• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joeboo22
    replied
    Re: 2009-10 Recruits

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
    I agree!!!

To get this thread back on topic, does anyone know who we are looking at with the last available scholarship? I heard about a point guard in Minneapolis, Marcus Williams? Can anyone tell me more about him?
    http://hsminnesota.scout.com/a.z?s=3...=1&nid=3832237

There is his preps profile.... I've heard a lil about the guy, seems that as a sophomore he was looked at pretty high, but between injuries and being recruited for football his basketball looks have died down quite a bit.... It just seems like there is a huge basketball class in Minnesota this year.

Leave a comment:

• NorCalJack
    replied

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
    Enough with the thread drift.
    I agree!!!

To get this thread back on topic, does anyone know who we are looking at with the last available scholarship? I heard about a point guard in Minneapolis, Marcus Williams? Can anyone tell me more about him?

Leave a comment:

• mitchell
    replied

Enough with the thread drift.

Leave a comment:

• zooropa
    replied

I agree--Tveidt was wavering in committing to SDSU---with the way the team was last year, who knows if Nagy could've kept him, and with Cordova and the Madison kids coming along, Tveidt became someone we could afford to lose.

I mean, you'd like to keep all the talent in your state, but sometimes there's too much. I think we'll be fine with AC & the Madison kids.

---

And there, Joe Boo, we got Tveidt back around to the upcoming class of recruits.

Leave a comment:

• joeboo22
    replied

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
    Joe, how many times did you watch Pierre play?? I would love to hear that answer, because I can guarantee you it was no where near the times I watched them. Both Sam and Michael were very valuable to that Pierre team, but Tveidt was the center of it and had defenses keying on him night in and night out. Tveidt made the decision to go to NDSU and I am sure he is 100% happy up there but he could have had a big impact on this team. I'm not going to say he's better than Chad or vice versa as they both are extremely talented players.

Also I've said this before and I'll say it again, if SDSU would have gotten Tveidt to come here, Willard was going to follow.

From what I understand, the coaches weren't pursuing Michael very hard so why should he make a visit to campus? Michael did take a long time to make up his decision but I don't think it was an easy one for him to come up with.

I'm not trying to bash AC at all because I think he is a tremendously talented basketball player but I feel like the SDSU coaches dropped the ball when it came to recruiting Michael.

I'm just going to leave it at that.
    I'm not saying that Tveidt isn't good, all what I am saying is adding Williard to this team would have a better impact that adding Tveidt to this team...

Leave a comment:

• bub94
    replied

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    I too, vote both, but that was not an option for our coaching staff. If we are going to kick around the past, why not think both as AC and MT ARE both assets to both programs, be it SDSU or NDSU. There is no question that both will contribute a great deal before they are done. Let them face off on the playing floor.

I realize coaches often have some tough choices to make. Sometimes the wrong one gets picked and the right one gets away. It happens and I would be reluctant to suggest it happened with the choice between AC and MT.
    I definitely don't want to take away from MT's abilities. Like others have posted, he sure lit us up last year. They have different games though. AC is down low while MT is the 3 pointer and a little bit of a driver.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
    I'm like everyone else thinking it would have been nice to see them both in Jacks uniforms. But as it is now, we need AC more than MT. AC is our down-low pressence. Without him, Kai is moved to center and made to play out of position again. AC's post moves have improved a lot since last year and he is a threat down-low.
    I too, vote both, but that was not an option for our coaching staff. If we are going to kick around the past, why not think both as AC and MT ARE both assets to both programs, be it SDSU or NDSU. There is no question that both will contribute a great deal before they are done. Let them face off on the playing floor.

I realize coaches often have some tough choices to make. Sometimes the wrong one gets picked and the right one gets away. It happens and I would be reluctant to suggest it happened with the choice between AC and MT.

Leave a comment:

• bub94
    replied

I'm like everyone else thinking it would have been nice to see them both in Jacks uniforms. But as it is now, we need AC more than MT. AC is our down-low pressence. Without him, Kai is moved to center and made to play out of position again. AC's post moves have improved a lot since last year and he is a threat down-low.

Leave a comment:

• mango4
    replied

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    A couple of things, first of all what does Tveidt have to do with the 09-10 recruiting class?
    Second of all, Chad White is quicker and a better wing that Tveidt will ever be. Watched him play in high school and though he was good, Sam Williard was the bright spot on that team, a solid center that was fundamentally sound.... Letting Tveidt go to NDSU doesn't bother me, the class we recruited that year was better then NDSU's anyway.... Letting Williard get by bothered me a bit more, the early signings of Sargent and Moss was pretty good though, and we had Cordova....

