Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 recruits

Originally posted by jack power View Post
    I agree. The poster above removed him to make a point.
    So the point was that the '90s Bulls without Micheal Jordan would have not been as good? That is not so much a point as a given. But they did have Micheal Jordan and that Class does have Nate. So I guess my point is it is hard to argue that they aren't the best of all time given the reality of the situation that the Bulls had Micheal Jordan and the Class is question does have Nate Wolters.

Comment

You know I might be a little sensitive about people who suggest that Chad, Tony, and Brayden aren't quality players just because they aren't Nate. Each has a role to play on this TEAM and each is playing their role very well.

I can think of a number of teams in our league who had more "stars" or members on their teams with more "conference honors" on both the Men's and Women's side, but you know what they all where watching the NCAAs on TV. I will now step down off my soap box and I will also say I am sorry if I offended anyone

Comment

I am Looking forward to hearing about more great young people joining us and becoming part of the Jacks Nation.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          I get the sarcasm, but not sure Fiegen, White and Carlson have done anything (yet) to put themselves or recruiting class in the SDSU Hall of Fame.
          Would we have made the Big Dance without any one of those three ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            No we wouldn't have. White made some very clutch threes in the championship and let's not forget he was very very good against Washington and one of the reasons we beat them. Carlson shot over 40% from 3 this year and is the best on ball defender on the Jacks and has the responbility of guarding the best shooter on the other team. Fiegen is very much needed in the frontcourt. Without him, the frontcourt would have been very slim and he adds some toughness down low and he played pretty well down the stretch of the season. Wolters is enough said about him. So basically, without one of the them, we most likely would not have won the Summit League tourney and made it to the NCAA tournament. So how is it not one of the best classes to come to SDSU?
            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

OTher then the Californian are there any other visits planned?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                We could put it another way. Those three guys are 3 of our top 6 players (all have started at some point) on a team that won the most games in school history. I'm pretty sure they've done quite a bit for this program.
                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Back on task.... wonder how the visit goes? Hope we are still in on the LA PF...

Comment

Per TV's tweet - per Matt Donlan's tweet - Matt Donlan is on his way to Brookings for his 2nd official visit.

http://twitter.com/#!/TerryVandrovec

Comment

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15000&ATCLID=205413006

Comment

I wonder if IUPUI wasn't Matt Donlan's first official visit, or if he has been here before

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu_drake View Post
                          I wonder if IUPUI wasn't Matt Donlan's first official visit, or if he has been here before
                          I think he was referring to IUPUI as his first and then we are the second. That's how I read it, anyway.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

He has visited IUPUI, is visiting Brookings today, has invites to visit Oakland, Nebraska, Utah and one other school I believe

Comment

Here is a video/interview of Jake Bittle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfc6C...ature=youtu.be

From what I've read, and the little film I've seen, he reminds me of a more developed, physically bigger Brayden Carlson in high school.

Defense is his specialty, I've read a few articles over him and they all say he is a lock down defender, one writeup thought he was the top on ball defender in the state. And though looking at this stats (averaged 13 ppg), you would think he wasn't capable of much on offense, but he actually is, put up big numbers at times, is a capable shooter, good ball handler, but can work off the ball as well. Just reminds me a ton of Carlson, but shouldn't need a red-shirt like Carlson did.

Comment

Zach Kraning (6-9, Viborg), who was pretty much the only player who had even been mentioned as a D-I recruit in this senior class signed with Northern State today. He was getting some looks and then tore I think his ACL late in the season, waited on surgery and tried to play at the state tournament but you could tell he wasn't close to 100%

He'd been mentioned as a possible SDSU target, but I don't believe ever had an offer

Comment

Working...
                                X