This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-10 Recruits

I've never seen Felt play but I've talked to numerous people who follows or plays for the schoolers and they said Carlson played better then Felt did.... they also said Feigen and White were good but White still wasn't 100% (he is now) and Feigen had some ankle problems throughout the year but still played good.....

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
      I expect both the Madison recruits to be productive players for the Jacks. Have the people that rank these players actually seen them play? Or do they simply go by stats, size, recruiting attention etc?
      Isn't most of compiled information on guys from our area sent to them from guys like the Schoolers dude, some AAU coaches??

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
        I've never seen Felt play but I've talked to numerous people who follows or plays for the schoolers and they said Carlson played better then Felt did.... they also said Feigen and White were good but White still wasn't 100% (he is now) and Feigen had some ankle problems throughout the year but still played good.....
        yes, most in the know think Carlson is a better "scorer" than Felt and all round player. What I had heard was when the competition got more difficult(Las Vegas, KCity), Felt had trouble getting his shot off and Carlson started averaging about 18-20 a game as well as running the offense.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU Dad View Post
          yes, most in the know think Carlson is a better "scorer" than Felt and all round player. What I had heard was when the competition got more difficult(Las Vegas, KCity), Felt had trouble getting his shot off and Carlson started averaging about 18-20 a game as well as running the offense.
          Brayden had a pretty good night Friday, leading Brookings to a 102-90 win over Pierre...he was 4-4 from the arc and 12-14 overall in shooting, and had five assists. Looking better all the time!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
            Brayden had a pretty good night Friday, leading Brookings to a 102-90 win[ over Pierre...he was 4-4 from the arc and 12-14 overall in shooting, and had five assists. Looking better all the time!
            WOW!!!! THAT's a HIGH SCORING HS game! Aren't HS games 8 min quarters? Or 32 min total? That's 20% shorter than a college game if true!

Comment

Yeah, I saw that score and figured it had to be double or triple overtime. We may have to teach the young man how to play better defense but I like everything else about what he is doing.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Carlson, White and Fiegan are all 2008-2009 Recruits last time I checked.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                  Carlson, White and Fiegan are all 2008-2009 Recruits last time I checked.
                  So which is it? The student's senior year, or the student's freshman year?

Comment

I've always interpreted it as being the first year for the student-athlete at SDSU.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

McDonald's All American Basketball Selection Committee announced that Chad White and Tony Fiegen are among 1500 players nominated for the All American team. Last year Colton Iverson was the only South Dakota player nominated.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                        I've always interpreted it as being the first year for the student-athlete at SDSU.
                        That is correct...recruiting years refer to the year they are graduating high school and starting college. 2009 Recruits would be more appropriate.

Comment

Monday night Madison #3 plays Sioux Falls Christian #1 in class A in Madison at Dakota State!

Common oppponent: Platte-Geddes which Christian beat and Madison got killed by!

They are in the same region! Go watch the future Jacks play aganist a young SFC team!

Comment

Originally posted by tattoo View Post
                            Monday night Madison #3 plays Sioux Falls Christian #1 in class A in Madison at Dakota State!

Common oppponent: Platte-Geddes which Christian beat and Madison got killed by!

They are in the same region! Go watch the future Jacks play aganist a young SFC team!
                            Also suggest anyone in the Brookings area traveling to Volga on Friday to see Madison take on Sioux Valley, should be a great one

Comment

Recruits are classified in the year they graduate.....White, Fiegen, Carlson are considered 2009 Recruits.

Hard to compare Michael Felt to White, Fiegen or Carlson. They all play different positions. Felt is known as a shooting 2-guard. Not a combo (even if he plays a little PG for his HS team) but a solid 2. He'll play the 2 at NDSU.

Carlson, I would consider a PG, but most likely will play 1-3 position at SDSU. Staff waffled on offering him and his last five games he's shown what he can do offensively. Last summer the team was loaded with talent. Easily the most talent Schooler team in 19 years. Brayden didn't have to score but when injuries occurred he picked up the slack left by those not playing and provided solid scoring. Add 15-25 pounds to his athletic body and he's going to be a great player at SDSU.

White will play the 1-3 position at SDSU. Coaches see him possibly playing some PG if needed. Has had two solid games back to back for Madison. One of the more explosive players in the state.

Fiegen will be a 4-man in the rotation. Athletic and long his best basketball is ahead of him.

SD kids can compete in the Summit......these three are outstanding and will be solid at the next level and fall right in line behind Moss and Cordova as in state kids that help build a solid DI program at SDSU.

Zach Horstman joins them all two years later (granted Moss & Cordova will be gone). Doubt that any 2010 kids from SDSU will be on the roster unless a scholarship pops open or it's a walk-on situation. Likely suitors could include:

Adol Aloung
                              Jared Bartling
                              Terrell Newton

Still many thought that SD kids aren't good enough to build this program...what they will see is that they won't only be good enough they will be the leaders in the future.

Looking ahead at 2012.....

Sam Wallin
                              Zach Kraning

then too early to tell for others but these two will draw a lot of attention the next four years.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadsev View Post
                                Recruits are classified in the year they graduate.....White, Fiegen, Carlson are considered 2009 Recruits.

Hard to compare Michael Felt to White, Fiegen or Carlson. They all play different positions. Felt is known as a shooting 2-guard. Not a combo (even if he plays a little PG for his HS team) but a solid 2. He'll play the 2 at NDSU.

Carlson, I would consider a PG, but most likely will play 1-3 position at SDSU. Staff waffled on offering him and his last five games he's shown what he can do offensively. Last summer the team was loaded with talent. Easily the most talent Schooler team in 19 years. Brayden didn't have to score but when injuries occurred he picked up the slack left by those not playing and provided solid scoring. Add 15-25 pounds to his athletic body and he's going to be a great player at SDSU.

White will play the 1-3 position at SDSU. Coaches see him possibly playing some PG if needed. Has had two solid games back to back for Madison. One of the more explosive players in the state.

Fiegen will be a 4-man in the rotation. Athletic and long his best basketball is ahead of him.

SD kids can compete in the Summit......these three are outstanding and will be solid at the next level and fall right in line behind Moss and Cordova as in state kids that help build a solid DI program at SDSU.

Zach Horstman joins them all two years later (granted Moss & Cordova will be gone). Doubt that any 2010 kids from SDSU will be on the roster unless a scholarship pops open or it's a walk-on situation. Likely suitors could include:

Adol Aloung
                                Jared Bartling
                                Terrell Newton

Still many thought that SD kids aren't good enough to build this program...what they will see is that they won't only be good enough they will be the leaders in the future.

Looking ahead at 2012.....

Sam Wallin
                                Zach Kraning

then too early to tell for others but these two will draw a lot of attention the next four years.
                                Its like a group of prisoners being locked in a big cell with only a window that is above everyone's height. Some one hoisted Cadsev up on their shoulders and he has a view of the cavalry coming to the rescue. So really appreciate your honest opinions.

Comment

Working...
                                X