Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013 Recruiting List

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
    Huh? What does Lance Armstrong have to do with this? You do know that Neil Armstrong walked on the moon and Lance rides bikes right?
    You talked about the credibility of people going on the record with reporters. Seems to me that doesn't mean much, as evidenced by Mr. Lance Armstrong.

I'm not sure why you can't see that it's plausible that no one is commenting on this story on the record because nothing is set in stone yet. Of course no one is going to say anything officially to TV. Yet you mock that possibility like it's zero.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Why would he need to lie to a reporter, smart guy?
      Not lie. But what I said above. No one is going to say anything on the record when nothing is official. And nothing may come of this. The first poster that brought this topic up said that nothing was official. So again, of course nothing will be said to a reporter. Lie was a bad choice of words on my part.

Comment

Why would he need to lie to a reporter, smart guy?
        Ok guys, for the last time....I WILL NOT BE THE NEXT COACH AT ALABAMA.

Comment

Huh? What does Lance Armstrong have to do with this? You do know that Neil Armstrong walked on the moon and Lance rides bikes right?
          I heard Neil doped to get the the moon, in light of this, he should have his "first man on the moon" title stripped!
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
            I'm not sure why you can't see that it's plausible that no one is commenting on this story on the record
            At least one person has commented. On the record. Both regarding Larson's reasons for being in Brookings and whether he's made a decision about whether to use his last year (or years, if he gets a 6th) of basketball eligibility.

Clearly, they could have been lying outright or choosing to answer disingenuously, but they are certainly answers on the record.

What were you saying earlier about what you expect of students and their command of facts?

Comment

In other news.....here is a pretty sweet pic of Severyn against Sturgis a month ago courtesy of Wade Laroche of the Cap Journal..... https://twitter.com/wadelaroche/stat...49799971078145

BBlLFAhCQAAwxH_.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                At least one person has commented. On the record. Both regarding Larson's reasons for being in Brookings and whether he's made a decision about whether to use his last year (or years, if he gets a 6th) of basketball eligibility.

Clearly, they could have been lying outright or choosing to answer disingenuously, but they are certainly answers on the record.

What were you saying earlier about what you expect of students and their command of facts?
                Poorly worded again, you are correct. I don't think anyone is answering quite truthfully. Answering disingenuously is a good way to put it. I obviously didn't think my post through.

Also, Paul Seville commenting on record is different from Larson or Nagy commenting on record. That's what I was trying to go for with my original statement, but again, I did not articulate my thoughts clearly or well at all.

I still think that LakeJack is being ridiculous with his statement. Paul Seville making a statement to the Argus means next to nothing about what will or won't happen with Cody Larson.

Comment

Poorly worded again, you are correct. I don't think anyone is answering quite truthfully. Answering disingenuously is a good way to put it. I obviously didn't think my post through.

Also, Paul Seville commenting on record is different from Larson or Nagy commenting on record. That's what I was trying to go for with my original statement, but again, I did not articulate my thoughts clearly or well at all.

I still think that LakeJack is being ridiculous with his statement. Paul Seville making a statement to the Argus means next to nothing about what will or won't happen with Cody Larson.

Why is the future of Cody Larson so important to you?
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Answering disingenuously is a good way to put it.
                    I figure the 'on the record' answer regarding Larson is some variant of 'no plans' until he signs on the line.

I think Raymond Chandler phrased it best: "as close to the truth as newspaper stories ever come--as close as Mars is to Saturn."

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                      In other news.....here is a pretty sweet pic of Severyn against Sturgis a month ago courtesy of Wade Laroche of the Cap Journal..... https://twitter.com/wadelaroche/stat...49799971078145

[ATTACH=CONFIG]430[/ATTACH]
                      That's a pretty awesome picture. I don't know if I've ever seen an entire team get posterized before.
                      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                        Why is the future of Cody Larson so important to you?
                        It isn't. I just like seeing myself type.

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                        I figure the 'on the record' answer regarding Larson is some variant of 'no plans' until he signs on the line.
                        Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]430[/ATTACH]
                          Nice picture. I love that every person in the picture is staring at him in awe.

Here's the full size if anyone couldn't get the other one to get any bigger:

Attached Files

Comment

I look at the Severin picture and think "dang, there's more people there than at a UMKC or IUPUI game! And the gym's bigger, too!"

/smack in non-smack thread. I denounce myself.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I look at the picture and wonder how nice it must be to be able to dunk a basketball
                              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                                That's a pretty awesome picture. I don't know if I've ever seen an entire team get posterized before.
                                Excellent point, Kemo. I wonder what kind of play led to all five members of the Sturgis team being reduced to a semi-circle of awed spectator/defenders. A steal? A rebound? A good pass? It must have been a heck of move. Regardless, that's a great photo.
                                This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                                X