Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kwsn...

Originally posted by MikeHenriksen View Post
    Because John is live at the tourney and TV was having trouble hearing Craig.
    today that was the case, but a couple of days ago when Nagy was on he didn't say a word.

Comment

Originally posted by cowbell34 View Post
      today that was the case, but a couple of days ago when Nagy was on he didn't say a word.
      You mean the interview that John had pre-recorded earlier in the day by himself because Coach was going to be at practice during the show?

I guess everyone has their "toolish" moments, huh?

Comment

You mean the interview that John had pre-recorded earlier in the day by himself because Coach was going to be at practice during the show?

yeah, you're probably right. I caught most of it the first time, and then heard a repeat of the interview later. I just assumed the first time was live.

Comment

I have lots of "toolish" moments

But, as you recall, Coach has clearly had enough of the tone directed towards the Jacks too.

Comment

I couldn't find the Stu thread. I knew I shouldn't have read that article in the Argus today. Is he really going to show his face in the Arena today in front of 3000 Jacks fans at 3:00? Hope the Argus hired him a bodyguard.

Props to Craig and John for their extended coverage of the tournament yesterday. That being said, they are both idiots when it comes to D-1 basketball. At least John's trying.

Comment

After some thought, Craig and Stu should just stick to high school, NBDL and GPAC and NSIC. At one time I was a young salesperson and didn't understand why they hired me over the older, much more experienced, much smarter older guy. Now I know why. These two can't seem to accept the D1 move, even after Stu (don't think Craig was at the Arena at all for the Summit tourney) saw the atmosphere at the tourney and even after the success of the women, football and wrestling and the future of the men's team. Let Terry V do the articles and I can accept the positive and negative ones from him b/c he's around the team, knows what he's doing and doesn't have a dog in the hunt.

Stu is just a poor man's Jay Mariotti and Craig is too stubborn to accept change or ever admit he's wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                I couldn't find the Stu thread. I knew I shouldn't have read that article in the Argus today. Is he really going to show his face in the Arena today in front of 3000 Jacks fans at 3:00? Hope the Argus hired him a bodyguard.

Props to Craig and John for their extended coverage of the tournament yesterday. That being said, they are both idiots when it comes to D-1 basketball. At least John's trying.
                Personally, I didn't see much to quibble with in today's Stu column. He said some things that were maybe a bit uncomfortable for some folks to hear, but I thought he toned down his penchant for cheap shots, just this once.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  Personally, I didn't see much to quibble with in today's Stu column. He said some things that were maybe a bit uncomfortable for some folks to hear, but I thought he toned down his penchant for cheap shots, just this once.
                  I found plenty to quibble with--but I'm too irked to list all the quibbles.

A short summary:

Why the mention of USD? What relevance did it have to the question at hand?

Why the failure to mention that Stig coaches in FCS, not FBS football, which made his transition path so much easier?

Why key off 'two signature wins' against NDSU for Stig, instead of noting that the Jacks didn't make the post season in football? I mean what is the similarity between beating a conference opponent two consecutive years and facing a much more talented team in a conference tournament?

Finally, WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS CLAUSE?

Say what you want about the Jackrabbit women (and there’s still much to be said), but the male brand of basketball is what fuels re-classification, prints March Madness money and allows the Summit League a modest credibility.
                  And this paragraph: THIS PARAGRAPH:

Maybe there’s a lesson involved about paying your dues – not just entering a lower-tier league with an automatic bid, buying the postseason tourney with corporate money and trying to pretend a 48-year-old eyesore is suddenly Rupp Arena.
                  should be force fed to Stu.

Comment

I just have a picture in my head with Craig and Stu sitting on a couch talking sports. but if you take out the sports talk if you could call it that, replace that with childish giggling and fart jokes and it would look a lot like beavis and butthead. Only less funny.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I guess my Stu filter is set to High when I'm reading his stuff, so most of his jibes just don't register on the Offense Meter. Stu is Stu.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                        I found plenty to quibble with--but I'm too irked to list all the quibbles.

A short summary:

Why the mention of USD? What relevance did it have to the question at hand?

Why the failure to mention that Stig coaches in FCS, not FBS football, which made his transition path so much easier?

Why key off 'two signature wins' against NDSU for Stig, instead of noting that the Jacks didn't make the post season in football? I mean what is the similarity between beating a conference opponent two consecutive years and facing a much more talented team in a conference tournament?

Finally, WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS CLAUSE?

And this paragraph: THIS PARAGRAPH:

should be force fed to Stu.
                        I agree, where the hell does USD fit into all this? why not Stu just write a article about how you love USD and think they will be the greatest thing ever to happen to the summit. oh wait I think you did write that one already.

Lets hope he meant sponsor instead of buy.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Lets hope he meant sponsor instead of buy.
                          No, he meant buy. He thinks that's the only way the Summit would lower themselves into playing at the old Arena (even though they played in a high school last year in front of 1,000 people). And despite the Arena I think the Summit is thrilled about this weekend.

Comment

After re-reading the article I agree, why the hell is that paragraph about USD in there and what relevance does it have? Makes you think he's a USD guy and just has to bring up his school (I don't know if he prefers USD or not).

And this comment "The fans had been humbled, too, as a surprising number of school-night pretenders headed to the exits to leave the reeling Jacks to their fate."

What is meant by this? That the people that showed up weren't true State fans?

Again, he's Jay Mariotti-lite and he loves to be the bad guy and loves the attention.

Comment

He is just trying to say that SDSU doesn't have real fan. Probably going off our home attendance numbers and the attendence of the two SDSU mens game in the Arena. I can see what he is digging at but to do it this way was BS. I'm sure there were a lot of fan in Sioux Falls who weren't willing or unable to drive to Brookings for a game. To say the fans were pretenders, that is what bothers me

Putting the USD thing in there was just dig more at SDSU.

Comment

"buying the postseason tourney with corporate money"

Someone needs to remind Stu that he said this next fall as USF is buying its way to a 3rd straight naia championship.

Comment

Working...
                                X