http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...-Broman-137221

Here is a video of his 71 point game from last year...

Comment

Looks like the Naters are going to Nate might continue into the future. This kid looks very classy and Nate like.

Comment

I didn't think he was that impressive. Looked like a very good high school player playing against weak competition.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                  I didn't think he was that impressive. Looked like a very good high school player playing against weak competition.
                  The competition he plays against in high school is suspect, but he's performed well enough on the summer circuit to garner at least 15 mid major offers (Rivals Profile).

The kid isn't overly athletic, but he is crafty, has good body control, and is a lights out shooter who can score with his feet set and off the dribble. It's hard to argue against Broman's ability to score the basketball (he averaged 43.7 points/game as a junior and has 3834 career points in high school, which is 252 off the MN record), but the big questions will be can he play defense at the DI level.

Here is some video of him playing against better competition (his team #5 is Tyus Jones, the #1 point guard in the nation for the class of 2014).
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

Looks impressive to me

Comment

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
                      Looks impressive to me
                      Yes he does, but I might be hasty in making my Nate comparion. Lets wait and see what developes out of this.

Comment

Seems like an undersized Jimmer to me.

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinJackrabbit View Post
                          Seems like an undersized Jimmer to me.
                          He did average 24 or so shots a game during his junior year. Also, according to his AAU teams website, Howard Pulley, he averaged 12.8pts(2nd best on team behind Tyus) 3.1reb, shot 84% from the free throw line, 39.3% from 3, and 44% from the field(http://www.eteamz.com/howardpulley/f...lEYBLStats.pdf)

Also why I was researching him online, I came across a message board with a thread about him from february and one post that really stuck to me is what one poster said, "Now I've seen Broman play a couple times and against fairly weak competition. Did he do anything marvelous? No, and I was quick to label him D3 or D2 because I saw him not fitting into the common mold of a "D1" athlete. But now I think after seeing him continue to put up astronomical numbers against stiff competition I can confirm his legitimacy as a D1 ball player. Why is this the case? Simply put, his game is a style that can transition throughout the scope of competition. Is he a D1 athlete by merit of his athleticism or any common D1 trait? Not at all."(http://forum.minnesota-scores.net/vi...ca5e&start=130)
                          I think that post pretty much sums up Anders Broman and why I think he would be a good fit for D1 or the Jacks in general
                          "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                            He did average 24 or so shots a game during his junior year. Also, according to his AAU teams website, Howard Pulley, he averaged 12.8pts(2nd best on team behind Tyus) 3.1reb, shot 84% from the free throw line, 39.3% from 3, and 44% from the field(http://www.eteamz.com/howardpulley/f...lEYBLStats.pdf)

Also why I was researching him online, I came across a message board with a thread about him from february and one post that really stuck to me is what one poster said, "Now I've seen Broman play a couple times and against fairly weak competition. Did he do anything marvelous? No, and I was quick to label him D3 or D2 because I saw him not fitting into the common mold of a "D1" athlete. But now I think after seeing him continue to put up astronomical numbers against stiff competition I can confirm his legitimacy as a D1 ball player. Why is this the case? Simply put, his game is a style that can transition throughout the scope of competition. Is he a D1 athlete by merit of his athleticism or any common D1 trait? Not at all."(http://forum.minnesota-scores.net/vi...ca5e&start=130)
                            I think that post pretty much sums up Anders Broman and why I think he would be a good fit for D1 or the Jacks in general
                            Those are good links. I noticed he played alongside quinton hooker and they had similar stats. Although this kid has gotta be one of the best pure shooters around. He'd be great for the Jacks, but he's got so many dang offers that the chances of landing him are of the low variety.

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinJackrabbit View Post
                              Those are good links. I noticed he played alongside quinton hooker and they had similar stats. Although this kid has gotta be one of the best pure shooters around. He'd be great for the Jacks, but he's got so many dang offers that the chances of landing him are of the low variety.
                              Can he defend or pass? If not, he is a perfect fit for Boots in Vermillion. If yes, I hope we get him.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                                Can he defend or pass? If not, he is a perfect fit for Boots in Vermillion. If yes, I hope we get him.
                                Kinda what I was thinking. Hard to tell from the videos, but he just has the feel of Louie Krogman Version 2.
                                Originally posted by JackFan96
                                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                                X