2012 recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 recruits

Mike Rostampour is listed at 6-8, was a starter for St. Cloud and has two years of eligibility left. The Jacks need some depth at the 4 and 5. I'd welcome Rostampour to the SDSU, regardless of why he decided to leave St. Cloud.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
      Mike Rostampour is listed at 6-8, was a starter for St. Cloud and has two years of eligibility left. The Jacks need some depth at the 4 and 5. I'd welcome Rostampour to the SDSU, regardless of why he decided to leave St. Cloud.
      I'm not that crazy about him but will defer to our coaching staff as they certainly are qualified to make that decision. A big body does not equate to playing "big" and can often be detrimental to a team that depends on quickness and ball movement. The fact he's leaving a program raises a red flag as well.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

In looking at his size and his numbers from last season,I would guess he would be a Fiegen type player,who could share some minutes at the 5 with Devine after Tony is gone. If he wants a coaching staff to guarantee him some major playing time in order to transfer,I am guessing Brookings may not be the place for him.

Comment

Personally I think that he might just be a practice body, but he could fill the spot that Austin Henning left and get some experience in against better competition.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu_drake View Post
            Personally I think that he might just be a practice body, but he could fill the spot that Austin Henning left and get some experience in against better competition.
            I would tend to agree, but sometimes D2 programs have players who can play D1. Like everyone else has reminded me, I have not seen him play and if Schalgel was disapointed over his leaving, that means something. Maybe enough for Coach Nagy and Hansen to give him a scrutinized look and a campus visit. I doubt SDSU is paying for the visit.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
              Tanner Williams committed to Brewster Academy, and reclassified as a 2013 recruit.
              Tanner Williams has decided to not attend Brewster Academy and is now going to Loyola University in Chicago. This kids biggest thing was staying close to home. Too bad for State, but it looks like it worked out for him. Loyola University is in the Horizon League.
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                Tanner Williams has decided to not attend Brewster Academy and is now going to Loyola University in Chicago. This kids biggest thing was staying close to home. Too bad for State, but it looks like it worked out for him. Loyola University is in the Horizon League.
                Yeah I saw that, some are not too happy about the situation, though I guess it worked out for him so it doesn't matter much. Brewster is a top 10 Prep school though so I somewhat question the decision, but I guess it is not me so it don't matter much

Comment

It looks like as of tonight all 3 of our recruits will be on campus.......also of interest, Montel James tweeted he is eligible for D1,so I wonder if the coaches are still interested in him.

Comment

Joe De Ciman committed to Colorado St. today.

Comment

From the Jackrabbits Mens Basketball Facebook page today:
                      Our Freshmen also made big strides while they were here the last two months. Connor put on 17 lbs and Matt put on 15 lbs! Jake didn't need to add the weight and so he did a great job of continuing to add strength to his frame. All of our guys went home yesterday and will be back when classes start at the end of the month.
                      Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Late additions?

Anyone know of any late additions, whether walk-on or scholarship, juco, or transfers that haven't been reported?

Generally this is the time of the year when they show up on the radar.

Comment

There is a freshman walk-on, don't know much about him but I believe his name is something like Jake or Josh? Sorry pretty vague on the details
                          Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Originally posted by SkippyJack View Post
                            There is a freshman walk-on, don't know much about him but I believe his name is something like Jake or Josh? Sorry pretty vague on the details
                            Maybe it is Jackie, as in "Jackie Moon". That would add some flair to the team.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                              Maybe it is Jackie, as in "Jackie Moon". That would add some flair to the team.

E.L.E., baby... "Everybody Love Everybody."
                              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Austin Hansen tweeted this earlier today: Austin Hansen@SDSUJacksHoops"They came back! Freshmen are all moved in. Enjoy the weekend. Workouts start on Tuesday! #gojacks pic.twitter.com/SKXgoTh0"

Comment

Working...
                                X