X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-10 Recruits

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    Return to the topic, everyone, or the thread will be locked.
    On topic, I anticipate great things from both of these players. Mainly because they have dreamed of playing for SDSU for a long time. DESIRE to play at SDSU is something that is not given as much credit as it deserves. These two WANTED to play for SDSU early and made the commitment to do so. They have grown into top notch high school basketball players. I have no reason to believe they will do anything but continue to grow and mature into top notch college basketball players. They will put on weight, probably grow a little more and will learn things about the game of basketball that they have yet to even touch on as young teenagers. I think they will be great for SDSU and SDSU will be great for them...as is the case for 99% of the athletes who attend/have attended SDSU. I can't wait to see them in SDSU blue and gold.*

* (just seeing if you're paying attention)
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
      On topic, I anticipate great things from both of these players. Mainly because they have dreamed of playing for SDSU for a long time. DESIRE to play at SDSU is something that is not given as much credit as it deserves. These two WANTED to play for SDSU early and made the commitment to do so. They have grown into top notch high school basketball players. I have no reason to believe they will do anything but continue to grow and mature into top notch college basketball players. They will put on weight, probably grow a little more and will learn things about the game of basketball that they have yet to even touch on as young teenagers. I think they will be great for SDSU and SDSU will be great for them...as is the case for 99% of the athletes who attend/have attended SDSU. I can't wait to see them in SDSU blue and gold.*

* (just seeing if you're paying attention)

I am . . . SDSU Yellow and Blue.

Comment

[QUOTE=joeboo22;103869]

Brayden Carlson- 6-4/6-5 PG/SG, a little less known but I've talked to people who watched the schoolers this summer and said he was better the Felt (sp) that is going to NDSU... Is a big smart guard, probably the best guard in AA (not that there is much).... SDSU is taking a little bit of a gamble on him but I like what I've heard about him, Hes from Brookings wants to be a Jack pretty bad, is a basketball player, and has the body and basketball smarts to be a good guard for the Jacks..... again hard to compare him to anybody, maybe a Sargent on the team...

QUOTE]

If you would like to watch Brayden play tonight, BV usually streams their home games. Here is the address. You will also be able to see football verbal Chase Douglas and an extremely quick Britt Wickett. I don't know what Britt's plans are, but he could help someone (football)somewhere with his quickness and toughness.

http://brandonvalley.k12.sd.us/
        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

[QUOTE=ringthebells;104360]
          Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post

Brayden Carlson- 6-4/6-5 PG/SG, a little less known but I've talked to people who watched the schoolers this summer and said he was better the Felt (sp) that is going to NDSU... Is a big smart guard, probably the best guard in AA (not that there is much).... SDSU is taking a little bit of a gamble on him but I like what I've heard about him, Hes from Brookings wants to be a Jack pretty bad, is a basketball player, and has the body and basketball smarts to be a good guard for the Jacks..... again hard to compare him to anybody, maybe a Sargent on the team...

QUOTE]

If you would like to watch Brayden play tonight, BV usually streams their home games. Here is the address. You will also be able to see football verbal Chase Douglas and an extremely quick Britt Wickett. I don't know what Britt's plans are, but he could help someone (football)somewhere with his quickness and toughness.

thanks....

Comment

[QUOTE=ringthebells;104360]
            Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post

QUOTE]

Appreciate the link, I'll have to try to catch some of it.

Comment

Carlson had a few nice plays but Douglas was huge as he put up 16 pts and I'd guess 8 or 9 boards in the first half.

Comment

I liked Joe's breakdown of recruits and attempts to compare them to other players. Anticipation and exchanging opinions is half the fun of college sports. I saw the Madison guys play last year but haven't seen them this year. Haven't ever seen Carlson. Anyway, I enjoy others' insights. Thanks, all.
                This space for lease.

Comment

Going to the Hansen Classic on Saturday. Feature game will be Madison v. Platte-Geddes at 8:30 pm. Same two teams that played in the A championship last year with most starters back. Looking forward to that game and watching the two committs for the Jacks. What a deal on Saturday, 7 games for $7...Going to watch Jacks Women Friday night and then to Mitchell all day Saturday. Will miss the Men on Saturday night, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
                    Going to the Hansen Classic on Saturday. Feature game will be Madison v. Platte-Geddes at 8:30 pm. Same two teams that played in the A championship last year with most starters back. Looking forward to that game and watching the two committs for the Jacks. What a deal on Saturday, 7 games for $7...Going to watch Jacks Women Friday night and then to Mitchell all day Saturday. Will miss the Men on Saturday night, though.

FYI---If you're coming on Friday night, you'll see the men play, the women play on Saturday.
                    Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU16 View Post
                      FYI---If you're coming on Friday night, you'll see the men play, the women play on Saturday.
                      I was gonna say did I miss a change. And 7 games for $7 is a steal. Sure maybe all the games won't be championship title games, but it is still fun.
                      Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU16 View Post
                        4Life is a little slow and he doesn't see that well, I think he'll figure out its the men's game when he gets to Frost though.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          4Life is a little slow and he doesn't see that well, I think he'll figure out its the men's game when he gets to Frost though.
                          Darn, you make one mistake and they are all over ya. Yea, I knew it, my typing fingers got ahead of my brain. Cubby's is still in Brookings, isn't it? I am still planning on going there. Don't care who I see play as long as I get to stop at Cubby's first!

Comment

Darn, you make one mistake and they are all over ya. Yea, I knew it, my typing fingers got ahead of my brain. Cubby's is still in Brookings, isn't it? I am still planning on going there. Don't care who I see play as long as I get to stop at Cubby's first!
                            Cubby's is still in Brookings. I would suggest if you are going to eat before the game to get there early. I'm sure the NDSU fans will be eating there and a bunch of Jacks fans will be too. Plus it's a Friday night and the college kids will be here for the weekend, having just come off a 3-day weekend. Also, you might want to get to Frost early. Last double header I showed up a little late (15 minutes before the game) and the line for tickets was to the outside door. This is also the night Nagy goes shoeless so there will be people with shoes to donate causing the lines to be even longer. So much going on.
                            Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                              Cubby's is still in Brookings. I would suggest if you are going to eat before the game to get there early. I'm sure the NDSU fans will be eating there and a bunch of Jacks fans will be too. Plus it's a Friday night and the college kids will be here for the weekend, having just come off a 3-day weekend. Also, you might want to get to Frost early. Last double header I showed up a little late (15 minutes before the game) and the line for tickets was to the outside door. This is also the night Nagy goes shoeless so there will be people with shoes to donate causing the lines to be even longer. So much going on.
                              Thanks for the heads-up, but I got my ticket and, darn it, my wife can't make it. So, I am going alone and will probably run into SDSU daughter sometime downtown. I get off work at noon, so I might just drive up early and get a good seat at the bar. BTW, thanks for the reminder about the shoe night. I have several pair to drop off. Just about forgot.

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up, but I got my ticket and, darn it, my wife can't make it. So, I am going alone and will probably run into SDSU daughter sometime downtown. I get off work at noon, so I might just drive up early and get a good seat at the bar. BTW, thanks for the reminder about the shoe night. I have several pair to drop off. Just about forgot.

Lakes posted on B'ville that he needs a ticket. I'm not saying - I'm just saying.

Hey - It would definitely be an experience!

Comment

Working...
                                X