This years recruits of Chad White and Tony Feigen where a lot like Pierre's team with Williard and Tveidt, except Chad White is better, and Tony Feigen has a little bit better outside game and not quite the game inside the paint though they are very similar.....

Too many people look back and say we should of recruited this guy or that guy, anybody can second guess, anybody can say what if, only the coaches can make the call, and only the coaches coach the kids they recruit....
    Joe, how many times did you watch Pierre play?? I would love to hear that answer, because I can guarantee you it was no where near the times I watched them. Both Sam and Michael were very valuable to that Pierre team, but Tveidt was the center of it and had defenses keying on him night in and night out. Tveidt made the decision to go to NDSU and I am sure he is 100% happy up there but he could have had a big impact on this team. I'm not going to say he's better than Chad or vice versa as they both are extremely talented players.

Also I've said this before and I'll say it again, if SDSU would have gotten Tveidt to come here, Willard was going to follow.

Originally posted by 90Jackrabbit View Post
    According to TV's blog last year before the Bison game, if I remember right, he said that Tviedt didn't make a campus visit to SDSU when he was being recruited. So its pretty hard to sign a guy who won't even come and take a look around. He's a Bison, and I'll take Cordova.
    From what I understand, the coaches weren't pursuing Michael very hard so why should he make a visit to campus? Michael did take a long time to make up his decision but I don't think it was an easy one for him to come up with.

I'm not trying to bash AC at all because I think he is a tremendously talented basketball player but I feel like the SDSU coaches dropped the ball when it came to recruiting Michael.

I'm just going to leave it at that.
    Last edited by mango4; 01-13-2009, 10:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
    I know this discussion has been hashed out on the this board before, but I'll still take Cordova...especially after what I have seen this season thus far. I think it's much more difficult to find an AC type player versus another player out on the wing like Tviedt.

But it would be nice to have both players on our squad.
    Ditto. I will take Cordova any day of the week. I think he has much more upside and his game seems to improve every week. A wide body with an assortment of inside post moves is very valuable. What he did to Iowa State was incredible and remember he doesn't have much help down low!

Leave a comment:

• 90Jackrabbit
    replied

According to TV's blog last year before the Bison game, if I remember right, he said that Tviedt didn't make a campus visit to SDSU when he was being recruited. So its pretty hard to sign a guy who won't even come and take a look around. He's a Bison, and I'll take Cordova.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    Too many people look back and say we should of recruited this guy or that guy, anybody can second guess, anybody can say what if, only the coaches can make the call, and only the coaches coach the kids they recruit....
    Well I think we should have recruited Tviedt and no doubt the staff does too, but Tviedt made a choice. I have only seen the Madison guys on tv last spring during the state tourney, and I was not overly impressed. I hope they are as good as you say. When do you get time to crack at book at BHSU since you are all over the state talking to people? Or are you puffing a bit?

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
    I watched Michael play throughout high school, including making several trips back to Pierre after I graduated to watch him and Sam Willard play. Michael is a very good player, he was then and is now. I remember in elementary and junior high, the kid was not a very good player, he just played because he was tall, but he really blossomed once he got to high school. He keeps getting better, zooropa is right to think that Tveidt will continue to get better but he is an impact player right now. Prime example is him hanging 16 on us in the first 10 minutes in the game in Fargo last year.

I would loved to have seen Michael in an SDSU uniform, he was easily the best player in that class.
    I think you are right on target, its a shame there was not a scholarship for Tviedt and Cordova both, as we would be much stronger on inside with both. No I see no reason knock Tviedt, he is a very good player, and the word impact applies. NDSU is not a bad place to get an education, and that the probably the most important thing in Mr. Tviedt's life.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
    I think we know, I have watched Tveidt play for two years and he is clearly a talented basketball player. His length, athleticism, and shooting ability have caused more than a few teams problems.

The transition is already a success, just think back to where NDSU mens basketball was, the growth of the program has been something to watch. You are about the goal for this season though, it is NCAA tourney or bust.

Correction noted. I meant the season. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• joeboo22
    replied

A couple of things, first of all what does Tveidt have to do with the 09-10 recruiting class?
    Second of all, Chad White is quicker and a better wing that Tveidt will ever be. Watched him play in high school and though he was good, Sam Williard was the bright spot on that team, a solid center that was fundamentally sound.... Letting Tveidt go to NDSU doesn't bother me, the class we recruited that year was better then NDSU's anyway.... Letting Williard get by bothered me a bit more, the early signings of Sargent and Moss was pretty good though, and we had Cordova....

This years recruits of Chad White and Tony Feigen where a lot like Pierre's team with Williard and Tveidt, except Chad White is better, and Tony Feigen has a little bit better outside game and not quite the game inside the paint though they are very similar.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X