Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2008-2009 Predictions

Originally posted by rabbit_boy View Post
    The AD's office is also aware of the concerns stated here.
    Oh so thoughtful of you to share that piece of information with us. I'm sure SDSU's athletic department is having a closed door meeting right now to discuss your ground-breaking comments. Give me a break!

I hope you feel better about yourself now that you've let us all know you expressed your concerns to SDSU's athletic director.

Comment

I get so sick of the debate on this thread that I've decided to just quit looking at it...and I'm sure that no one will miss my less than sterling posts.

I understand all the positions...and I've seen the same ones over and over and over again from the same posters...on all sides of the issues. It's starting it out before we can even make a considered judgment on whether this team is better or not, that gets to me. Not a single one of you really knows that. Am I satisfied with an also-ran team...heck no...but I don't even know whether that is the case right now.

I know this...jumping on the players and the coaches right away doesn't mean a thing in the long run as stated excellently by another poster on this thread...the team will play, and I'm convinced they will give it everything they have. At the end of the season, you can all restate your position (I told you so, or we need a coaching change, or whatever). If anybody doesn't think that the administration will be just as astute in their judgment at the end of this season as to the state of the program. then I think you are wrong.

I believe that this early "let's stomp on the coaches and the players", deserved or not, doesn't do a thing for the esteem of our players and it surely doesn't do anything for me but read the same posts over and over again. So I give up...not on the team...but on asking everybody to just let the season play out before we get all our shorts in a knot. You'll have plenty of time later this year to pour it on if you want to do so.

Comment

You are right, I am sure the AD's office is perfectly happy with four lousy seasons and with the prospects for more to come in the future.

OK, if this is what everyone wants to read. We are going to undefeated, win the Summit, knock off Duke, NC, UCLA and win it all this year!! YAAA!
        Last edited by rabbit_boy; 11-13-2008, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
          I get so sick of the debate on this thread that I've decided to just quit looking at it...and I'm sure that no one will miss my less than sterling posts.

I understand all the positions...and I've seen the same ones over and over and over again from the same posters...on all sides of the issues. It's starting it out before we can even make a considered judgment on whether this team is better or not, that gets to me. Not a single one of you really knows that. Am I satisfied with an also-ran team...heck no...but I don't even know whether that is the case right now.

I know this...jumping on the players and the coaches right away doesn't mean a thing in the long run as stated excellently by another poster on this thread...the team will play, and I'm convinced they will give it everything they have. At the end of the season, you can all restate your position (I told you so, or we need a coaching change, or whatever). If anybody doesn't think that the administration will be just as astute in their judgment at the end of this season as to the state of the program. then I think you are wrong.

I believe that this early "let's stomp on the coaches and the players", deserved or not, doesn't do a thing for the esteem of our players and it surely doesn't do anything for me but read the same posts over and over again. So I give up...not on the team...but on asking everybody to just let the season play out before we get all our shorts in a knot. You'll have plenty of time later this year to pour it on if you want to do so.
          Now come one. How can we not judge the season (sarcasm) after an exhibition game (even more sarcasm)? That game meant everything to our season (piling it on even more).

Nice post!!
          Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by bballfan54 View Post
            Leaving now byeeeeee
            Have a safe trip to SD.
            Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
              I get so sick of the debate on this thread that I've decided to just quit looking at it...and I'm sure that no one will miss my less than sterling posts. ...

I also am sick of this and everyone getting their shorts in knot. I am mostly upset over the constant misrepresentation of what I and several others have been posting. I went back and looked at a lot (not all) of the posts andcould not find ONE that said Nagy should be fired now. None. The posts were of two types: the program is in really bad shape or if no progress is made after this year a change is needed. In fact many in the second group qualified it by saying a change MAY be needed. So which group of posters are over reacting? I would say it is the ones that freak out over ANY post that say were not going to finish inthe middle of the conference or better.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Tomorrow's game can't get here soon enough.....

Comment

I'm going to be on the opposite side of most people here..... I think getting rid of Nagy would put this program in a hole that would be lucky to ever get out of....

Just because we lost to SMSU.... doesn't mean cr@p..... we just about lost to DWU without there best player last year, and still had a pretty respectable season.... I know the W-L wasn't great but there was many games that we were in and I thought it was a good season for the team.....

Second of all..... We are very thin this year.... There is injuries... and when somebody can tell me that those are the coaches fault... I would like to have what you are smoking.....

And finally..... Nagy is the first one to say he hasn't done a great job, he's the first one to say a lot of the blame is on him.... After a close loss to Minnesota.... He took the blame... After a respectable loss to a rated Butler he took the blame.... You will not get this from a new coach.... I'm not saying let him keep on having bad records but I would at least let the Madison recruits have 1 year before making any decision on coaching, then you will have 1 full class though the D-I level, the schedule will be fair and the problems should be on the downfall.....

