Originally posted by filbert View Post
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."
    I am putting this in my signature.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

• Re: Last scholarship???

I am being as speculative as anyone else here, but something tells me that Wolters is a very bright young man, and maybe the academics to him are as important to him as the athletic winning. Each choice has a basketball offer that is for certain, but does each fit the career path that this young man may be wanting to follow? SDSU has a very good engineering college, and we all know that, but could this be the trump card?. My guess and thats all.
      Last edited by Nidaros; 04-23-2009, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
        If he does come to SDSU, obviously NDSU didn't really want him...

At least that will be the spin on bisonville.
        NDSU wanted him and then they didn't and then they wanted him again.

I wondered what kind of response Saul was going to get after signing two guards and basically backing off his recruitment of Wolters and then he finally picks it back up when Wolters plays well at the state tournament. Not really the ideal way to land a recruit, especially when other schools never really backed off.

I will say this, whoever lands this kid is going to get a great player.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          the academics to him are as important to him as the athletic winning
          (snort) Then why's Augie on his list? (snicker, snicker) Just kidding. I've got family that went to Augie, and I love their new football stadium.

Although it looks about as much out of place in that residential neighborhood as Sanford's blue neon mood lighting.

Comment

So is it expected that Wolters will make a decision by Saturday at the latest?

Comment

I am being as speculative as anyone else here, but something tells me that Wolters is a very bright young man, and maybe the academics to him are as important to him as the athletic winning. Each choice has a basketball offer that is for certain, but does each fit the career path that this young man may be wanting to follow? SDSU has a very good engineering college, and we all know that, but could this be the trump card?. My guess and thats all.
              Sports Management is his desired major as he wants to be a coach.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                Okay, I did not know that. I thought since he went to St Cloud Tech, he was an engineering guy, but not the case here. I think our HPER Dept might have a good course offering including some courses in sports adminstration. Lets hope he choose SDSU.

Comment

Okay, I did not know that. I thought since he went to St Cloud Tech, he was an engineering guy, but not the case here. I think our HPER Dept might have a good course offering including some courses in sports adminstration. Lets hope he choose SDSU.
                  FWIW, St. Cloud "Tech" (Technical High School) is one of two public high schools in the St. Cloud school district. I don't think the school's mission or academic focus is significantly different than St. Cloud Apollo High School, or for that matter most other public high schools. I suspect the school's name has some historical significance, but I don't know for sure.

Comment

More honors for Nate Wolters. Sounds more and more like exactly the kind of player the Jacks want and need. Go Jacks. Go Nate, wherever you choose to go.

http://www.sctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll...=2009104240005

Comment

Nagy really wants Nate and it was understood that he would make a decision this week. Everyone is entitled to change their mind and Nate might do that.

I think Brayden will get the scholarship that was Davis' for this year.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                        SDSU does not have a sport management program (I should know, I'm in the sport management graduate program at Mankato because SDSU doesn't have it), so if he comes here he'll have to choose either health promotion, physical education, or public rec... but if he's interested in coaching those are all fine majors with which to enter that line of profession.
                        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kermit View Post
                          FWIW, St. Cloud "Tech" (Technical High School) is one of two public high schools in the St. Cloud school district. I don't think the school's mission or academic focus is significantly different than St. Cloud Apollo High School, or for that matter most other public high schools. I suspect the school's name has some historical significance, but I don't know for sure.
                          Tech High was a "directional" school, many, many years ago. Today it is just like any other high school. Apollo serves North St Cloud and Tech serves the South. So you are correct sir.

Comment

If Nate wants to coach someday, I would think he would want to attend a D-1 school. In my eyes playing D-1 has more prestige in this field than a lower level of competition. If that were the case, it would be between Colorado St. and SDSU.

Now I'm going to speculate even further here, but reading all of these posts I get the sense that Nate also wants stability in the coaching staff that is recruiting him. I believe that is why Nate did not want to sign early, to see how SDSU did this season. At this point I don't see Nagy going anywhere over the next 4 years that Nate would play here.

Colorado St. on the other hand, I could see Miles leaving if he got a better offer. He has left for better offers before and I think he would do it again if he could. But CSU has not had much success during Miles tenure and maybe they will replace him in a couple of years if things don't turn around for them.

There are pluses and minuses to each school that he is considering, but I think SDSU has as good a chance, if not a better chance than the other two schools. But then again I am slightly biased in my opinion. I'm sure it is not going to be an easy choice for Nate, but his decision will be what is best for him.

Go State!!!
                            Go Jacks!!!
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                              Now I'm going to speculate even further here, but reading all of these posts I get the sense that Nate also wants stability in the coaching staff that is recruiting him. I believe that is why Nate did not want to sign early, to see how SDSU did this season. At this point I don't see Nagy going anywhere over the next 4 years that Nate would play here.

Colorado St. on the other hand, I could see Miles leaving if he got a better offer. He has left for better offers before and I think he would do it again if he could. But CSU has not had much success during Miles tenure and maybe they will replace him in a couple of years if things don't turn around for them.
                              Very good point made about Miles. He is a very good coach but his track record shows he's always looking to take that next step "up". Not saying he's wrong for doing that, but If I'm a recruit I would give that serious consideration when weighing my decision.

Comment

Not sure what kind of kid Nate is but one of my pals on the Augustana football team has looked at transfering already as he feels kind of out of place there. He loves his team and coaches but struggles with "all the snooty kids" as he puts it. Something to think about there.

I can see the appeal of wanting to play in the Mtn West, but as stated, the CSU program is not very stable right now. Miles could easily be gone one way or the other in a couple years, then you have to deal with a new coaching saff who didn't recruit you, have a different system, etc.

Obviously I am biased, but SDSU is a solid choice. It's a young team where playing time is going to be up to whoever earns it. With such a young team you can build relationships and play w/ alot of the same guys for 3-4 years. Some fine coaches and people in Nagy, Klink and Austin. You'd have a much better chance winning your conference and playing in the Big Dance here than at CSU.

Comment

Working...
                                X