2012 recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 recruits

Very cool. I'm loving this class of recruits, especially if there's another big guy out there somewhere for depth.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
      His style fits SDSU really well. He is tall and long, but still athletic. Can really stroke it. From the reports I read he really grew into his body over the last 6 months, and seemed to put on some muscle and really improve his game. Still wonder if he won't redshirt, (I know that depends on the current team being healthy, etc. as it does him) but 175 is small. Needs to get stronger, but a guy who fits the system well.

local paper just did a quick write up on the commitment http://blogs.sacbee.com/preps/archiv...donlan-of.html
      After looking at his videos,I don't think there is a big chance that he red-shirts. Looks like he already has a complete offensive game,which is unusual for a kid with his size. His jump shot is kind of unconventional,but you can't argue with the results. I always worry about red-shirting kids that live half way across the country - gives too much of an opportunity to get homesick.

Comment

Immediately challenge Chad and Zach- hopefully bringing all 3 player games up!

Comment

Agree that he has an unconventional looking shot but I love that he can get it off in traffic, off the dribble, in the post and just spotting up.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

He doesn't have much wasted movement in his shot which is nice. If he is ready to play D-1 defense that the coaches expect from everyone. he will contribute. If he isnt ready on the D end, he might redshirt IMO. Hosrtman came in and just wowed everyone with his talents but hardly played and from what I could tell, coaches wanted more from him on the D side of things. Hopefully he worked on that this summer. This team could be wicked awesome next year.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

This young man appears to have alot of potential with the ability to play a couple of different positions. With his weight, I would think a redshirt year might be a possibility. I guess we will see next year, but another great day to be a Jack!

Comment

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=205424744

Comment

http://rosemont.patch.com/articles/w...ege-basketball

Comment

Q&A w/Matt Donlan http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...ws|text|Sports

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                      This was a case where the rural nature of Brookings was an asset in recruiting.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                        Bisonville would enjoy a couple of the statements in that article... specifically, "I come from a real small town in California, kind of a rural area known for gold mining. We’re living in the past a little bit, here. I went back there and I got that same feel."

Might as well own it, I guess. I'm sure it wasn't meant to cast Brookings (or his home area) in a negative light.

Its interesting that coaches from other schools don't stress winning as much as ours did.

"Talking with the coaches, the emphasis on getting back to the tournament and winning some games is huge – I loved that. At all the other programs, that wasn’t a focal point."

That just seems weird.

I'm starting to get the feeling that if we make the tournament (and fingers crossed win a game) next year, next's year's recruits could be AMAZING.
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

It's easier to portray winning when it just happened and everyone around the program is talking about it. All coaches want to win and make the tournament. It's as simple as telling a recruit "We want to make the tourney while your here" vs "Are you excited to help us get back to the tournament next year?"

It's all perception and credit our coaches for that.
                          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post

I'm starting to get the feeling that if we make the tournament (and fingers crossed win a game) next year, next's year's recruits could be AMAZING.
                            This.... If Donlan and Bittle are here primarily because of our Tourney appearance, what would we get with a repeat? Things are looking good.

Comment

Does anyone have a running tally of who we still have offers out to for this class?

Comment

I think up to 2 yet available - no idea who however.... Surprise us Coach!

Comment

Working...
                                X