Comment

Originally posted by bballfan54 View Post
                    Well I am predicting lots of fun and good games...see you all soon..
                    AMEN, Mrs. W!!!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                      A realistic way to get better is to keep the team together. A look back over the last few years shows that.
                      1) 08-09- I don't know about injuries but this team looks like it will be staying together. Kai, Garrett, Anthony, Dale, Clint and Michael make a solid foundation. Several of those players have said that they are staying here for their careers. There are 2 seniors on the team this year Casey and Wipf. There are 5 Jr's and 6 Soph's in the classes below that. That will be more upperclassmen than any team back to 01-02.
                      2) 07-08- 3 Sr's, 1 Jr(Wipf) and 4 Soph's.
                      3) 06-07- There were 2 seniors(Frias and Kleinjan), 2 Jr's(Casey and Loney-were they on athletic scholarships when they came here?) and 1 Soph(Cadwell).
                      4) 05-06- 0 seniors, 4 Jr's and 3 Soph's.
                      5) 04-05- 3 Sr's(Geiver, Hokenson and DeJong), 0 Jr's and 3 Soph's.
                      Back before that we had a good teams with solid upperclassmen.

My point is when you have 4 or less juniors and seniors combined your team will struggle. That is what SDSU has had the last 4 years. Trying playing DI competition with mainly DII players as upperclassmen is tough. I know there have been many classes that have had people leave but I think the juniors and sophomore's are going to change that. Will we not lose any more players? Probably not but not like in the past.
                      This is the best post of the thread! Rep points my boy!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

Originally posted by rabbit_boy View Post
                        You are right, I am sure the AD's office is perfectly happy with four lousy seasons and with the prospects for more to come in the future.

OK, if this is what everyone wants to read. We are going to undefeated, win the Summit, knock off Duke, NC, UCLA and win it all this year!! YAAA!
                        I'm not going to attack a poster. I'm not going to attack a poster. I'm not going to attack a poster. I'm not going to attack a poster. I'm not going to attack a poster.

Serenity now! Serenity now! Serenity now!

Whew, all better. But if rabbit_boy writes a third post as idiotic as those last two, all bets are off.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                          I'm not going to attack a poster. I'm not going to attack a poster. I'm not going to attack a poster. I'm not going to attack a poster. I'm not going to attack a poster.

Serenity now! Serenity now! Serenity now!

Whew, all better. But if rabbit_boy writes a third post as idiotic as those last two, all bets are off.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                          Good advise SB! See what happens with personal attacks.

From the Users Banned in Announcements -

Jack B. Nimble has been assigned to "Time Out" til 11/20 for personal attacks against a fellow member.

This is a reminder to us all: Keep it civil!!!

GO JACKS!

RR

Comment

I finally got the anonymous negative rep points that I always get when speaking honestly about the men's program. It never fails. Its the only time I get negative rep points and I get no explanation. It doesn't change any of my opinions.

I think the Jacks can keep this close in the first half. SJ State should be able to widen the lead in the second half. We'll have to shoot really well and crash the boards which will give them a chance to get out and run. I don't think we can put 80 points on the board so we need a lower scoring game.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              I finally got the anonymous negative rep points that I always get when speaking honestly about the men's program. It never fails. Its the only time I get negative rep points and I get no explanation. It doesn't change any of my opinions.I think the Jacks can keep this close in the first half. SJ State should be able to widen the lead in the second half. We'll have to shoot really well and crash the boards which will give them a chance to get out and run. I don't think we can put 80 points on the board so we need a lower scoring game.
                              It's annoying isn't it. I just wish they would write their name and why.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                                I finally got the anonymous negative rep points that I always get when speaking honestly about the men's program. It never fails. Its the only time I get negative rep points and I get no explanation. It doesn't change any of my opinions.
                                Me too, but I also received one anon positive, so there is a reason to be OPTIMISTIC. My OPTIMISM is growing even further as I Received positive points from some one so did identify themselves. I am with JackMD on wishing people would engage, so I will try and so it here.

If you think I am down or negative on the men's bb program then you don't know me or I have not been clear enough in my posts (probably more of the latter). From what I know of the staff and the players they are outstanding individuals that I would trust my daughters life with. They work harder than I do without adoubt. SDSU has one of the finest facilities in the country for bb. As a fan it is unbelievable, even if there are only 500 people in the stands. We are lucky to have Dak in town, as the system is awesome. Brookings is a great college town and the support in the area is the best in the region. Look at the attendace figures for football and womens bb. The support from the admin of the univ has been great, but always challenging them to succeed. This program is in much better shape than half the mid-majors (IMHO) in the country. Why hasn't it worked? If I knew the answer to that my job would be consulting with every program in the country (man would that be a cool job). I can't point to any decision or move made by the staff that was obviously wrong, but it has not worked out for some reason. Maybe this is the year. If not, and the AD decides to make changes, it would not surprise me to see Coach Nagy get multiple offers as an asst or head coach and in a couple years be having great years. But that wouldn't mean making the change was a mistake. I want the best for the program, the base for success is there, and only God knows why it hasn't happened. I truly hope we double our wins from last year, but that is not the standard I would put for whether the year was a success or not. I want progress to being a competitive program.

This is too long and I would have put it in a pm, but I couldn't

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X